Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #1
ccie6746

Drives: 2017 Summit White Coupe
New Electric Power Assist Steering Recall

Was asked to bring my 17 Camaro in for about 90 mins, picked it up yesterday after 4 hours and they said the remedy is not yet ready and will have to call me back again when it is. Anyone else recalled for this or heard any further ? Was only told that the Electric Power Assist on Steering could fail while driving, my kids often drive the Camaro, mostly in fact, want to know if anyone else is seeing this issue before allowing them to drive it while waiting on dealership.

Thanks
dave
Old 03-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
More info on this issue can be found on this thread:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=547877&page=2

I was made aware of this recall a week after I bought my leftover 2017 and brought my car back to the dealership.

I have an open case with GM Customer Engagement Center and they still do not have a remedy. They contact me a couple of times during the week with the same status (no updates). Yes...it's frustrating!
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:26 AM   #3
Yellow BB

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
Power Steering Failed

We received a recall notice a few weeks ago, but there was no fix yet. Last week, my wife was coming home & the dash lit up with a message that said “Power Steering Failure” & she said she could hardly turn the wheel. If you stop & shut the car off & restart it, the power steering comes back. I took it into the dealer the next day & they said they had to order a new rack due to bad sensors. I brought the car back to the dealer on the designated day & called the next day for an update. Apparently they were sent the wrong part! Now I wait to hear exactly what is wrong & when they will have a fix. I’m giving Chevrolet the benefit of the doubt, but something about this whole recall seems fishy...
Yellow BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #4
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow BB View Post
We received a recall notice a few weeks ago, but there was no fix yet. Last week, my wife was coming home & the dash lit up with a message that said “Power Steering Failure” & she said she could hardly turn the wheel. If you stop & shut the car off & restart it, the power steering comes back. I took it into the dealer the next day & they said they had to order a new rack due to bad sensors. I brought the car back to the dealer on the designated day & called the next day for an update. Apparently they were sent the wrong part! Now I wait to hear exactly what is wrong & when they will have a fix. I’m giving Chevrolet the benefit of the doubt, but something about this whole recall seems fishy...
I agree...something does appear to be fishy. If you read thru the documents that GM filed with NHTSA, they were supposed to send recall letters to owners by end-of-March (haven't received mine yet).

Additionally, they state in their documentation the root cause but still can't commit to parts availability?

BTW, have you checked your VIN on NHTSA's website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls ?
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote