Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds > Wheels / Tires
View our official forum sponsors list.

AWE Tuning

Old 06-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
BestWheelDeals

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Wink >>> 6Th Gen CAMARO 20X12 PROJECT: NO MODS, BOLT AND GO-- SEE PICS INSIDE

We've been messing with Camaros for a good while now, vendor here since 2010. We love Camaros and love the whole wheel experience, the transformation of the vehicle and how customers react when they see their rides. So three years ago we dared to embark in the "20x12 Project," via which we learned the perfect offsets to fit a 20x12 in the rear of 5th Gen Camaro-- with NO mods to the car. Now, the 6Th Gen is out, so logical question was: Can we pull off the 20x12 on 6Th Gen Camaro as well? Have a peek below, and see for yourself.

* Car below is lowered. Set up is XO Caracas Titanium Polished 20x10, 20x12 and Mickey Thompson 275/35, 305/35. Please shoot us a pm with any question. We will post other wheel models that are available in 20x12.

Camaro5 Vendors since 2010. Authorized Distributors: Stance | Rohana | Niche Wheels | XO Luxury | TSW | RSR | MRR | VS-Forged | Vertini | Ferrada | Ace Alloy | BC Forged | Forgestar | Foose | Continental | Michelin | Nitto | Mickey Thompson | Hankook and all major tire brands

Last edited by BestWheelDeals; 03-25-2019 at 11:37 AM.
BestWheelDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #2
BestWheelDeals

Other 20x12 options available.

The models below are available in 20x10, 20x12. If you don't see the finish you desire, we can custom finish the wheels as you want. Please pm with any question and to confirm availability.

Thanks

VDD-01SB
Satin Black

VDD-02BRSGB
Brushed Gloss Black

VDD-02MGR
Matte Graphite

VDD-02SB
Satin Black

VDD-03SB
Satin Black

VDD-08 SSBR
Satin Silver Brushed

VDD-10 SSBR
Satin Silver Brushed

X253 MGM
Matte Gunmetal

X253 SB
Satin Black

X253 SSBR
Satin Silver Brushed

X253 SBBR
Satin Black Brushed

Camaro5 Vendors since 2010. Authorized Distributors: Stance | Rohana | Niche Wheels | XO Luxury | TSW | RSR | MRR | VS-Forged | Vertini | Ferrada | Ace Alloy | BC Forged | Forgestar | Foose | Continental | Michelin | Nitto | Mickey Thompson | Hankook and all major tire brands

Last edited by BestWheelDeals; 06-30-2016 at 07:45 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 06-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #3
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Wow!!!

Not much else to say.
Would any tire work, like a Pilot S/S or Conti., in a 30 series?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
BestWheelDeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Wow!!!

Not much else to say.
Would any tire work, like a Pilot S/S or Conti., in a 30 series?
Great question, as it allows us to explain that some tire brands may run wider than others, so each case has to be looked at individually: specific offsets for specific tire option.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
... Now I don't know which way to go
Mike!! You killing me!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
The setup is beautiful!! I like that the suspension is stock (no lowering kit required).

What would be the weight increase if any when compared to the stock setup? Is there anything else needed besides wheels and tires? How is this setup affecting the car performance if it does affect it at all?

My apologies if these are stupid question. Just trying to understand the behind the scene things on a setup like this.

Thanks.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #7
BestWheelDeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
... Now I don't know which way to go
Mike!! You killing me!!
T,

Now you see why I asked you to wait until we did this car. Hahaha. Dude, and thing is it looks even more impressive in person. We've done a bunch of sets for you, so feeling like I know what you're after. Let's do the VD3s 20x10, 20x12; I guarantee you won't b disappointed; car will hit so hard.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #8
BestWheelDeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
The setup is beautiful!! I like that the suspension is stock (no lowering kit required).

What would be the weight increase if any when compared to the stock setup? Is there anything else needed besides wheels and tires? How is this setup affecting the car performance if it does affect it at all?

My apologies if these are stupid question. Just trying to understand the behind the scene things on a setup like this.

Thanks.
Glad you like the set up, and thanks for the valid questions. So the set up looks bad-ass, and pics show that, but the techy stuff is not generally in your face as the aesthetic aspect is.

First, these wheels are on the lighter side- made in Taiwan, so even though they are much wider than stock, the weight difference is not much; I will get exact weights and post.

Today, looks and stance dominate the wheel scene, but this whole "after-market wheel thing" really began to upgrade performance. So, put simply, with 20x10/275/35 up front we now have more surface area on pavement than with 20x8.5/245/40, which improves braking capacity and cuts down under-steer. The rear 20x12/305 look so freaking mean and nasty, but in the rear it's about bigger foot print to create transfer of power; means faster acceleration and improved braking as well.

Hope this helps, or let's get you into a set and you can speak about the experience of rolling on this bad-ass set up; we are local in 33018.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
MIAMI2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestWheelDeals View Post
Glad you like the set up, and thanks for the valid questions. So the set up looks bad-ass, and pics show that, but the techy stuff is not generally in your face as the aesthetic aspect is.

First, these wheels are on the lighter side- made in Taiwan, so even though they are much wider than stock, the weight difference is not much; I will get exact weights and post.

Today, looks and stance dominate the wheel scene, but this whole "after-market wheel thing" really began to upgrade performance. So, put simply, with 20x10/275/35 up front we now have more surface area on pavement than with 20x8.5/245/40, which improves braking capacity and cuts down under-steer. The rear 20x12/305 look so freaking mean and nasty, but in the rear it's about bigger foot print to create transfer of power; means faster acceleration and improved braking as well.

Hope this helps, or let's get you into a set and you can speak about the experience of rolling on this bad-ass set up; we are local in 33018.
Thank you for the follow up with answers and explanations. I appreciate it!!

Would you be able to PM the cost of a setup like the one in the pictures? With kids in college, everything has to be budgeted now.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #10
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
Thank you for the follow up with answers and explanations. I appreciate it!!

Would you be able to PM the cost of a setup like the one in the pictures? With kids in college, everything has to be budgeted now.

In the same boat!! Kids grown but not out of my pockets yet!! I have bought several sets of wheels from Mike at Best Wheels!! You won't find better pricing!! Those guys are awesome!!!
Old 06-22-2016, 04:48 PM   #11
V3N0M89

Drives: yellow 2ss
Thumbs up hello

hello guys, just joined the camaro6 forums and i ran across this post. That ss looks very much like mine . I have to say that it has been a very good job by my friend John. The car made a complete transformation in looks, handling, and aggressiveness. I was a little skeptical at first but like you guys can see the prove is the pictures. If anybody has a question about it, feel free to ask me anything. Also if any of you want to see it in person, im located in miami-dade.
V3N0M89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #12
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3N0M89 View Post
hello guys, just joined the camaro6 forums and i ran across this post. That ss looks very much like mine . I have to say that it has been a very good job by my friend John. The car made a complete transformation in looks, handling, and aggressiveness. I was a little skeptical at first but like you guys can see the prove is the pictures. If anybody has a question about it, feel free to ask me anything. Also if any of you want to see it in person, im located in miami-dade.
Car looks amazing!! Did you lower it? And if so, what springs did you go with? Thanks!!
Old 06-22-2016, 09:06 PM   #13
MIAMI2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Car looks amazing!! Did you lower it? And if so, what springs did you go with? Thanks!!
I agree. The car looks beautiful. Do you have more pictures of it that you can post? I also like your comment on the car handling better!!

Last edited by MIAMI2SSRS; 06-24-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #14
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Wow! I'm sold! I'm in Bradenton/Sarasota, where do I have to go for this?

Tags
6th gen camaro 20x12 wheels, 6th gen camaro deep concave wheels, 6th gen camaro titanium wheels, 6th gen camaro xo wheels