Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #1
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
And just like that, my Camaro ownership may end before month 5.

Going straight at about 40-45mph and a lady turned left out of her apartments into me, didn’t see me coming. The impact caused me to do a 180 over the dividing curb. Body damage is not too bad considering but underneath my car is something else. All the oil, coolant leaked out. Part of the oil pan is gone, parts of the aftermarket exhaust and bracing is crushed into the suspension. Part of one rim that took the brunt is gone, 3 of 4 rims and tires are destroyed. Wondering if it’ll be totaled.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #2
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
Going straight at about 40-45mph and a lady turned left out of her apartments into me, didn’t see me coming. The impact caused me to do a 180 over the dividing curb. Body damage is not too bad considering but underneath my car is something else. All the oil, coolant leaked out. Part of the oil pan is gone, parts of the aftermarket exhaust and bracing is crushed into the suspension. Part of one rim that took the brunt is gone, 3 of 4 rims and tires are destroyed. Wondering if it’ll be totaled.

Sucks! I was going to say going over curbs can do a lot of damage to these cars, even minor incidents. My cousin who's a petite girl ran over a curb with her dads gen 5 because it's hard for her to see while driving it. Ended up doing about $900 in damage to the wheel area, mainly the rim.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:47 AM   #3
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
You mentioned part of the oil pan was gone is the engine ok and were any airbags deployed? Also cars can be replaced as long as you are good all that matters.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:52 AM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Maybe or maybe not a total from the description you posted. Sorry to hear but you will know more after an insurance adjuster looks at the car. Good luck!
Old 05-20-2021, 11:55 AM   #5
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
Hate to hear it, but hey if you’re still able to post about it means you’re okay, and in the end that’s what matters.
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:15 PM   #6
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Damnit!
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:22 PM   #7
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Wow that sucks! Sorry to hear. As already stated, you being ok is important, cars are just replaceable things. Good luck, glad you're ok!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:24 PM   #8
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
That is terrible and sucks to hear man, glad you are ok. As for the car, from the way you are describing the damage, I believe it is your best interest to have the car totaled. Way too many things happened under the car, and it most likely will never drive the way it once did. With values of these cars increasing at the moment, I would want it to be totaled. The value of that car will plummet if it is repaired and the market values begin to normalize.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:01 PM   #9
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
The car can be replaced, you can't. Glad you are ok
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #10
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Oh man... that totally sucks. At least you are ok. That's the main thing.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #11
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
That sucks at least your ok. The big thing if it is not totaled is the diminished value from the carfax when it is repaired. Good luck.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:55 PM   #12
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Ouch! Any photos?
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:12 PM   #13
prod

Drives: HHR
At that speed it could have been much worse. Sounds like you are more worried about the car's condition than your own, always a good sign.
Sounds like a large amount of damage, body, suspension, engine. A lesser car would be a writeoff, but considering the value in todays market (maybe more than you paid for it) the insurance company might want to go for the repair even if it takes $40k to do it.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:23 PM   #14
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
That sucks at least your ok. The big thing if it is not totaled is the diminished value from the carfax when it is repaired. Good luck.

True. I had two minor accidents and the dealer mentioned it when I traded my Coyote in. The second one was a harder hit and cost about a grand to repair. I tried getting a diminished value check from the persons insurance but the agent was a pr*ck and not worth paying a lawyer a few hundred bucks when the check wouldn't be much.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote