Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-01-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
JairCholico

Drives: Chevy camaro
Camaro 2SS Stalling problems

So today I got my camaro 2016 2SS it’s manual , I’m whatever with stick shift but today it stalled on me and when it stalls it sounds like it’s not wanting to start, any one know a solution or is that just normal?
JairCholico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:56 AM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JairCholico View Post
So today I got my camaro 2016 2SS it’s manual , I’m whatever with stick shift but today it stalled on me and when it stalls it sounds like it’s not wanting to start, any one know a solution or is that just normal?
You're going to need to provide much more detail if you want any type of helpful assistance..
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:04 AM   #3
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
It could very likely be just a heat soaked starter. This is common for this car and others on this forum experienced it. Restarting the hot engine soon after it stopped (doesn't matter if you stalled or purposely stopped the engine properly), especially on a hot summer day, you may experience a slow start. The slow hesitant start only happens to me in the summer when the engine hasn't had any time to cool down, such as pumping gas and restarting the engine on a hot day. I never experienced the slow start when the engine is cold. Also, it never failed to start, even when it sounds like it is really struggling.

We need more details from you to be sure though.

jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
You're going to need to provide much more detail if you want any type of helpful assistance..
I agree. But given the limited info, I would probably check the battery first. 2016 battery probably near end of its useful life.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote