Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Shudder TSB

Im starting to have slight shuddering. I called my local gm service dealer and explained it to a T to them. I didn't want to say "I have the a8 shudder", just so they didn't think I was trying to get a pre emptive flush. Guy acted like he didn't know anything about it, asked if I checked tire balance.

Anyway i'm gonna say I researched it and give them the tsb when I take her in. Anyone have the tsb number for the new Mobil fluid flush?
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I believe it's in the Ask Al section.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527133
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:13 PM   #3
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
18-NA-355
Is the TSB. Just tell them that.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:18 PM   #4
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
Im starting to have slight shuddering. I called my local gm service dealer and explained it to a T to them. I didn't want to say "I have the a8 shudder", just so they didn't think I was trying to get a pre emptive flush. Guy acted like he didn't know anything about it, asked if I checked tire balance.

Anyway i'm gonna say I researched it and give them the tsb when I take her in. Anyone have the tsb number for the new Mobil fluid flush?
Can't argue a TSB. I would take them a copy. Just make sure they have the NEW KIT before going in.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 PM   #5
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Tell them the A8 shutter, no worries what they think, they have a test for it. It's pretty well known, the guys at the dealer I went to knew immediately.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #6
RyanR623

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm not entirely comfortable with this dealer if he isn't aware of the problem.

Also, I think I may have to wait for it to get worse. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all (20 minute highway drive), sometimes it does it frequently. Bizarre. Also, Anyone know why it only happens after it is good and warmed up?! That's the one thing in researching this problem that I haven't found an answer for.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #7
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
Thanks guys! Yeah I'm not entirely comfortable with this dealer if he isn't aware of the problem.

Also, I think I may have to wait for it to get worse. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all (20 minute highway drive), sometimes it does it frequently. Bizarre. Also, Anyone know why it only happens after it is good and warmed up?! That's the one thing in researching this problem that I haven't found an answer for.
I think that is common. Something or another has to reach a certain temperature before it starts.

My dealership couldn't reproduce the issue so I went in to take them for a ride and had to drive a good 15 minutes before I could get it to happen but after it was at that point, I could reproduce it at will.
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
18-NA-355
Is the TSB. Just tell them that.
I tried that last July at my dealer. I had a copy of the TSB. The service writer didn't want to see it or write anything down about it. She just looked at me like "don't tell me my job". They had my car for 3 days then called me to say it's all done. When I arrived to pick it up, the same service writer said "nothing could be found wrong with my cruise control". WTF? Who said anything about a cruise control? I asked to speak to the service manager. Finally the manager agreed to look at the printed TSB then the service writer told her manager that "I never told her about any TSB". As I was about to open a can of whoop ass on her, that little voice reminded me that I can catch more flies with honey. I was sugary sweet to her and the manager. They gave me a loaner car for the week at no charge while they addressed the TSB. 7 monthls later, I've had no problems.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #9
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post
I tried that last July at my dealer. I had a copy of the TSB. The service writer didn't want to see it or write anything down about it. She just looked at me like "don't tell me my job". They had my car for 3 days then called me to say it's all done. When I arrived to pick it up, the same service writer said "nothing could be found wrong with my cruise control". WTF? Who said anything about a cruise control? I asked to speak to the service manager. Finally the manager agreed to look at the printed TSB then the service writer told her manager that "I never told her about any TSB". As I was about to open a can of whoop ass on her, that little voice reminded me that I can catch more flies with honey. I was sugary sweet to her and the manager. They gave me a loaner car for the week at no charge while they addressed the TSB. 7 monthls later, I've had no problems.
Dang man sorry that happened. Sometimes you gotta go straight to the service manager. Some advisors are asssholes, even where I’m at, there’s only 1 or 2 guys I talk to and that’s it. The others are either dumb as hell or don’t care enough to help you.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #10
RyanR623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post
See this is why I might go to a different dealership. I even used the words "shudder" and "Torque converter slipping", as well as 30-70mph, slight throttle etc etc. He asked if I had my tires balanced, I told him twice. Still he acted like he didn't know anything about it. He then asked where I bought it from, why does that matter?

There is a buick/GMC dealer close to me as well (not chevy). I wonder if the sierra A8 shudder problems are as widespread as the Camaro's. Seems to be a lot of threads about it on forums.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:34 AM   #11
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
It did not work for me, I’ve had two converters installed and finally the new flush last month. The sudder is still there and worse then it’s ever been. There is no fix.
Turkish01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #12
RyanR623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish01 View Post
It did not work for me, I’ve had two converters installed and finally the new flush last month. The sudder is still there and worse then it’s ever been. There is no fix.
You need to claim a lemon then. Each of those should've gotten rid of the shudder at least for 5-10k miles or so.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #13
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish01 View Post
Makes me wonder if you’re dealership is doing the procedure correctly. I’m no auto technician though.
I’d try another dealership.
I got mine done and my shudder is gone.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #14
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Makes me wonder if you’re dealership is doing the procedure correctly. I’m no auto technician though.
I’d try another dealership.
I got mine done and my shudder is gone.
First converter was at 7000 miles, worked until 23,000 miles. At that point they put another converter in, worked until 32000 miles and thats when I had the new flush done in Jan of 2019. It did nothing for me.
Turkish01 is online now   Reply With Quote