Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #1
Lex2021

Drives: 2021 SS
Used 6th gen Camaro buyers guide?

Guys Ive searched but cannot find a buyers guide for 6th gens on this forum. Anything in particular I need to look for when inspecting an SS 1le?

Like signs someone had a blower or turbo in it etc.? Would that information be logged on the ECU?

If its been written, point me to it please.

Thx
Lex2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #2
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
See my post at the top of this page and there is more good info throughout all pages of the thread. Used SS 1LEs priced well tended to sell within hours of being posted before pictures were even uploaded back when I was shopping a few years ago...when you find a good one, put down a deposit ASAP that is refundable if the car doesn't pass inspection. CYA with a Chevy dealership inspection to confirm warranty and no past mods/tunes which would void it before you buy.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...0#post10834500
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #3
Lex2021

Thanks my brother. Had never heard of the Lemon Squad.

Have always purchased used cars from private seller, never from a dealer but the 100k mile warranty might make it worth the extra cost, when purchased form Chevy dealer.

and this is good info too:

-Magnetic shocks. Sometimes they go bad. This can manifest as a clunking noise or leaking from the shock. Not too hard to fix.
-Noise from loose front sway bar nuts. Can be remedied with updated nuts that include washers and torquing to correct spec.
-Infotainment issues. Sometimes the MyLink will start acting weird. Freezing, not responding to commands, etc. I've found a battery disconnect for a few minutes remedies this.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:25 PM   #4
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Do you plan on doing mods? If so one with mods would be alot cheaper than one with out and then purchasing mods.

I would suspect a stock 1le would be railed on as much as a modded one. Tracking it and all.

One thing of note is if it has stock rims low miles and new tires. A sign that old ones were toasted and roasted....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #5
Lex2021

YA some mods I would love to have been "pre-paid" for but I wouldnt risk a previously boosted car. Can any of the aftermarket software detect that or dealer?
Lex2021 is offline   Reply With Quote