Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-08-2020, 04:33 PM   #1
JGtheBae

Drives: '07 Vette Z51 | '13 Ford F350 6.7
Unhappy Hesitation - Loss of engine power

I have a 2011 Camaro SS with a CAI Cold Air Intake, JRE Tune (best tune ever), and catback Borla exhaust. Just started to have an issue where the car will jerk and lose power when going for a small pull. 25-50% throttle when accelerating. The car will jerk violently. De-tuned the car and it does the exact same thing. Data logged it and I am getting random IAT jumps to 302 deg F when the car starts jerking. Replaced MAF, same issue.

This will happen all the time during city driving but does not seem to happen on the highway. Has happened to me in gears 1-4. Seems to only be when the car is warmed up. Going to try and throw the stock air box back on it and see if it helps. Checked plug wires and they seem to be seated properly. Plugs are new (within 5k miles). This started happening out of the blue one day.

I am kinda lost and was wondering if anyone else had this issue before or where I should look to start troubleshooting. Any tips or ideas are appreciated. Trying to avoid the stealership. This issue is about 3 weeks old.

Youtube Video showing issue: HERE (The belt noise is not my car it was the truck I passed)
JGtheBae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
JGtheBae

Update

So the 302F / 150C is a short to ground according to the service manual. After inspecting the wiring harness, there are no breaks. I am going to patch in a cable from the start of the ECM connector to the MAF connector (IAT wire). If this works, I will replace the harness, and if not I plan to replace the ECM.

Has anyone had an ECM that became unstable with heat? The only doubt I have with replacing the harness is that it only occurs when the car is hot.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:28 AM   #3
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
sounds more like your temp sensor is shot or you have a loose connection. did u check for a short to ground? did u meter your sensor? did you meter the wire from one end to the other?? if your following what a manual is stating without testing the basics means you should really take it to someone who knows what they’re doing.replace your ecm on a guess without verification?? maybe your temp is spiking??

Last edited by bottletalk; 08-13-2020 at 05:41 AM.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:32 PM   #4
JGtheBae

The MAF was already replaced and it is a short to ground. Spliced in a new wire for the IAT line and it resolved the issue. The short is somewhere in the wiring harness. Just fixed it today.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #5
perfectduck

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Have you checked your coilpacks? I had the same issue but in 4th gen.
perfectduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:59 PM   #6
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
Awesome job JGthebae.
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:11 AM   #7
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Nice.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, hesitation, iat, jerking, timing pull