Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #1
Mark_M

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Question Has anyone run Nexen Tires on their Camaro ?

I have avoided these so called name brand tires that charge you an arm and a leg with literally no benefits for the last decade and have switched to a brand by the name of Nexen.
Used them for just about all our household vehicles and have had great luck with them just never used them for a performance car the closest being a Maxima maybe.

The Pro's
Excellent warranty coverage.
TREADWEAR MILEAGE WARRANTY*
1-YEAR LIMITED ROAD HAZARD WARRANTY*
36-MONTH ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE ( I have used this when I hit a curb and blew 2 tires they came and towed my car to the nearest facility at no charge plus gave me new tires at a prorated costing)

I know the answer to my own question lol but was just curious if anyone has run Nexen's on their Camaro being that its a sports performance car versus the typical daily driver and what was their experience with them.

I am in no way affiliated with Nexen but am just a happy and satisfied customer that promotes them when I get the chance to.

http://www.nexentireusa.com/warranty
Mark_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:44 PM   #2
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
I had a set when I had my fox body. The grip was pretty good considering how much they cost. The only negative is that they didn't seem to last long.

Since we are on the subject of tires outside of the big names, General makes a good tire that is underated IMO. I wouldn't track on it, but it grips and wears good for daily use and some mildly spirited mountain runs. I believe Continental owns General.

jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
I bought Nokian tires for my wife's Saturn (I know, I know). "H" rated tire for a great price. They are much better than the BF Goodrich tires they replaced.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote