Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 04-06-2017, 05:53 AM   #85
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
If you use the Vitesse and find SP0 works, try EC0 and see if that works. That way, you can keep the Vitesse - that way, all you'll need to do is use the A button for NLS mode, and the B button for boosted throttle mode. Makes it worth keeping if you don't have to keep tapping B to change between SC0 and SC5 (in my case - but whatever you use).

I run in SP5 and when power shifting it'll shift gear for me, but it bounces off the limiter in the process. We had a big storm here yesterday so I didn't get to try EC0. I'll try later if I remember.

With regards to the value in the Vitesse - for me the car is a lot more fun with it. I turn it to EC0 for autocross, and sometimes when sitting in heavy traffic, but otherwise it's SP5 all the way for me. I don't like the electronic throttle-body feel myself, and the Vitesse makes it feel more like an old cable system. Much more responsive, and much more fun. I personally wouldn't ditch it in favor of having NLS.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #86
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post

You can kinda hear the blaaapp my car makes when I NLS on the first pull going 2-3. Can't really hear it on the 1-2 for some reason.

First clip you can see my foot planted to the floor and not moving.
I had this turned up as loud as I could get it and played it three or four times.. if I can hear it at all, it's just barely.
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #87
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
yeah short of putting a gopro mic on my license plate i don't know what I could have done differently.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #88
Chevy71

Quote:
yeah short of putting a gopro mic on my license plate i don't know what I could have done differently.
I understand that, and appreciate you taking time to make a video for us!
Old 04-13-2017, 11:03 PM   #89
Chevy71

So, I asked my tuner to look at this option while my car was on the dyno.. what he told me was very interesting. Every manual Camaro with a build after 2/2016 has it active in their map. Every 6th gen manual Camaro has it programmed in their map, but may not be active. The car has to be in track mode for NLS to work, and when it works it actually pops and is very noticeable. Even when you're using your sound canceling Bluetooth car mic it can be heard lol. I my tuner adjust mine, but stock this is the need; car has to be going 30mph, in track mode, and at least 93% throttle (I moved it down to 80% so I can use it in the low gears without spinning too much). The car will not go all the way up to redline when using NLS, and traction control prevents NLS from working (partial reason for being in track mode). Again, it's very clear when it's working, even with the exhaust in stealth mode it's loud inside the car. I will try to get a video for you all if you need, but the white Camaro video in this thread is NLS. Now I know why mine wouldn't work and would build to redline when I tried it. I was in sport mode every time I tried it.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #90
Ian SS

I do it in Sport or Touring mode all the time.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Old 04-14-2017, 05:22 PM   #91
Chevy71

Quote:
I do it in Sport or Touring mode all the time.
You may be tapping rev limiter man. It's clear in the map that track mode and no traction control. It also was not doing it in your video for sure, it's very distinctive. We even did it in his bone stock Camaro and you can hear it very well
Old 04-14-2017, 06:21 PM   #92
Ian SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
You may be tapping rev limiter man. It's clear in the map that track mode and no traction control. It also was not doing it in your video for sure, it's very distinctive. We even did it in his bone stock Camaro and you can hear it very well
There is no way it hits the limiter. It would fall on its face. I also have a tune and no 2nd cats so that would explain the sound but there is no way it isn't working.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Old 04-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #93
Ian SS

Here is a SS of the HPTuners screen that SS 1LE posted. My tuner made no mention of modes or traction control, either.
Attached Images

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Old 04-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #94
Chevy71

Quote:
There is no way it hits the limiter. It would fall on its face. I also have a tune and no 2nd cats so that would explain the sound but there is no way it isn't working.
I have his tune and a set of high flowmcats that's it on my car. It's much louder in my car than his stock car. He uses HPTuners, I'm not sure what he saw but that's what he told me. I didn't personally do it, and don't personally know. I do know in sport mode when I tried NLS it did nothing for me. The car does it now when in track mode though. When I had to town for beer tonight, I'll try it in sport mode.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #95
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
So, I asked my tuner to look at this option while my car was on the dyno.. what he told me was very interesting. Every manual Camaro with a build after 2/2016 has it active in their map. Every 6th gen manual Camaro has it programmed in their map, but may not be active. The car has to be in track mode for NLS to work, and when it works it actually pops and is very noticeable. Even when you're using your sound canceling Bluetooth car mic it can be heard lol. I my tuner adjust mine, but stock this is the need; car has to be going 30mph, in track mode, and at least 93% throttle (I moved it down to 80% so I can use it in the low gears without spinning too much). The car will not go all the way up to redline when using NLS, and traction control prevents NLS from working (partial reason for being in track mode). Again, it's very clear when it's working, even with the exhaust in stealth mode it's loud inside the car. I will try to get a video for you all if you need, but the white Camaro video in this thread is NLS. Now I know why mine wouldn't work and would build to redline when I tried it. I was in sport mode every time I tried it.
NLS 100% works in my car in sport mode as well as track mode...I haven't tried it in any other modes.

Going by the HPT software that I was looking at when my friend had his car tuned, the throttle position and speed are the only parameters that need to be met. Maybe it is different for the SS 1LE's, no idea, but I kinda doubt it.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:56 PM   #96
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
NLS 100% works in my car in sport mode as well as track mode...I haven't tried it in any other modes.

Going by the HPT software that I was looking at when my friend had his car tuned, the throttle position and speed are the only parameters that need to be met. Maybe it is different for the SS 1LE's, no idea, but I kinda doubt it.
I'll ask him to get a screen shot of mine. I'm with you, I wouldn't think it would be different. I can tell you it does not work in sport or tour mode for my car. 2016 2SS.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:58 PM   #97
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
It works in every mode... I dont even see how its possible to disable it outside of screwing with RPM or wheel speed and if those were set to impossible to reach numbers you car would not NLS no matter what mode you were in.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote