Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2019, 10:53 PM   #57
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Just got mine back today. New revised torque converter, along with new fluid and flush procedure. Honestly it feels better than the day I bought it. No shudder at all, but even more interesting is that the trans behaves a little differently. Hard to describe, but it just feels better and more correct like a normal trans should IMO. Hopefully this completely fixes it. Anyone know what is different about this revised torque converter? Service advisor couldn't really tell me
How did you convince them to chance your TC?
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:20 PM   #58
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
How did you convince them to chance your TC?
I didn't. They told me the technician said it needed replacing along with the new service bulliten. I was surprised as well, since GM specifically stated to not change the TC with the new bulliten. I don't get it...but I'll gladly take it lol
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #59
ggaites

Drives: 2021 ZL1 6MT
What an ordeal but worth it

I loved my 2017 SS, and I thought the transmission was great. It would sometimes jerk when coming to a stop, and it had a lazy engagement of 4th to 5th, but totally acceptable behavior and the car was an absolute blast. The shudder occurred in a place I never drive in and I only began to notice while driving my wife using cruise control and making her comfortable (11-1500rpm slight load @50mph).

But Chevy approved the buy back (which my dealer had suggested) and gave me a full refund, even after the fluid flush which was done in February and seemed to fix it - transmission was working great! Over 2 years, 6 sets of tires, and 42,000 miles on the car! And they considered my use to stop at 4600 miles so I got a substantial refund.

With my resources restored, I shopped all over again for a car - drove Mustang GT, Charger, Challenger, considered a more family oriented vehicle. But apparently I’m still stuck on the Camaro - nothing else compares, nothing gives me the same feeling, not Porsche, nor BMW, nor Mercedes, nothing I’ve driven, and there have been many.

Although apprehensive about comfort, I ended up with a 2019 1LE. I have gone 2500 miles in less than 3 weeks and I have absolutely no regrets. This car amazes me every day. I love the stick, the suspension, the seats. Thank you GM!!!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #60
Mgsouthwest2001

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS 8A Hyper Blue
Quote:
Just got mine back today. New revised torque converter, along with new fluid and flush procedure. Honestly it feels better than the day I bought it. No shudder at all, but even more interesting is that the trans behaves a little differently. Hard to describe, but it just feels better and more correct like a normal trans should IMO. Hopefully this completely fixes it. Anyone know what is different about this revised torque converter? Service advisor couldn't really tell me

I have not heard of any new revised torque converter for the Camaro. I have read where the new 19 Silverado and Sierra trucks have a new type. You could check by looking at the part number for the new torque converter they put in and check it against the part number for the old torque converter. A new revised part would have a different number. Chances are, you got a new converter that is the exact same as the one that came out of your car.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #61
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgsouthwest2001 View Post
I have not heard of any new revised torque converter for the Camaro. I have read where the new 19 Silverado and Sierra trucks have a new type. You could check by looking at the part number for the new torque converter they put in and check it against the part number for the old torque converter. A new revised part would have a different number. Chances are, you got a new converter that is the exact same as the one that came out of your car.
24293013 is number on my invoice. I look it up and see nothing stating that it's revised. Do you or anyone know if this is the same number as the original one?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #62
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggaites View Post
I loved my 2017 SS, and I thought the transmission was great. It would sometimes jerk when coming to a stop, and it had a lazy engagement of 4th to 5th, but totally acceptable behavior and the car was an absolute blast. The shudder occurred in a place I never drive in and I only began to notice while driving my wife using cruise control and making her comfortable (11-1500rpm slight load @50mph).

But Chevy approved the buy back (which my dealer had suggested) and gave me a full refund, even after the fluid flush which was done in February and seemed to fix it - transmission was working great! Over 2 years, 6 sets of tires, and 42,000 miles on the car! And they considered my use to stop at 4600 miles so I got a substantial refund.

With my resources restored, I shopped all over again for a car - drove Mustang GT, Charger, Challenger, considered a more family oriented vehicle. But apparently I’m still stuck on the Camaro - nothing else compares, nothing gives me the same feeling, not Porsche, nor BMW, nor Mercedes, nothing I’ve driven, and there have been many.

Although apprehensive about comfort, I ended up with a 2019 1LE. I have gone 2500 miles in less than 3 weeks and I have absolutely no regrets. This car amazes me every day. I love the stick, the suspension, the seats. Thank you GM!!!
Good deal! 👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:41 PM   #63
Riker

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
24293013 is number on my invoice. I look it up and see nothing stating that it's revised. Do you or anyone know if this is the same number as the original one?
From the "ask Al" question on the A8 shudder, he stated that if you have the shudder too long without a flush and new fluid, it will damage the clutches too much. At that point, you need a new TC, no fluid change will fix it.

I believe the "no TC replacements" was only temporary and just to keep doing fluid flushes until the new fluid was available. The new fluid would then solve some of the issues out there, and for those it does not, it would then need a new TC. GM just didn't want to replace TCs if the issue on some was needing the new fluid HP Mobil fluid (blue label).
TRBTXD
8/9/16 - 2000 - New order placed
8/10/16 - 3000
~8/16/16 - 3400
9/20/16 - 6000 Delivered to Customer (That's me)
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #64
Teneck83

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Class action lawsuit filed because of the automatic transmission
Teneck83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #65
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggaites View Post

"nothing gives me the same feeling, not Porsche, nor BMW". That is difficult to understand when both of those are far superior cars.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:24 PM   #66
Tex2SS
16 Camaro 2SS Convertible

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teneck83 View Post
Class action lawsuit filed because of the automatic transmission
Where can one find the info on this law suit. I want to be ready with ammo in case I need to go through the ringer with my transmission issues.

Thanks.

Tex2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #67
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2SS View Post
Where can one find the info on this law suit. I want to be ready with ammo in case I need to go through the ringer with my transmission issues.

Thanks.
https://www.classaction.org/gm-8-spe...CmxqrwyLiBvi7k
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote