Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
WHEELWELL.COM is a TOTAL SCAM!!!

I wanted to also post this here, as I dont want anyone to get scammed like I have.

All I did was try to order a SW Cat Back Exhaust for my car from Wheelwell.com. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.

Lets go through the chain of events..

December 4th, order was placed for my Stainless Works Cat Back NPP/AFM Exhaust. I was told at that time they confirmed with SW the system would be delivered in 2 weeks or less...CONFIRMED!

I place the order, and pay in full.

A few days later, I get the "there will be a slight delay, but it will be about 3 weeks. We will let you know when we have a confirmed ship date"

OK, still not bad, I am fine with it at this point.

Then they give me the first confirmed ship date. I believe it was December 19th. Great, I would have it for Christmas

December 19th came and went. I reach out to Jennifer at Wheelwell.com, and she says there is a massive backlog of orders with SW, so the date will be pushed back.

I reach out a few days later for an update on the ship date and am told they are "really busy for the holidays, and we will have a ship date in a few days"

I reach out again, and I am told January 9th. WOW.

This entire time Jennifer tells me she has been in "direct contact with Stainless Works constantly to get updates" (more on that later)

January 9th comes and goes.....

I reach out again for a follow up ship date, and am told January 21st because they are still backed up from the holiday season. I made it very clear that I do not care if the 21st is a holiday, it ships or my order is being cancelled.

Yesterday, just for the hell of it, I reach out to Stainless Works. Robert calls me back today (nice guy) says they have NO RECORD of an order for my address. He also states that they do not work with Wheelwell directly, so the information I was given for 6+ weeks from Jennifer about "her being in constant contact" with SW was a total lie!!

So today, I speak to Skyler over at Wheelwell (presumably Jennifer's manager) and he tries to start giving me the same line of crap about how they have been speaking directly to SW for the past 6 weeks. Then I called him out on it and tell him SW has NEVER spoken to anyone from your company and they do not do business with you directly.

Then his store changes to how they have been speaking with the distributor/wholesaler about the updates. Totally different story and totally different scenario.

I told Skyler that my conversation with Jennifer last week was it ships today, January 21st or the order is cancelled. Thats it!

He then responds with something to the tune of "its not easy just to cancel an order because we need to work with our distributor" What a joke.

REALLY???? No the order get cancelled or I call my credit card and send them all of the emails I have sent them.

Bottom line..DONT EVER ORDER FROM WHEELWELL.COM

They are a total scam!!!

And just do you know, I spoke to Robert at SW and he said the exhaust should have taken 1-2 weeks TOPS!!! They are going to try and match the price I paid for it, and I will order direct form them. If not, I will just get something else. While its not SW fault, I feel as a retailer that sells their product they need to back this up and do the right thing.

Let see how it unfolds.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
This is why I only order from vendors from either here or in the Facebook groups.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #3
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Did you se this thread:https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546540
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
WoW... where do you guys find some of these no name vendors.

Stick with reputable folks like Phastek who will track your shipping for you and have a warehouse with much of this stuff in stock.

https://www.phastekperformance.com/s...show=15&page=2
Old 01-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #5
jcastag

Every vendor started out as a no-name vendor at some point right? I believe in giving some smaller businesses share of the business especially if their price is right. Most of the time it works out just time it happened to screw me over
Old 01-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
Every vendor started out as a no-name vendor at some point right? I believe in giving some smaller businesses share of the business especially if their price is right. Most of the time it works out just time it happened to screw me over
These vendors are bound by Minimum Advertising Price (MAP) and most all will sell at that price.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #7
jcastag

Agreed but this is a Black Friday price and coupon code
Old 01-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #8
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
there are alot of vendors that offer cheap prices. They can sell at those prices if they order a certain amount of product. They hold your order until they get enough to get the lot price.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #9
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
I wanted to also post this here, as I dont want anyone to get scammed like I have.

All I did was try to order a SW Cat Back Exhaust for my car from Wheelwell.com. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.

Lets go through the chain of events..

December 4th, order was placed for my Stainless Works Cat Back NPP/AFM Exhaust. I was told at that time they confirmed with SW the system would be delivered in 2 weeks or less...CONFIRMED!

I place the order, and pay in full.

A few days later, I get the "there will be a slight delay, but it will be about 3 weeks. We will let you know when we have a confirmed ship date"

OK, still not bad, I am fine with it at this point.

Then they give me the first confirmed ship date. I believe it was December 19th. Great, I would have it for Christmas

December 19th came and went. I reach out to Jennifer at Wheelwell.com, and she says there is a massive backlog of orders with SW, so the date will be pushed back.

I reach out a few days later for an update on the ship date and am told they are "really busy for the holidays, and we will have a ship date in a few days"

I reach out again, and I am told January 9th. WOW.

This entire time Jennifer tells me she has been in "direct contact with Stainless Works constantly to get updates" (more on that later)

January 9th comes and goes.....

I reach out again for a follow up ship date, and am told January 21st because they are still backed up from the holiday season. I made it very clear that I do not care if the 21st is a holiday, it ships or my order is being cancelled.

Yesterday, just for the hell of it, I reach out to Stainless Works. Robert calls me back today (nice guy) says they have NO RECORD of an order for my address. He also states that they do not work with Wheelwell directly, so the information I was given for 6+ weeks from Jennifer about "her being in constant contact" with SW was a total lie!!

So today, I speak to Skyler over at Wheelwell (presumably Jennifer's manager) and he tries to start giving me the same line of crap about how they have been speaking directly to SW for the past 6 weeks. Then I called him out on it and tell him SW has NEVER spoken to anyone from your company and they do not do business with you directly.

Then his store changes to how they have been speaking with the distributor/wholesaler about the updates. Totally different story and totally different scenario.

I told Skyler that my conversation with Jennifer last week was it ships today, January 21st or the order is cancelled. Thats it!

He then responds with something to the tune of "its not easy just to cancel an order because we need to work with our distributor" What a joke.

REALLY???? No the order get cancelled or I call my credit card and send them all of the emails I have sent them.

Bottom line..DONT EVER ORDER FROM WHEELWELL.COM

They are a total scam!!!

And just do you know, I spoke to Robert at SW and he said the exhaust should have taken 1-2 weeks TOPS!!! They are going to try and match the price I paid for it, and I will order direct form them. If not, I will just get something else. While its not SW fault, I feel as a retailer that sells their product they need to back this up and do the right thing.

Let see how it unfolds.
Cool...never heard of them, I'll never use them.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote