Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-20-2023, 11:27 AM   #141
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Actually, looking at the overall diagram makes me feel more confident regarding the brown wire purpose from the gauge.
Attached Images

CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:42 AM   #142
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I haven't done this yet, but the way I'm interpreting everything, that's how I would do it, too. I have an AEM, too, so I'll be following along.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:55 AM   #143
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
My best guess on the AEM wideband, the white and brown wires from the gauge can be wired to the two leads on the reflex. I'd like to get someone to chime in that knows more... but best guess based on the documentation from Motiv, AEM, and the THPSI page:

- the AEM brown negative would go to the reflex black wire
- the AEM white positive would go to the reflex dark green wire
They are the correct connections. Set your "Lambda Sensor Voltage - X axis from 0.5 to 4.5 volts and then interpolate X that table. Next set your "Lambda Sensor Scaling" from 0.58 to 1.23 Lambda and also interpolate X that table. Save and upload Key ON engine OFF and then start the engine to verify "Actual Lambda" value in ReFlex with your gauge display.

If they agree you're ready to turn on closed loop on and start tuning!

Mike

www.toohighpsi.com

2015 Corvette Z06 M7
2021 Porsche GT4 M6
2023 Corvette Z51
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 07:15 AM   #144
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
They are the correct connections. Set your "Lambda Sensor Voltage - X axis from 0.5 to 4.5 volts and then interpolate X that table. Next set your "Lambda Sensor Scaling" from 0.58 to 1.23 Lambda and also interpolate X that table. Save and upload Key ON engine OFF and then start the engine to verify "Actual Lambda" value in ReFlex with your gauge display.

If they agree you're ready to turn on closed loop on and start tuning!

Mike
What he said.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:24 AM   #145
radz28
Petro-sexual

EXCELLENT!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-27-2023, 09:45 AM   #146
cjperformance

More progress over the weekend.

I didn't realize it at the time, but the diagrams I posted earlier for the AEM wiring were for the non-OBDII variety of the AEM wideband. I have the 10-0334with the OBDII connector. It looks like it has the capability to output the 0-5v signal that the Reflex needs, but the connector isn't populated with those terminals. So it looks like I need to order some SPUD-001T-P0.5 connector terminals and some 22-26 AWG wire. Then I'll have to populate those terminals into the connector myself.

I only have a pass side wideband currently. Long term, I'll probably get a second wideband for the driver side. I'm thinking about going with the gaugeless setup since I don't have room for (or desire for) two gauges. I feel like monitoring both banks is more critical with this port injection system.

For now, adding in the new terminals to my existing setup is the easier path to get the WOT lambda functionality.

Other than the above mentioned O2 sensor issues, the physical installation is done. I ended up putting the reflex in front and to the side of the fuse box where other have put it. I spent a very long time messing around with different mounting options. In the end, given the constraints of wire length and other things, that location just made the most sense. I used some 3/16" thick double-sided foam tape on the top of the reflex to stick it to the underside of the frame as shown in the image. The foam tape should help pad it against vibration and keep it from migrating around over time. I added some zip ties as a secondary measure to keep it in place in case the foam weakens with time (and heat).

There is a lot more coiling and zip-tieing of excess wire than I like. Some of it would have been easy to remedy like the overly-long ground wires with simple ring connectors. Others, like the harness that goes to the injectors would be a lot more complex to cut to custom lengths. It's something I can come back to later and make improvements if it bugs me enough, but I think it looks decent right now.

I haven't done ANYTHING with the tune yet on the ECU or the Reflex, but I fired it up and let it idle for a couple minutes while I checked for fuel leaks. No fuel leaks and everything looks good!

Hoping I can get the terminals installed on the wideband, connect the wideband up to the Reflex, and start doing some tuning next weekend.
Attached Images

10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
Old 03-27-2023, 02:00 PM   #147
cjperformance

I looked for the SPUD-001T-P0.5 connectors... and you either have to get them in a batch of 1000, or pay the 10 cents a piece and pay a TON of "handling" (between $50-150).

BUT.... there was a happy solution. I was very confused because I CLEARLY recalled seeing brown and white wires on the gauge harness when I installed it, but for some reason they aren't there now.... what the heck right?

Turns out, the connector with the brown and white wires was on the AEM BOOST GAUGE I had previously installed and then replaced with the Banks. So it looks like I'll be able to steal the two wires/terminals out of the boost gauge harness and insert them into the wideband harness w/o having to order anything.

My fallback plan was to see if I could just order a replacement harness based on this page, and then swap the terminals: https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...lacement-parts
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
Old 03-27-2023, 03:26 PM   #148
laynlo15

Looking good, your doing a great job and it nice to see a ProCharged setup like yours. Good pics and explanations. You will love it once you get it dialed in.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
Old 04-02-2023, 12:26 PM   #149
cjperformance

Everything is done. Added in the terminals to the AEM wideband, fixed up the tunes according to the info provided between this thread, THPSI's videos, and Radz28s thread.

I ended up going the route of removing PE and adding back to MAF, and adding to the EQ Torque table as Mike described.

If anyone knows the proper way to save a log in Tuner Pro let me know, because I thought I exported a log, but now I can't find one. So no eye candy to show anyone, and nothing to analyze from my run any more.

Before I closed the log though, I did look at the log, and things looked pretty well on track. The Reflex was correcting for fueling a little bit (couple percent) which is great. Verifies that is working. I'll need to grab another log though before I can make any actual adjustments.

Was worried about the torque model adjustments, but trans seems to be shifting okay, still chirping the tires a little... overall, I think I just need to practice dialing in the fueling based on reflex logs.

Once I'm comfortable with that, then I can try some full E, check things out again, then probably put that 3.7" pulley on with EXTRA peace of mind that the reflex and lambda feedback will help me keep from blowing things up on the first couple of pulls.
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
Old 04-02-2023, 05:01 PM   #150
JP374

Drives: 21 Lt1
Quote:
Everything is done. Added in the terminals to the AEM wideband, fixed up the tunes according to the info provided between this thread, THPSI's videos, and Radz28s thread.

I ended up going the route of removing PE and adding back to MAF, and adding to the EQ Torque table as Mike described.

If anyone knows the proper way to save a log in Tuner Pro let me know, because I thought I exported a log, but now I can't find one. So no eye candy to show anyone, and nothing to analyze from my run any more.

Before I closed the log though, I did look at the log, and things looked pretty well on track. The Reflex was correcting for fueling a little bit (couple percent) which is great. Verifies that is working. I'll need to grab another log though before I can make any actual adjustments.

Was worried about the torque model adjustments, but trans seems to be shifting okay, still chirping the tires a little... overall, I think I just need to practice dialing in the fueling based on reflex logs.

Once I'm comfortable with that, then I can try some full E, check things out again, then probably put that 3.7" pulley on with EXTRA peace of mind that the reflex and lambda feedback will help me keep from blowing things up on the first couple of pulls.

Glad to hear it. Can’t wait to see final results. I really want to do the THPSI kit but my P1X is pretty much at its limits now. So I’ll need to upgrade that as well.

Good luck with your build. Can’t wait to hear more.
21 Camaro LT1 Fully forged, Katech ported stock heads, P1X,3.7 upper and ATI w/ 8.25 lower, Stage 2 intercooler, Race B.O.V, Btr stage 2 blower cam, Btr Trinity intake, 103mm TB, F.I.C +30’s, Fore innovations, LPE big bore pump, Weld Lagunas Drag Pack. Circle D TC. Full Bmr upgrades, Keltrac rear shocks.
JP374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:50 PM   #151
laynlo15

Email Mike and he'll let you know how to do that.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:11 AM   #152
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
After the logger is running, you then need to push the "round red record button" to start recording - can't tell you how many times I've forgot to do this. Once you're finished push the "square stop" button and you'll be prompted to save the log file.

The logger will record all channels so unlike HP tuners you don't need to worry about what is shown on the screen - all channels will be saved.

www.toohighpsi.com

2015 Corvette Z06 M7
2021 Porsche GT4 M6
2023 Corvette Z51
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:51 AM   #153
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:

AWESOME NEWS!!!

I had an opportunity to run the signal wire from the cabin over to the REFLEX controller this weekend, but didn't connect it otherwise because of other OCD things, lol. That's great to see it working and doing it's thing.

I MIGHT be coming close to a conclusion soon. I've had to polish some stuff in my E92 tune that I hadn't noticed before that I think has been, influencing the REFLEX, but believe I'm on track now. I've also noticed that in messing with my E92-side that the "good" control over the low-side has diminished a little from earlier tunes. I'm pretty sure that was because I changed the "positive" adjustments for the DSX, trying to find what I wanted for the E92-MAF, and I just need to put that back. Anyways - it's encouraging I think, and MIGHT still be an alternative, for anyone that it matters enough to try. Mike's way is already proven though, so knowing that is relieving.

It seems to me, that if it at least feels like it's shifting as good, or better, than before, it seems like you might be heading in the right direction. I added TQ for my E85 tables to be "safe", but I'm already commanding enough pressure it probably doesn't matter anyways. I DO know that those tables DO influence the transmission control though. It is definitely noticeable.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 04-03-2023, 05:18 PM   #154
cjperformance

Not sure what is going on here. Only thing I changed was the Lambda-KP from a value of 2.2 on my first run where I had no log, down to 1.5.

It's like the injectors aren't firing or something, but there were no errors...

Actually it's like I'm pumping in negative fuel ... lambda way off...

Since the only thing I changed was that one value, which I thought was safe... the only other thing I can think of is the box needs to be rebooted or something. I had trouble connecting to it after I uploaded the newest bin file, but eventually got logging going.

????
Attached Images

10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley