Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #645
at7000ft

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Yeah that's actually the other way you can go, bring your old portable CD player and connect it to the audio or USB jack.

Back to the days when we all had cassette decks in the car and you needed the adapter to play your CDs.

Everything old is new again!

I still have my Panasonic portable CD player from my freshman year in college in 1995, and it still works great.
Wife still has a bunch of old 45 records in the basement and wants me to find and install one of these, told her it probably wouldn't fit.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/S0hRzEihsR4/hqdefault.jpg
at7000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #646
at7000ft

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiffyMo View Post
The fact there isn't a gas cap. My wife had a Ford Fusion for a company car and always liked the fact I didn't have to fool with a gas cap, and now it's on the Camaro!
It is handy at a gas station not having to mess with a cap. But every time I fill up I flash back to the time when I was around 14 years old and I saw my little brother standing at the back of our family station wagon (with an external fuel cap that was very easy to remove) filling the gas tank full of water with the garden hose, just like he sees his dad do at the gas station. Had to have a guy come out from the local garage and have him drain the tank.

My grandson is getting big enough to do that, think I will avoid letting him see how I open the gas fill cover whenever he is with me at a gas station
at7000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #647
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by at7000ft View Post
It is handy at a gas station not having to mess with a cap. But every time I fill up I flash back to the time when I was around 14 years old and I saw my little brother standing at the back of our family station wagon (with an external fuel cap that was very easy to remove) filling the gas tank full of water with the garden hose, just like he sees his dad do at the gas station. Had to have a guy come out from the local garage and have him drain the tank.

My grandson is getting big enough to do that, think I will avoid letting him see how I open the gas fill cover whenever he is with me at a gas station
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:14 PM   #648
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Not sure whether this works for any/all prior years, but if you turn the car off with the high beams on, they will automatically reset to low beams when you start the car and they come on again.

My car is a '20 2SS in case the trim level or year matters here.

I also wanted to add a couple of comments about some other items in this thread:

- Cruise Control in a Manual: If you shift gears with cruise control set, cruise will not cancel out unless don't shift into a different gear within about 2 seconds or so. If you take too long to change gears, it WILL cancel cruise control.

- Hill Start Assist in a Manual: The clutch has to be depressed - the car does NOT have to be in any gear - in order for it to engage as long as the grade is "steep enough". If you fail to attempt to move within about 2-3 seconds, it disengages and the car will roll. If you take your foot off of the brake with the clutch OUT, it will not engage.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 02:10 AM   #649
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianne1974 View Post
It is a fact... I have it in mine and I love it!
It's the only way I drive it in manual mode...don't like using the paddle shifters, especially when turning!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:19 AM   #650
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I didn't know that the issues with the 8 speed transmission were not random manufacturing issues related to the 8l90 only ....and are actually something every single 8l45 and 8l90 produced will experience due to the fluid they used up until the 2nd quarter of 2019.

we all will have failing transmissions. It's only a matter of time depending on the weather we happen to be driving around in most often. ...and somehow no recalls have been made.

took mine 4 years but i only have 35k miles on the car and live in a place that doesn't rain all that often or get very cold ever.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:27 PM   #651
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Easy answer for me. For my 2016 (bought new to me this spring) I didn't know I'd fall in love with this car as much as I did.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:23 PM   #652
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfiredog View Post
The weather app will also only work when you have the XM infotainment package. So if you don't pay extra then you will no longer get weather.
I don't have Nav (or Sirius XM) but I do have a working Weather Channel app on MyLink. Downloaded to MyLink via the app store. Works great!

Old 07-18-2020, 11:57 PM   #653
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
If you long-press the home button on the infotainment panel , it displays the Apple CarPlay interface on the touchscreen, or presumably Android Auto if that's enabled.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:57 PM   #654
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBell View Post
I did not realize when your car is connected via android auto if you press the mic button on the screen and ask it a question it will wiki things for you like what is the speed of light? Pretty cool feature
You can also long-press the mic (talking head) button to talk to Google/Siri.

Or... you can just say "Hey Google" if your Android phone is correctly set up to listen for it while locked and driving, (check your Google Assistant settings)

Very convenient!

Old 07-21-2020, 12:10 AM   #655
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
And that is a wonderful thing.
Yes it is...

Also, did you know that, if you have the heat seat or ventilated seats set to run on auto, they will run automatically upon remote start on the A8 (under the appropriate outside temp conditions), but will turn off as soon as as you push the engine start button? If you then want seat heat or ventilation to continue, you must turn it back on.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:16 AM   #656
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by at7000ft View Post
Just hope it doesn't track any time you exceed the speed limit and email the violation to the police and your insurance company as soon as within wi-fi range.
I turned this tracking off immediately upon finding out about it! Don't recall exactly how. I think I had to log in to my Onstar account.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:43 AM   #657
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
If you long-press the home button on the infotainment panel , it displays the Apple CarPlay interface on the touchscreen, or presumably Android Auto if that's enabled.
Yes, it does work that way for Android Auto as well.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:19 PM   #658
BlakeR
😁😁😁😁😁

Drives: 1ss
Learned new today!

Braking hard in sport mode activated performance shift. I never noticed that in my RS, but maybe it's a SS thing. Unlocking performance shift mode is really fun...like getting a bonus level on a video game or something! It doesn't seem to do it all the time on hard acceleration.
BlakeR is offline   Reply With Quote