Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
Vikrum2083

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Help Identifying Potential Issue

2018 2SS Automatic - 3200 miles.

I work from home so my car does sometimes go 1-3 days without driving. I went to get into it 2 days ago and immediately something felt weird. Sluggish would be the best word to describe it. The throttle response (even in track mode) was quite delayed. Generally I'd feel g's giving it a decent bit of throttle but on this day I'd have to almost floor it to really feel it kick in. Even then it was delayed a little bit.

Hoping it was some random fluke I take it out the next morning and "phew" we're all good. Really felt the g's no matter what level of throttle I gave it. "Goosing" it in track mode would get a response immediately felt.

Fast forward to last night. I take it out and it feels great. About 20 minutes into my trip the same issue returned and did it for the next 45 minutes until I got back home.

I'm thinking possibly bad gas. Condensation in the tank.

I know this is very hard to interpret what I'm saying the problem is but does this ring any bells to anyone? Anyone dealt with similar symptoms? I'm very worried about my new car and Google is yielding absolutely nothing.

Any insight or help is greatly appreciated.
Vikrum2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
Does it happen when the car is first starting to warm up? Also does it happen when you first start rolling that it feels sluggish up until you get to about 45 mph?
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:22 AM   #3
Vikrum2083

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLT View Post
Does it happen when the car is first starting to warm up? Also does it happen when you first start rolling that it feels sluggish up until you get to about 45 mph?
Negative.

Last night's case was I had been driving it pretty hard for about 20 minutes and it felt great. Then out of no where it just starting acting sluggish and the response seemed to just disappear.

When this issue is happening it doesn't matter the speed. It's happened from 30ish mph well into the 80s.
Vikrum2083 is offline   Reply With Quote