Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #1975
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
So why didn't Ford just go for broke and throw the Bullitt engine in with the A10 trans and the PP2 stuff? I am sure that it would have costed a bit more but there are those who would have paid whatever it would have costed. It would have been pretty impressive. I mean instead of taking all the best parts and separating them and putting them all in different trims they should have put them all in one trim or even put it all together and offered the A10 or M6.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:36 PM   #1976
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So why didn't Ford just go for broke and throw the Bullitt engine in with the A10 trans and the PP2 stuff? I am sure that it would have costed a bit more but there are those who would have paid whatever it would have costed. It would have been pretty impressive. I mean instead of taking all the best parts and separating them and putting them all in different trims they should have put them all in one trim or even put it all together and offered the A10 or M6.
Agreed. The way they have the Bullitt set up now, there is no reason to even buy it. It brings really no perf gain over a reg GT with PP2. Other than a $10k price tag adjustment cus of the Bullitt name. To me, if you buy a Bullitt, you are a sheep being led by other sheep. Ford got you and that was their goal. To suck another sucker in.

They could of built the GT right the first time and we wouldn't have to deal with Mustang fanboys being so insecure right now. Cus, they'd prob trump the SS. But, nope. Ford can't get it right. They know their fanboys will flock to the dealerships cus it has a horse on it.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:39 PM   #1977
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
You get a bullitt for the same reason you get a hot wheels camaro, for the bling.

Nothin’ wrong with that, unless you got the bullitt.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #1978
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
You get a bullitt for the same reason you get a hot wheels camaro, for the bling.

Well, I'd get neither. That's why I have a Zl1. You might as well spend $10k more and get the monster.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:22 PM   #1979
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

Well the HW Camaro had no upgrades other than looks. The Bullitt has more HP than the GT and is on the PP1 setup. My thing is that Ford should have made a version of the Mustang with the 475 hp engine, the PP2 setup, and the option to get the M6 or A10 trans.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #1980
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Well the HW Camaro had no upgrades other than looks. The Bullitt has more HP than the GT and is on the PP1 setup. My thing is that Ford should have made a version of the Mustang with the 475 hp engine, the PP2 setup, and the option to get the M6 or A10 trans.
There is historical precedent showing that the Bullitt GT's equipment will indeed end up on all GT's once the Bullitt run is over.

They know they can make more money this way. If the Bullitt were just an appearance package, they wouldnt be able to fully capitalize on it's profitability. A.k.a bean-counter, business, BS.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:09 AM   #1981
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
There is historical precedent showing that the Bullitt GT's equipment will indeed end up on all GT's once the Bullitt run is over.

They know they can make more money this way. If the Bullitt were just an appearance package, they wouldnt be able to fully capitalize on it's profitability. A.k.a bean-counter, business, BS.
Is the lesson... don't be an early adopter by buying a 2018 GT, PP1 or PP2?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #1982
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Agreed. The way they have the Bullitt set up now, there is no reason to even buy it. It brings really no perf gain over a reg GT with PP2. Other than a $10k price tag adjustment cus of the Bullitt name. To me, if you buy a Bullitt, you are a sheep being led by other sheep. Ford got you and that was their goal. To suck another sucker in.

They could of built the GT right the first time and we wouldn't have to deal with Mustang fanboys being so insecure right now. Cus, they'd prob trump the SS. But, nope. Ford can't get it right. They know their fanboys will flock to the dealerships cus it has a horse on it.
Actually there is a great reason to purchase a Bullitt over a standard GT and that is investment. Car and Driver states "Ford has not yet released pricing information for the 2019 Mustang Bullitt. Expect it to cost a few thousand dollars more than the $43,990 price of the 2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium with the GT Performance package."

Looking at prior history the 01 and 08 Bullitt GTs are holding their value nearly twice as well as the standard GT.

Also interesting.
https://jalopnik.com/the-first-2019-...00k-1822264260
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:23 AM   #1983
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Actually there is a great reason to purchase a Bullitt over a standard GT and that is investment. Car and Driver states "Ford has not yet released pricing information for the 2019 Mustang Bullitt. Expect it to cost a few thousand dollars more than the $43,990 price of the 2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium with the GT Performance package."

Looking at prior history the 01 and 08 Bullitt GTs are holding their value nearly twice as well as the standard GT.

Also interesting.
https://jalopnik.com/the-first-2019-...00k-1822264260
I doubt the Bullit will holds its value better than a GT350, and an investment that car is not. The used prices indicate that. I am sure they will stabilize, but investment means you gain value and none of these cars will, minus the 1 or 2 examples that we will see on Mecum.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:33 AM   #1984
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I doubt the Bullit will holds its value better than a GT350, and an investment that car is not. The used prices indicate that. I am sure they will stabilize, but investment means you gain value and none of these cars will, minus the 1 or 2 examples that we will see on Mecum.
I never mentioned the GT350, what I did mention is if history is any indication this Bullitt will hold its value much better than a standard GT. IMO that is worth a few thousand more now if you can find one at or near MSRP when they hit the street.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #1985
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
After recent test drives on some really good back roads I think a standard SS > Mustang with PP1. I test drove an 18 Mustang (manual) with PP1 (did not have magride) vs a 2SS (manual no magride). Camaro was easily the better handling car. It was obvious after the first corner.

I think a 1LE will be greater than a PP2. I would bet money on it.

But there is more to a car vs how it does on a track and for many buyers it will come down to other intangibles and personal preference (interior and exterior styling, functionality, cost, etc).

I'm going through the process of potentially buying either a Mustang or Camaro right now and my unbiased opionion is the Camaro is the better drivers car (track or even on street) and the Mustang is probably the more practical daily for me and I prefer teh new 18 GT looks. But drivers car to me is at the top of the priority list. I am amazed at how good the 6th gen Camaro is (I drive a 16 Z51 7M, with magride for comparison). Just the standard 2SS without magride was very impressive, and I cannot wait to test drive a 1LE. ZL1 is just overkill for me (same as when I test drove a Z06). I just don't track the car enough to warrant that level of power.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:17 PM   #1986
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Because they can make more money for the Bullitt. and why no PP2 and A10? Probably the same reason no A8 and 1LE?

Quote:

This ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Well, I'd get neither. That's why I have a Zl1. You might as well spend $10k more and get the monster.
to each his own, some people like the blingy "special" models

Quote:
If history repeats itself, which it seems to in Ford land the Bullitt equipment will become standard GT. 01 Bullitt equip I believe was standard in 03/04 and 08/09 Bullitt became 2010 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post

This ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Is the lesson... don't be an early adopter by buying a 2018 GT, PP1 or PP2?
Yeah pretty much. Seems to be a bit more standard in Ford land, but GM has done it as well just no where near the frequency of Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I never mentioned the GT350, what I did mention is if history is any indication this Bullitt will hold its value much better than a standard GT. IMO that is worth a few thousand more now if you can find one at or near MSRP when they hit the street.
This ^ the Bullitt does hold its value better than a standard GT
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 02-16-2018 at 02:03 PM.
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #1987
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post

I'm going through the process of potentially buying either a Mustang or Camaro right now and my unbiased opionion is the Camaro is the better drivers car (track or even on street) and the Mustang is probably the more practical daily for me and I prefer teh new 18 GT looks. But drivers car to me is at the top of the priority list.
I agree on this 100%, I liked a lot about the Mustang. This is exactly why I ended up with a Camaro 1LE however. Performance was more important to me than slightly better visibility, rear seats or trunk.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #1988
IH8WNTR

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
I agree on this 100%, I liked a lot about the Mustang. This is exactly why I ended up with a Camaro 1LE however. Performance was more important to me than slightly better visibility, rear seats or trunk.
I’m in this boat. I think the SS 1LE looks better than all the mustangs except the gt350r too, but that’s a mute point.
IH8WNTR is offline   Reply With Quote