Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Phastek Performance

Old 11-29-2016, 03:02 AM   #1
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Best time to order a car and get a good deal?

I'm hearing about red tag deals on holidays from US guys...

Has anyone locked in the price with a factory order when they placed the order ?

Looking to get a 2017 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE w/ PDR in the springtime... and I can fly in to order and then pick it up from anywhere in the country....

Unhaggle.Unhaggle.com still doesn't have the 1LE option in their database.

Also I get GM Preferred Pricing from my work...anyone use that here?

Lastly I have a GM platinum visa... have you guys found there's times of year where GM will double your reward pts/ $$$?

Would love to hear suggestions on dealers as well...
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:12 AM   #2
Max Headroom

Drives: 2018 GMC Canyon, 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've always bought GM vehicles and used GM points...never have I been offered double points. I don't think they ever do that, but that's just my experience and my family's experience.

I factory ordered my Camaro and locked in the price. I can't imagine not having the price locked in.

Good luck!
Max Headroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
stevstevd

Drives: MBM 2016 2LT RS
I'm very curious on this as well. I am not in a crazy rush to buy, but I do want one in the next year. Seeing the discounts on all the threads, but only seems to apply to US sales. I contacted a few dealers and they tell me I'd get a better price on a 2017 today than a 2016. Seems hard to believe!
I am not even that fussy on the model to be honest. I will end up with either a 1LT, or a 2SS. I found the two other models are 'in between' and not as good value for the price. Personal preference though.

I'm just trying to see what my best options are. connect and win will likely show up soon, but then I'm debating if they will have some good incentives on 2017s as the 2018s come up. Obviously they will, but if it's not a crazy discount, then I think I'm better off with the 2018 birth certificate.
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:48 AM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
If you're not particular about trim level, color, etc. than patience will always be on your side, and take advantage of incentives (i.e. end of year discounts)

However, if you're like me, I have to have the car built MY WAY (quoting Frank Sinatra), no relation to the man, but will still wheel and deal for the best price.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:48 AM   #5
sstoronto

Drives: 2017 2SS.
It sounds cliché, but do try to pick a day near the end of the month, as a few discounted sales could help the dealer's numbers.....

Also, if possible, go on a real crappy day (weather-wise). You'd be surprised as to what can be done, when there's few ppl around, and they're slow.

As an aside, don't expect to see the 20% etc deals that the US guys were seeing. With a 30% exchange difference, we're already "saving" if you convert a comparable car dollar-to-dollar.

With that, you can still do OK, if you're willing to negotiate and stick to it.

Good Luck.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:18 AM   #6
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Don't forget, it's the hardest part, BUT....
BE PREPARED AND WILLING TO WALK AWAY, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE DEAL!
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:14 AM   #7
stevstevd

What I am noticing is how little effort the dealers are putting in trying to catch my business. When I lived in Ontario, I had the sales people calling me up multiple times a day after I walked away from intial offers. The price kept coming down, to the point where I couldn't believe what sort of prices I was getting.

Fast forward 6 years, in NS, I've been in discussion with 4 different sales people at 3 different dealerships, and not once did it seem like they were pushing for business. Essentially I was getting told I had to pay full MSRP on a build, no negotiations even possible. No one searched for vehicles in the area to try to sway me to a different choice, etc. Nothing really.

Like I said, I am not fussy, I just need a good price. I will continue to be patient though! I may have to look outside the province.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:40 AM   #8
sstoronto

Drives: 2017 2SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
What I am noticing is how little effort the dealers are putting in trying to catch my business. When I lived in Ontario, I had the sales people calling me up multiple times a day after I walked away from intial offers. The price kept coming down, to the point where I couldn't believe what sort of prices I was getting.

Fast forward 6 years, in NS, I've been in discussion with 4 different sales people at 3 different dealerships, and not once did it seem like they were pushing for business. Essentially I was getting told I had to pay full MSRP on a build, no negotiations even possible. No one searched for vehicles in the area to try to sway me to a different choice, etc. Nothing really.

Like I said, I am not fussy, I just need a good price. I will continue to be patient though! I may have to look outside the province.
That could come down to allocation.
With a larger population base, an Ontario dealer may have more cars to sell.....more allocation.

A dealer in Nova Scotia, may be smaller and have less allocation; therefore, they will sell their cars for a little more, as they may have a "we're only getting XX, so we won't discount them" attitude.

With that, I'd try to locate the largest dealer, and try my luck with them, as a start.

It's not a Nova Scotia or Ontario issue, as much as it's a larger vs smaller dealer issue. A smaller Ontario dealer would likely also have a similar perspective.

And yes, like Frank stated, be prepared to walk, if necessary.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #9
stevstevd

That's a good point... One of the persons I spoke with told me "sure, of course we will do everything to get your business, and we are the largest dealer east of Ontario, etc etc..."

It seemed promising at first, but never followed up with me after that first contact to see how things were going. I probably would have made a purchase by now had the team been just a little more aggressive (after all, many sales are impulse buys and I had a big impulse back then!)...

Much of the work is really being done by me at this point - which I am ok with... But I'm just surprised they would not try to push even just a little. Part of the problem is that sales people around here don't last. 3 of the 4 I talked to are no longer working for those dealerships when I go back to the sales center. So not surprising they aren't following up with me!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
I'm hearing about red tag deals on holidays from US guys...

Has anyone locked in the price with a factory order when they placed the order ?

Looking to get a 2017 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE w/ PDR in the springtime... and I can fly in to order and then pick it up from anywhere in the country....

Unhaggle.Unhaggle.com still doesn't have the 1LE option in their database.

Also I get GM Preferred Pricing from my work...anyone use that here?

Lastly I have a GM platinum visa... have you guys found there's times of year where GM will double your reward pts/ $$$?

Would love to hear suggestions on dealers as well...
I ordered my 50th anniversary convertible through Haley GM in Sechelt BC, they were the only ones willing to discount this car, and I got 0 GM financing as well. Very good experience dealing with these people; and the car is fantastic!
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote