Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
Supermanjames84

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
2017 2SS Camaro Convertible Subwoofer instal

Originally Posted by Supermanjames84 View Post
Hi I installed a Kicker solo baric L7 10" in the trunk it just fits with the convertible top down without rubbing or moving. Also you can still have the top protectector clipped in too. I used a kicker CX1200.1 as the amplifier. It gives so much bump that the whole car flexes if you only have it turned quarter of the way up. It was the only sound system that was strong enough to carry the sound up to the driver seat with serious power and still fit securely without modifications in the trunk. I tried several other expensive sound system setups that did not fit or work without major modifications. So in the end after several different setups I am very happy with it the kicker setup it works amazingly well. The only thing you need to keep in mind when installing is there are 2 cords that run to the AMP that have to be cut in the trunk to turn off the road noise cancelation microphones. Otherwise if you don't cut the 2 cords the sound system will not work correctly. But after figuring that out the instal in the trunk was pretty easy. Make sure you use the best guage wiring you can afford trust me, with a sound system like this you do not want to go cheap on parts it makes a difference. I also used the amp to boost the door speakers but that was a pain so I would not suggest unless you are seriously wanting more power to front door speakers. The door speakers were a lot of work and extra expense for not too much of an increase in sound quality the amp and solo baric L7 were plenty on their own. Let me know if you have any other questions hope this helps.
Supermanjames84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #2
Supermanjames84

Reply to question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanjames84 View Post
Here are some pictures of my heavily custom and modified 2017 Convertible Camaro 2LT SS Limited Custom 1 of 1. Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments??
Would you be willing to post info about your stereo system upgrades in the Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics section of the forum?
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Old 02-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Supermanjames84

Installed by myself and Best Buy

I did not do the full installation myself I had a friend of mine who works at Best Buy car stereo installation work on it with me so I did not have to do all the work myself. But it did take 6 hours of work to get everything installed and working correctly due to the raid noise cancelation problems. But once we got that figured out the rest went smoothly.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2017, 08:35 AM   #4
Captain Obvious
^Name^ | Things I Say -->

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible, Hyper Blue
Hey, is that a heavily custom and modified 2017 Convertible Camaro 2LT SS Limited Custom 1 of 1?

Pics from further away would be much more useful, as would a few more commas and paragraphs in your posts. I'm very interested in the location of the sub install, but can't discern anything other than that it's a square solobaric from this pic. It could be installed in a dump truck for all the detail in the pic!
Captain Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
Didn't see a response in the other thread. Is this a commercially available box or is it a custom built one?
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
Warsteiner

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2LT RS Vert
Could you get some more pictures of the box you used? Does it sit in the spare tire area?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
Supermanjames84

2017 Custom 2SS Camaro 1 of 1

The sub box on the solo baric L7 from kicker is the all in one box and sub by kicker. The box fits perfectly in the trunk like I said behind the convertible shield that snaps in facing inwards towards the interior of the car. The box sits with the back of the box touching the back of the trunk. As I explained previously due to the convertibles limited trunk space, after trying several high end options this one was the only one that fit easily without modifications to the trunk. It also if done correctly is extremely powerful and precise sound quality. Though I always say "you get what you pay for" so the reason this one costs so much more is because the quality is so much better than cheap subs. You can find the box and sub all together on kickers website. Here is the link:

http://www.kicker.com/solo-baric-l7s-10-subwoofer-box

I will try to post some more pictures soon I only had the ones I posted already available from when the car was finished and published then it was stored for the winter. I will try to go by my storage garage sometime and uncover it and take some more pictures.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #8
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Just as a follow-up, was there extensive wiring issues to get this sub to play nicely with the Bose proprietary system? Also, a parts list would be great. I noticed the last post was in Feb, and he lives in a snow area, so maybe with the spring thaw we can get more pics. I'm contemplating upgrading my system this summer, and this is on the short-list. . . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:34 PM   #9
Dlions720

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Can we get a few more pictures of the intall? Where did you put the amp? I see some room underneath the floor of the truck. I have a 2016 camaro ss convertible and would like to do the same thing.
Dlions720 is offline   Reply With Quote