Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 02-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #1
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Windsheild washer reservoir bottle

I have noticed that the bottle never stays full after I fill it up. I rarely use the fluid but even when I don't, I fill up the reservoir and the next day what I put in is gone. I haven't noticed a leak under the car. Does it "slosh" out from the cap? I can't say I noticed any wetness around the cap but with the engine heat it would evaporate rather quickly.

Anyone else notice this?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Haven't got my shop manual yet but could be a slow leak in the washer pump or the rubber grommet the pump mounts into in the reservoir.
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
Michael's 50th

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 50th
Now that you have brought this issue with the windshield washer fluid up, I have noticed the same thing. No drips ever anywhere but can't keep it full.
Michael's 50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:34 PM   #4
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
I have the same thing and my pump quit working. Guess it will go back to the dealer for the millionth time��
Old 02-07-2018, 07:32 AM   #5
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
I have the same thing and my pump quit working. Guess it will go back to the dealer for the millionth time��
Friend had a similar issue with a Lexus and the dealer told him not to use the orange fluid and to only use the regular blue/purple fluid. So just wondering what fluid you are using.
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetalmissle View Post
Friend had a similar issue with a Lexus and the dealer told him not to use the orange fluid and to only use the regular blue/purple fluid. So just wondering what fluid you are using.
Not sure about other people, but i've been using rain-x (orange) for over 2 years. no issues at all.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:32 AM   #7
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
Not sure about other people, but i've been using rain-x (orange) for over 2 years. no issues at all.
His car was at least 3 years old before it had any problems. If you google orange washer fluid you will find others warning not to use it. Maybe it’s fine for our cars but if you are having issues it’s something to consider.
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
I've been using that in man of my cars for almost 20 years. I haven't had or heard of any issues. Very strange.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #9
Michael's 50th

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 50th
So just an update here with the windshield washer reservoir. Took the car to the dealership today and just as I thought no leaks anywhere as expected. They did say however that the reservoir is a two piece unit connected by a compression fitting. I never would have guessed that. So my thought is that it is just evaporating over time or it's a really slow leak at the compression fitting.
Michael's 50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:07 PM   #10
DirectTo

Drives: Sold!
I had some contaminant get in mine this last weekend and had to open up the fender liner to get to the pump to drain the tank...it sure is wedged in there.
DirectTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #11
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
just noticed a puddle of wiper fluid coming from bottom of passenger’s front wheel well (closet to passenger). Still under warranty so no biggie but wondering if anyone has had this happen. Cracked bottle or pump? Cannot observe any abnormality inspecting from top side near firewall. Nothing wet at all. Just collecting puddle near rear passenger front wheel well. Hmm??? Thoughts?