Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-03-2021, 10:26 AM   #99
OB0001
2018 SS A8 11.85@117.06

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS A8 "Dark Knight"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
It's not that easy. It was much easier going in through the top. I couldn't figure it out on the SS 1le I had, something about the splitter was making me think twice about trying to find the last couple of bolts. SOOO, i just played some tetris.

It is easy, I did it by my self in the garage.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:47 AM   #100
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I feel going in through the top is easier than removing the front bumper as well. Less involved, don't have to lie on the ground, less bolts, etc...
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:18 PM   #101
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
got to use mine at the track on friday seems to help pretty well! dont have anyway to track/log aits so cant really help on that side also scooped up a good amount of bugs and other insects haha
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2021, 08:08 PM   #102
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
My Velossa finally came in...i decided to get mines in gold. it took like 2 weeks to get it but I am happy with the product. It pretty cool this was 3D printed. Now I need to find out if this really works.

Video on how to install it..if interested. I went in from the top as well like a few mentioned
https://youtu.be/woM1ZeLad90
Attached Images

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Blackmonba6Gen; 04-05-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:30 AM   #103
xqwisit23

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Vert
Could one be able to attach some mesh fabric/screen to the scoop or affix it to the back side of the grill to keep the bugs and such out?
xqwisit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:17 AM   #104
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
if you really wanted to, just open up the airbox and glue it to the intake port of the bottom air box. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, thats what the air filter is for.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:50 PM   #105
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqwisit23 View Post
Could one be able to attach some mesh fabric/screen to the scoop or affix it to the back side of the grill to keep the bugs and such out?
Yes you can add a mesh screen on it. My friend made one for his car.

But like Jaxcam said you can also do it from the bottom of the air box.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:04 PM   #106
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
If you put a screen in it will be too much of a restriction to see any benefit IMO.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:30 PM   #107
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqwisit23 View Post
Mine has been installed for about a year and I drive the car when the whether is good. The air filter hasn’t shown any visual abnormal indications that a screen has been needed.

As others have said, sure you can add the screen.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:12 PM   #108
MarksCamaro

Drives: 2019 Chev Camaro 2SS
Great addition, but remove bumper!

I think this is a great mod if anyone is chasing any sort of performance improvement. Even just removing the plastic radiator shroud opens a big pathway for cooler air to get to the intake but the Velossa forces it.
I highly recommend removing the front bumper as it didn't take that long and it ensures that you can align the big mouth, tighten it properly and also remove the SS badge (if that's what you have).
Attached Images

MarksCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:51 PM   #109
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksCamaro View Post
I think this is a great mod if anyone is chasing any sort of performance improvement. Even just removing the plastic radiator shroud opens a big pathway for cooler air to get to the intake but the Velossa forces it.
I highly recommend removing the front bumper as it didn't take that long and it ensures that you can align the big mouth, tighten it properly and also remove the SS badge (if that's what you have).
You’re right, just by removing that plastic shroud, does indeed open up a lot of air. I removed it last Wednesday, same day I installed the GM cold air intake. Man, was I surprised on how well the car responds to this mod.

The new intake and that free up pathway, really does help this engine breathe. I’m still missing that GM tune for the air intake. Getting it done Wednesday, same day I’m installing the Velossa.

Not removing my bumper though, no need for too much work. Will be installing from above, not too difficult, already tried it when I removed the plastic shroud.
Old 08-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #110
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Cool

Got the Velossa in last Sunday. Only had a few miles to run the car with the GM intake and the Velossa without the GM tune.

There wasn’t much SOP feel, since the removed shroud was already providing more air in. However the car was pulling harder through the RPM’s in every gear, it didn’t feel like it was bogging down as compared to stock. I notice a dead zone while shifting into first, it’s like the car required more gas. However, acceleration was brute at times, in all gears, especially in 1st gear.

After the GM tune, the car’s throttle response was more like stock, it didn’t behave like before. It was more refined, however it accelerated quicker and pulled harder on all gears, no dead zone in throttle when going into 1st, so far so good. I’m happy with the intake, the Velossa, and the tune.
Old 08-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #111
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Got the Velossa in last Sunday. Only had a few miles to run the car with the GM intake and the Velossa without the GM tune.

There wasn’t much SOP feel, since the removed shroud was already providing more air in. However the car was pulling harder through the RPM’s in every gear, it didn’t feel like it was bogging down as compared to stock. I notice a dead zone while shifting into first, it’s like the car required more gas. However, acceleration was brute at times, in all gears, especially in 1st gear.

After the GM tune, the car’s throttle response was more like stock, it didn’t behave like before. It was more refined, however it accelerated quicker and pulled harder on all gears, no dead zone in throttle when going into 1st, so far so good. I’m happy with the intake, the Velossa, and the tune.
Nice job and good feedback for others.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 12-31-2021, 05:59 PM   #112
Trochoidal

Looks like Pray is now a dealer for these.
Attached Images