Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #519
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
CamaroJD, Alltoeasy,

You both seem to have run the TB long enough; would you contact us through e-mail or call? We'd like to help you.
I've had this idling behavior on my 2SS for the last 44k miles and I thought it was a feature.

If I startup the Camaro with cold engine, back it out of the garage and drive down the street before the idle drops, I can usually get a series of loud cracks and pops from the exhaust without any effort. When the Soler was 1st installed and the system was still relearning, the cracks and pops were mostly absent. Today, I can get the same behavior, except that I have less time to pull off the 5:20am morning fireworks to wake up the neighbors kids for school.

While the startup idle does sound a bit more throaty than before the install, its probably from the increased airflow.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:17 AM   #520
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Mack, L8Apex, Deputy, MightyMouse, et al. Please contact us by e-mail, we'll get you going with a custom TB for your cars if necessary.

The TB's you have, aim for maximum performance for your setups and sometimes we step over some ECM limits, and while they might be mild enough to bypass CEL triggers, they are still slightly noticeable under some specific driving conditions.

The configurations you have work for the vast majority of cars like yours, but there are so many variables that inevitably things will happen when playing with the limits. This is not new, and we expect cases like this. We know we are really close and that a slight reduction of airflow in certain areas (throttle %) will cure it.

We purposely do this (at a loss), for we know if we were to offer a 100% trouble-free, one-size-fits-all (conservative configuration), it would work for all cars with the disadvantage for most customers that wouldn't be getting optimum performance for their setups.

Anyway, we have the solution at absolutely no cost to you. Please, contact us by e-mail or phone and we'll get you custom TB that meets your car hardware and calibration.

Thanks,

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 08-19-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:27 AM   #521
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesvlog View Post
I am very interested in the 95mm TB. I plan on doing a Ported MSD intake manifold and ported heads down the line. Are the 95mm TB that you plan on modifying not ported any bigger? and just modified to allow the lower end to be more responsive? I would be interested in a modified TB that would increase the overall diameter and power in the top end range while still being very responsive in the low end. The car is a 2019 10 speed so the car will be in the higher RPM range most of the runs and that is where i would need the TB to be able to flow as much as possible yes the lower end is great with regards to response, but I want to maximize the air at WOT.
Thanks! Yes, they'll have close to an equivalent 100 mm WOT flow area at the throat of the bore (where it matters). The lower end will be reworked to be more responsive too as we have done with the 87's mm. We'll cover the whole power band from idle to WOT. It will need tuning.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #522
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

You guys/gals are right about the video. Thanks for your feedback, this is not the final version and we are going to use your suggestions to improve it, they are on point.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:42 PM   #523
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Curious to know how many of you sent Mike a T Mamo TB to be redone?
And what were your results?
Old 09-03-2019, 04:48 PM   #524
Undxrtaker

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Any closer to that new 95MM? Also does a 95MM fit a pray ported IM? Or do I have to go MSD?
Undxrtaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #525
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
https://www.instagram.com/p/B19rRR_nzEw/ They posted a picture of there ported 95mm on there instagram.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #526
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
I haven't checked on this tread for awhile, maybe I should have, but are a lot of people experiencing that "surge" feeling in second gear. I actually have that pretty bad as well. I just can't seem to get the car to want to smoothly go from first to third gear if I'm just trying to drive casual. There are no issues if I smack the pedal to the floor, but there is some jumpiness/hesitation on anything but full go. I've had this thing on now for around 2.5K miles.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #527
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Do you have M6 or A8?????
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #528
thrashergrant

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
I haven't checked on this tread for awhile, maybe I should have, but are a lot of people experiencing that "surge" feeling in second gear. I actually have that pretty bad as well. I just can't seem to get the car to want to smoothly go from first to third gear if I'm just trying to drive casual. There are no issues if I smack the pedal to the floor, but there is some jumpiness/hesitation on anything but full go. I've had this thing on now for around 2.5K miles.
Same here. I have the EXACT feeling with my ss. If I am in gear, just driving casually, cruising at a constant speed with very little throttle input, the car surges very slightly, but noticeably. I have it through all the gears, all speeds, just seems dependent on throttle input.

I'd appreciate some insight from users as well on if this TB is a good solution for my issue.
thrashergrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #529
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Doug, Thrasher,

You have a 1-year warranty, even if you bought a used part. Could you please e-mail or call? We'd like to help you.

Thanks,
Old 09-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #530
thrashergrant

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Doug, Thrasher,

You have a 1-year warranty, even if you bought a used part. Could you please e-mail or call? We'd like to help you.

Thanks,

Hi Mike!

I have not yet purchased the TB, rather looking for insight from others to see if your product solved the surging issue I am experiencing on my stock set up.

I have read very positive reviews and have no doubts you produce a quality piece. I will be purchasing soon!
thrashergrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:09 AM   #531
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashergrant View Post
Same here. I have the EXACT feeling with my ss. If I am in gear, just driving casually, cruising at a constant speed with very little throttle input, the car surges very slightly, but noticeably. I have it through all the gears, all speeds, just seems dependent on throttle input.

I'd appreciate some insight from users as well on if this TB is a good solution for my issue.
Yes! I have the same exact condition. It drives me crazy. I was planning on buying the Soler TB to see if it solves the issue. I drive a lot in traffic where I can't just accelerate a bit quicker to avoid the surging, and it's really hard to avoid that 1500-2500 range where the surging occurs. My car is an M6, 100% stock.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #532
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Trasher, Rayhawk, thanks for thinking of our TB's. If you have surging issues, adding a modified/ported TB can make things worse. In fact, any mod that adds airflow will likely worsen the condition. You are right in that sweeping quicker through that spot might make it last shorter, but it will be there unless you find the real cause.

You are very welcome to try it if that is what you prefer, as I'm sure there are many other benefits you will enjoy.

Just wanted to alert you this is not the point of the mod.

Thanks,