Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #8149
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
That sounds uninformed at best and liberal-ish at the worst.

There is no discernible difference in wound cavities among pistol calibers. Ballistically, a 10MM is better than a .45ACP but shot placement is what counts, not bullet size. A 10MM cartridge is smaller than a .45ACP and it allows more to be carried in the same size pistol. A good read is the recent FBI study that caused them to switch to 9MM. In short, a 9MM has less recoil which promotes faster followups and allows a person to carry more rounds than a larger caliber. Why am I not carrying a 9MM? I do but carry the 10MM more often.

This is why more bullets are better.
Why my choice is a 40s&w...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:02 PM   #8150
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Ok on a different note I am curious what this gun community thinks of this idea. I usually do a cash bonus for end of year sales quotas for the last two months. Instead of cash this year I am thinking of doing some guns and custom watches mixed in with some cash. All of my employees are cool with this and think it is a good idea to get some thing they can have alot longer then the cash as they already make decent money.

Since we have proven we like to debate. I would like to hear thoughts of other individuals. I have not found a reason it can not be done. Keep in mind I am in FLorida as well. This would also be held li8ke a raffle before christmas vacation.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #8151
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Why my choice is a 40s&w...
40S(hort)&W(eak).
10MM and .40 use the same bullet.
I have carried a .40 on duty for many, many years. If it were up to me, I'd carry a 9MM.

Modern bullet technology has made almost all popular pistol calibers that same as far as effectiveness goes.

Too many people start nitpicking this is better than that. I don't want to get shot by ANYTHING whether it be a BB gun or a .22 or a .500S&W magnum or any rifle caliber. (I did see some pics from Brazil where someone was shot a few times with a .308 and LIVED. Even with a rifle, shot placement matters but to a far lesser degree).

Like the comedian Bill Burr says, if he shoots with a BB gun while you are breaking into his house, it will make you reconsider what you are doing.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:07 PM   #8152
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:

There is no discernible difference in wound cavities among pistol calibers. Ballistically, a 10MM is better than a .45ACP but shot placement is what counts, not bullet size. A 10MM cartridge is smaller than a .45ACP and it allows more to be carried in the same size pistol. A good read is the recent FBI study that caused them to switch to 9MM. In short, a 9MM has less recoil which promotes faster followups and allows a person to carry more rounds than a larger caliber. Why am I not carrying a 9MM? I do but carry the 10MM more often.

The story at the bottom is a good read. Reminds me why a few friends I know still to this day have an ar 15 with 100 rounds in the trunk of their car. They also have ccw.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #8153
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
[/URL]
Uninformed, Liberal-ish.....well without them who is going to care about the misunderstood zombies.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #8154
blake-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Uninformed, Liberal-ish.....well without them who is going to care about the misunderstood zombies.
I'm sorry. It was an insult to accuse you of being liberal and uninformed. I did not mean to throw you in with "them."
Old 11-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #8155
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:

I think it's stupid to classify all liberals as uninformed on guns so I take the prior post as being that he is uninformed.

In the NRA training, you clearly learn that you need to pay attention to what is also BEHIND your target. So yeah, no matter what caliber you are shooting you COULD still have over-penetration.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:18 PM   #8156
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Ok on a different note I am curious what this gun community thinks of this idea. I usually do a cash bonus for end of year sales quotas for the last two months. Instead of cash this year I am thinking of doing some guns and custom watches mixed in with some cash. All of my employees are cool with this and think it is a good idea to get some thing they can have alot longer then the cash as they already make decent money.

Since we have proven we like to debate. I would like to hear thoughts of other individuals. I have not found a reason it can not be done. Keep in mind I am in FLorida as well. This would also be held li8ke a raffle before christmas vacation.
I think your employees are humoring you to try to stay on your good side.

Cash is a lot better and shows more respect for them than to shove a gift in their arms as though you knew better what would make them happy. I think it would be more respectful to maintain your cash bonus then put on top of that a Grand Prize Drawing for meeting the team's sales goals to anyone that reached their quotas.

You'll have to check with your lawyer though as any drawings are subject to laws in your state.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 11-15-2016, 06:34 PM   #8157
blake-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I think it's stupid to classify all liberals as uninformed on guns so I take the prior post as being that he is uninformed.

In the NRA training, you clearly learn that you need to pay attention to what is also BEHIND your target. So yeah, no matter what caliber you are shooting you COULD still have over-penetration.
All the liberals I know ARE uninformed on guns. I guess I made a generality much like the generality of a 10MM over-penetrating and traveling completely through a person.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:35 PM   #8158
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Went to the range today with my wife, dad and uncle. It was a beautiful day and we had some fun. My wife was shooting my dad's old (he got it from my grandfather) Sears Roebuck .22. I think it's a rebadged Winchester. It kept misfeeding. She still had fun. I might buy her an AR for Christmas.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:41 PM   #8159
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Quote:
All the liberals I know ARE uninformed on guns. I guess I made a generality much like the generality of a 10MM over-penetrating and traveling completely through a person.
Well most people think the 10mm will vaporize their target so I think you're OK
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 11-16-2016, 10:41 AM   #8160
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Ruger LCR 9mm I ordered last week finally showed up. Hope to run a few rounds through it this weekend.
Attached Images

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #8161
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
I'm sorry. It was an insult to accuse you of being liberal and uninformed. I did not mean to throw you in with "them."
No worries.......somewhat uninformed though, I will look through my loading manuals and get a little more up to speed on the ballistics of the 10mm round.

Just at a quick glance, I can load .45 to within 100...150fps of a 10mm projectile. Though I would not really want too. I am still in the camp of over-penetration being an issue, but I will get myself a little more informed about it before I make another wise azz comment.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #8162
blake-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
No worries.......somewhat uninformed though, I will look through my loading manuals and get a little more up to speed on the ballistics of the 10mm round.

Just at a quick glance, I can load .45 to within 100...150fps of a 10mm projectile. Though I would not really want too. I am still in the camp of over-penetration being an issue, but I will get myself a little more informed about it before I make another wise azz comment.
Yes, you can get somewhat close on FPS. Take a look at the 45 super or 460 Rowland if you want to get crazy. To get an idea of just how hot you can load some ammo, go to a place like underwood ammo, buffalobore, or Double Tap. I carry Underwood 10MM 180gr XTP for CCW. For practice, I load whatever .40/10MM projectile I can get my hands on and I do load them to true 10MM power unless it is a plated or lead bullet that requires less FPS. Originally, I believe the 10MM round filled in the gap between .357 Magnum and .41 Magnum. Granted either of them can be loaded hotter due to casing size but the 10MM is a true magnum round when loaded to it's potential.

A good self defense round will mushroom and expand the petals back and over to the rear upon hitting and traveling through a medium. If you ever get a chance to see ballistic gel testing in person, it is really neat. Videos on youtube are cool but nothing like seeing it in person. Just imagine upon expansion, the petals fold back and over and just how big of a swathe they cut while bending towards the tail of the bullet.

Tags
camaro gun