Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
Kalcorp17

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Mosaic Black
Thumbs up Trying out sound tube foam delete

Hey all, will be testing out how this sound tube foam delete sounds for the first time on my A8 on the way to work today. Will post my initial thoughts later!
Attached Images

Kalcorp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
drewspr00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible A8
I tried it too, but I didn't even make it all the way home before I had to stop and put the foam back in. I absolutely hated the sound. Maybe you'll like it more!
drewspr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #3
Kalcorp17

Okay so initial thoughts: the term I would use is "underwhelming". I had read a thread on this forum about how this is a "must try mod" so I went ahead and pulled the foam this morning. Does it make the induction sound in the cabin louder? Sure. A bit. Mind you I went 5.5K+ rpms at least four times on the way to work so I tested out most of the power band thoroughly lol. The issues I have are that 1.) It changes the tone of the sound. Sure it's a bit louder, but more importantly the sound (in my opinion) is not as appealing as with the foam in. Sounds more "fake" and not dialed in with the foam out. Like it's just traveling down an empty tube haha. 2.) This noise, now sounding fake, is a bit louder and competes with the exhaust notes for attention. Personally, the exhaust note is one of my favorite parts about driving the car because it is absolutely a beautiful experience. This loud fake sounding empty tube takes away from that experience. Guess I put the foam back in tonight
Old 07-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
Kalcorp17

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewspr00 View Post
I tried it too, but I didn't even make it all the way home before I had to stop and put the foam back in. I absolutely hated the sound. Maybe you'll like it more!
I hate it as well! 100% putting the foam back in after work tonight
Old 07-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcorp17 View Post
I hate it as well! 100% putting the foam back in after work tonight
Right there with you. Tried it. Didn't like it. Put the foam back in. Never looked back.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #6
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I did this on my 2016 SS that I used to own and it didn’t have a noticeable difference in sound except on acceleration. Mine had the M6 6 speed so the afm that you A8 folks have wasn’t active when driving. I also pulled the fuse 51 on the NPP exhaust and installed a Cold Air Inductions CAI which contributed to the louder sound than stock.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
Kalcorp17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I did this on my 2016 SS that I used to own and it didn’t have a noticeable difference in sound except on acceleration. Mine had the M6 6 speed so the afm that you A8 folks have wasn’t active when driving. I also pulled the fuse 51 on the NPP exhaust and installed a Cold Air Inductions CAI which contributed to the louder sound than stock.
You're right, the difference really isn't that great, I just don't like the direction it took the sound in. I didn't notice any droning or weird noises at all in reference to afm. I also have pulled the NPP fuse; best free mod I've ever done haha!