Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #29
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
went for an oil change and the service manager told me about it. says that its a 9 hour job so she ordered whatever parts and said theyll supply me with a loaner. Ugh i dont want the dealer touching my car for that long, makes me cringe since most of these mechanics suck
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #30
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
I looked up my vin and found I need the recall. So I looked up my vin and recall on GM Service Information and there is no listed recall or information on this issue. Expect it to be on there next week though. The dealership doesn't have a remedy for this issue yet because it hasn't even been uploaded to GM SI. I'm assuming some engine may or may not have the bolts properly torqued to their spec so they issued this. Assuming the fix is to drop the pan and check the torque of the bolts. But depending on how they explain their cause, concern or complaint will determine if I take the vehicle to the dealership for this issue.
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #31
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Paint, seats, rear-end, and now engine. Hopefully GM will have their stuff together soon. Sorry for everyone that ordered early.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #32
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Mine has the recall as well. 117192
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #33
Daves1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Tim, can you elaborate on why the official GM repair procedure is so worrisome?
My VIN too is affected and the status says INCOMPLETE. I haven't called my dealer yet though.

Previous:
'12 Mustang GT 6MT (12.47 @ 115.88)
'09 G8 GT (11.86 @ 120.47)
'05 GTO 6MT (slow, lol)
'01 Grand Prix GTP converted to turbo, high 11's
Daves1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #34
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 1ss View Post
I looked up my vin and found I need the recall. So I looked up my vin and recall on GM Service Information and there is no listed recall or information on this issue. Expect it to be on there next week though. The dealership doesn't have a remedy for this issue yet because it hasn't even been uploaded to GM SI. I'm assuming some engine may or may not have the bolts properly torqued to their spec so they issued this. Assuming the fix is to drop the pan and check the torque of the bolts. But depending on how they explain their cause, concern or complaint will determine if I take the vehicle to the dealership for this issue.
Thanks for the additional information, hopefully it's nothing serious and just a torque check. We shall see.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #35
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Thanks for the additional information, hopefully it's nothing serious and just a torque check. We shall see.
It's not the torque check that bothers me, it's the unskilled tech I don't trust. When I worked at my last job at a Chevy dealership there were maybe 3 people at best I'd trust to work on my car. Everyone else I wouldn't even let them do the oil if I had to. Since this would be decent sized ticket with 9 hours or so warranty pay I know there's going to be a lot of parts on the car being removed and reinstalled. So I don't want someone who isn't good at their job touching my car. I do everything to my car because I know it's done right. If it comes down to doing it I'll just go to my old job and request for said tech to do it only. And I'd be willing to bet 99% of these cars will be fine once you remove the pan to check the 2 bolts holding the pick up in.

I'd be worried about repeat oil leaks or issues from everything being taken apart more than the recall itself. Because that means a repeat trip back to fix a bad reseal of the engine or what not. I just try to avoid the dealership scene in general having seen how it truly works.
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #36
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Mine is flagged as well
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:33 PM   #37
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves1SS View Post
Tim, can you elaborate on why the official GM repair procedure is so worrisome?
My VIN too is affected and the status says INCOMPLETE. I haven't called my dealer yet though.
It will say Incomplete until you take your car in and have it fixed.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #38
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
I found this in another thread. Same thing?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...3&d=1455463848
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #39
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 1ss View Post
It's not the torque check that bothers me, it's the unskilled tech I don't trust. When I worked at my last job at a Chevy dealership there were maybe 3 people at best I'd trust to work on my car. Everyone else I wouldn't even let them do the oil if I had to. Since this would be decent sized ticket with 9 hours or so warranty pay I know there's going to be a lot of parts on the car being removed and reinstalled. So I don't want someone who isn't good at their job touching my car. I do everything to my car because I know it's done right. If it comes down to doing it I'll just go to my old job and request for said tech to do it only. And I'd be willing to bet 99% of these cars will be fine once you remove the pan to check the 2 bolts holding the pick up in.

I'd be worried about repeat oil leaks or issues from everything being taken apart more than the recall itself. Because that means a repeat trip back to fix a bad reseal of the engine or what not. I just try to avoid the dealership scene in general having seen how it truly works.
Oh I definitely get that. I have a small hairline scratch in one of my headlights, no idea how that can happen (it was there before I drove it off the lot), but it's not that noticeable. I contacted the dealership and really the only thing I would accept is a headlight replacement or nothing. It probably could be concealed, but I don't want anyone to do it for fear they'd make it worse or remove all the UV protectant making matters worse down the road. Same goes for a tiny paint defect That's less than the size of a pencil eraser. I really can't trust anyone either. So cosmetic stuff I'd rather handle myself or leave it. Unfortunately I'm not mechanically inclined with vehicles, so I hope my local dealership is decent.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #40
scrap4u

Drives: 2016 2SS
Mine is recalled as well. Very irritating. Luckily my dealer is pretty good to work with but I still don't like having to leave her with them. Someone said on fb it will take 3 days to fix. That seems excessive to me!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:19 PM   #41
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The formal procedure involves remove ALOT (I repeat... ALOT) of stuff including the subframe. It's not that there is anything difficult but the issue comes in when you have techs that could give a crap about putting it all back together 100% correctly including using new bolts where called for and torquing everything correctly.

If they are really calling for 9 hours for this job dealers will take the long road. It seems to me that the pan can be removed without taking much off at all if you are careful.

Tim
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #42
Medic701

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Im tagged waiting for a call back
Medic701 is offline   Reply With Quote