Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-23-2021, 09:02 PM   #15
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzoom View Post
I think it is all the California drivers moving here. I had a pickup pull out in front of me last week. I'm the only car on a 3 lane road, doing the speed limit, no one behind me and at the last minute he just pulls out into my lane from a side road like OP's situation. I slammed on the brakes and stopped no issue but

My car is SHOCK plus the DRLs - how can he not see me
I’ve seen your car twice going the opposite direction. Beautiful ride. Once in the Lakeline area. You’re the only Shock Camaro owner I’ve seen in Austin. My car during better times.

seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:28 PM   #16
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you're OK.

To help avoid accidents in the future, I'd suggest buying a car with a more noticeable color. You know, something that isn't like so many other neutral colored cars currently on the road (silver, black, gray)
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:36 PM   #17
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
Going straight at 40mph and a driver didn’t see me as they pulled out of their apartment complex. Hit me as if I wasn’t there. Did a 180 over the dividing median. Body damage wasn’t bad considering but underneath was catastrophic. Frame damage, suspension and exhaust was trashed, transmission and engine damage, for a grand total of $35,000 damages.

I don’t think I’ll be getting another Camaro. With what’s available and the current wait if I did a build like before, might as well get a C8. Leaning toward doing a build with a C8 and just waiting potentially a year plus. Especially with the current availability and markups of anything new and a sports car right now. I’ve always wanted to find a “running project” with a C4 (particularly 89-90) and with prices still rock bottom in the $4-7k range for C4’s, this might be a good opportunity to buy one to keep me busy over the next year or so.

Really sorry for your luck, your loss, and hope you’re ok.

Your car was a real beauty, at least it worked as designed and safely delivered you across the median after impact. You walking away after being checked by fire and police on site is fortunate!
Old 06-24-2021, 05:56 AM   #18
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Wow, sorry to hear this! Hard to believe the amount of damage, but most importantly, you are ok. Unbelievable, didn't see or hear you, amazing....... some people just should not be driving.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:13 AM   #19
pzoom

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE SHOCK
Quote:
I’ve seen your car twice going the opposite direction. Beautiful ride. Once in the Lakeline area. You’re the only Shock Camaro owner I’ve seen in Austin. My car during better times.
I used to have a convertible 3rd gen. It was a head turner like your 6th. Hopefully you will reconsider and get another one. C8s are nice too but the markup is ridiculous.
pzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:12 AM   #20
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Glad you are ok, but i have to ask, how the hell did they not see that thing! It about glows in the dark ��

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:08 AM   #21
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
TX DOT strikes again with those useless medians
Old 06-24-2021, 10:21 AM   #22
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
How in the hell does someone not see you, im sorry man. Good luck with the next
Old 06-24-2021, 01:12 PM   #23
seethruya

Quote:
I used to have a convertible 3rd gen. It was a head turner like your 6th. Hopefully you will reconsider and get another one. C8s are nice too but the markup is ridiculous.
I have a dealer who will do a C8 build @ MSRP. Looking at a late spring 2022 delivery if I proceed. Doing another Camaro build doesn’t excite me in the same way as it did the first time around and there’s nothing available right now priced realistically.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:15 PM   #24
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
I have a dealer who will do a C8 build @ MSRP. Looking at a late spring 2022 delivery if I proceed. Doing another Camaro build doesn’t excite me in the same way as it did the first time around and there’s nothing available right now priced realistically.

So not quite a year from now. Not too bad. Do it

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:16 PM   #25
seethruya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Glad you are ok, but i have to ask, how the hell did they not see that thing! It about glows in the dark ��
Or hear!

https://www.instagram.com/p/COqhozYj...dium=copy_link

If I had to guess…

Old 06-24-2021, 01:35 PM   #26
seethruya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
TX DOT strikes again with those useless medians
All in the name of making our streets more woke…
Old 06-24-2021, 02:29 PM   #27
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I think it is all the California drivers moving here. I had a pickup pull out in front of me last week. I'm the only car on a 3 lane road, doing the speed limit, no one behind me and at the last minute he just pulls out into my lane from a side road like OP's situation. I slammed on the brakes and stopped no issue but

My car is SHOCK plus the DRLs - how can he not see me
I hear ya. I’m in Nashville and we have a ton of transplants from California. Scary!! Sometimes I feel like jumping in the Camaro and end up in the daily cause highway driving here is more than sporty. Down right ignorant the majority of the time. Lol. I came from Chicago and while it’s aggressive up there you can kind of anticipate what others are going to do. Down here... it’s anyone’s guess.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #28
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
I hear ya. I’m in Nashville and we have a ton of transplants from California. Scary!! Sometimes I feel like jumping in the Camaro and end up in the daily cause highway driving here is more than sporty. Down right ignorant the majority of the time. Lol. I came from Chicago and while it’s aggressive up there you can kind of anticipate what others are going to do. Down here... it’s anyone’s guess.

Those California drivers are spreading out all over the country!

Unless they're from northern or Tahoe area of California, wouldn't they find the winters in Nashville far too cold??

You'd think they would think TN is full of hillbillies.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote