Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2020, 03:07 AM   #1
Nick912

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Advice On Selling Car With Cam

I apologize in advance for the length, just wanted to cover everything.

I need some insight on how I could go about selling my 2011 Camaro and replace it with a 2005 c6 manual corvette. I am positive I want to make the swap, as I want a lighter platform that'll accommodate my future goals batter (building an 8 second manual street car). The issue I have regarding selling my current car is my mods. I've yet to stumble upon a thread with someone having the same issue I have to this extent.

Here's a complete list of what my build consists of: Texas Speed stage 4 "F35" cam, morel 6504 lifters, chromoly pushrods, CHE trunion upgrade, .660" TSP spring kit, Melling high pressure oil pump, Stage 3 Spec 6 puck clutch, 28lb Billet steel flywheel, tilton engineering adjustable slave/release bearing, CAI, Catless Speed Engineering 1-7/8" LT's, Electric cutouts (in place of where cats would go), stock h-pipe and resonators, Flowmaster FlowFX mufflers and Borla XS mufflers (still fairly loud even with 4 mufflers), and good dyno tune (490 rwhp on a mustang dyno) Also, car just hit 100k miles last week (cam for 3k miles and clutch for 1k)

I know there's no way I'm going to get anywhere near close to my money back I spent when I sell this car, I am just wondering what ya'll think would be the best way to go about getting rid of my car (financially speaking). Would returning it to stock and trying to sell my modded parts off be the best option, or should I sell it as is?

Returning to stock-ish is plausible, as I still have most of the original parts (minus the clutch and stock manifolds/cats), and I could probably get the stock cam back in there in a few hours (I do my own work) and have my tuner flash the original tune back on the car. The issue with this is the clutch is far too aggressive for stock power, and can definitely cause issues with selling to certain buyers. And then there is also the issue of having cutouts along with a switch poking out by the shifter. Is this something I would leave in, or remove before selling? Also, would I leave the catless headers on? My car can pass OBDII emissions thanks to the help of my *unnamed tuner*, so would it be fine for me to leave them alone? Would it be worth my money to buy stock manifolds to make the car look closer to stock for a better resale value?

Aside from that mess of an option, I could either list it on cargurus/cars.com and such, like I would've done if selling it in stock form, but give a description of the mods. Would I be getting more or less money this way instead of reverting to stock? I currently do not see a single Camaro with engine work done by the owner being sold on the normal websites though, so I would assume selling it here with a full mod list might be a more viable option. I've only been on the forum for a short time, i'm wondering if anyone thinks my build spark any interest and even have a chance of being sold in a decent amount of time, for at least a little more money than the stock KBB value?

Feel free to let me know what you think is the best option for me, it would be a really big help
Nick912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:25 AM   #2
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Just my opinion....it looks like the cars been beat to death and you want to unload it. Returning it to stock would be misleading a potential buyer.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:34 AM   #3
Warship2k15

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Ok if it’s still a very nice car you won’t be losing money leaving it the way it is.
There are lots of people who would still want it.
It’s not like you are trying to sell a family car.
You will have less buyers but still enough to get a decent price out of it.
Now will you get any extra for the mods.Probibly not much more then stock.
If you try and have problems selling it then I might swap the cam and the clutch.
Lots of people like the sound of headers and removing them would make it harder to sell unless it’s really loud.
If it is you can either put the mufflers to stock or swap back to manifolds and keep the other.
You want some type of rumble in this type car.
We went to see a Camaro SS that had headers the other day for my girlfriend.Now she doesn’t care what engine etc the car has but when I started it.She said that sounds tough.And asked me if we got one for her if I could make it sound that way.
Once again I would try to sell it the way it is and then demod only if necessary.
Warship2k15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:58 AM   #4
SSkat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I would try to sell as is and only demod if you get no interest. As far as making any money on mods I would try list it few grand above KBB to get at least something back. It all depends on how fast and how much you want for it.
SSkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:06 AM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Seems you (or you and someone before you) got pretty much all you can from modded car. Including the fun part. Knowing mods are always iffy to sell, cut any losses, unload it for what you can get - even if you feel it’s “worth” more. Apply the proceeds to your new build and put it all behind you. In my opinion...