Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-14-2017, 09:40 PM   #29
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Totally on your side on this, people can be jerks.

If I happen to do something stupid, and I'm called out on it, I accept my verbal beating, wave my hand in a friendly manner and move on. Sh..t happens. Now, on the other hand if I were you, I probably would have snapped and been thrown in jail for assault charges. I can just see myself smashing his face into his headlight and saying something like, you hit my car, look what you did!

Tough situation for sure. Best of luck, hope all works out.
Thank you!!!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #30
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

https://youtu.be/Gc_4zHQsDos

Here it is!!! Same thing I sent to the insurance.

Here is the footage we talked about on the phone.

Things to note:
5:46:52 he enters the scene
5:46:56 I enter in my white camaro
5:46:57 you can see my turn signal
5:46:01 to 5:46:03 you can see my full 3 second stop

He claimed to have his turn signal on. But it took him from 5:46:52 to at least 5:46:03 (When I started mine) to even start his turn. As can be seen in the video my car enters and comes to a complete stop in 5 seconds, I wait 3 seconds and begin my turn. He was at a complete stop at the light with no turn signal on for a minimum of 6 seconds, unfortunately the camera does not show this angle.

5:47:03- 5:47:08 in which I begin my turn and he turns into the 2nd lane of traffic in front of me.
5:47:08 you can see his truck enter the scene
5:47:08 - 5:47:20 you can see his truck sitting in the 2nd lane of the road as he is screaming at me. Hard to see but he opens his door to look back and scream at me while blocking my car. During this 25 second timeframe I'm still facing south on Arapahoe as I have barely moved around the corner at this point, he is facing East on 19th street in the 2nd lane of traffic.
5:47:20 As he has finally pulled up some I attempt to go behind his truck and get away from him because he's acting like a lunatic and being overly aggressive. He taps his brakes and I clip the very corner of his driver side rear bumper. This is the only way the damage to my headlight could occur, me facing straight and him facing the opposite direction, we were shaped like an upside down L at this point. Considering 25 seconds has gone by its fairly clear that this wasn't a case of me just hitting him because I wasn't paying attention, as I was barely moving at the point of impact, 2MPH maybe. As can be seen in the video, my headlights reflection are missing and you can see them as I finally turn the corner after the incidents occurred.

5:47:33 to further illustrate his over aggressiveness, it is blurry but evident, I exit my vehicle and stand next to my door. He exits his and comes directly towards me and gets in my face to continue arguing with me. At this point I called 911 to report him and the accident.

Everything in his police report is a direct fabrication of the events. He blatantly lied to the cops face that he never did any of the things in this video and I was the "aggressor." I attempted to defuse the situating by pulling away from him but when I did he hit his brakes and then laughed when I hit his bumper. This was absolutely a case of road rage and him playing games. He wouldn't let this situation go until he had "won" by causing some sort of issue. I stopped once he started his turn, there was zero reason for him to stop in the middle of the road and block my car so he could yell at me for 25 seconds. Who knows when or if it would have ended if I just sat there any longer.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #31
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I hope the tape can help your case. Post it up once you get it.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:12 PM   #32
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
I hope the tape can help your case. Post it up once you get it.
Thanks! I'm hoping it's enough, but it's the best I have for now. At worst it proves that he lied to the cops face. It's posted above in the YouTube link.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:17 PM   #33
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Guess I should also add that it helps my case with my insurance. If he tells the same crap lie, I have the video to prove he didn't just turn the corner like he told the cop.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #34
RomanB

Drives: 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
You can see in the video that the guy has his car door open. If you zoom in and run a video enhancer on this part there is nothing to argue about. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:16 PM   #35
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Watching that video, I don't think the it shows anything definitive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2017, 06:07 AM   #36
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanB View Post
You can see in the video that the guy has his car door open. If you zoom in and run a video enhancer on this part there is nothing to argue about. Good luck.
I'll try that thanks!
Old 09-15-2017, 06:12 AM   #37
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
Watching that video, I don't think the it shows anything definitive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
All I'm looking to do is prove 2 things from this video. One that he lied to the cops face that I just hit him and he never got in my face and he never stopped in the road. It takes me 25 seconds to come around that corner, so anyone with half a brain can see that he's doing exactly what I said, blocking my car.

2 I just want to prove to the insurance it wasn't a standard accident. Just going by time stamp it's evident I didn't just come blowing into a corner and hit his car. I just need to prove he was at fault because he was playing games.

Still going to look for more.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #38
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
That's why you need a trunk monkey
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #39
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
That's why you need a trunk monkey
I googled that. I assume you're talking about the monkey commercial?? Lol
Old 09-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #40
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
All your insurance company is concerned about is the claim they will have to pay out for the damages done to your car. In their greedy little eyes, they're going to say "Well, you still hit him when he got in front of you so now we're gonna have to pay to fix your car. $$$ Cha Ching! $$$ Cha Ching! There goes your insurance rates up even higher.

The insurance company doesn't really care about all the little details or who was the road rager. You hit him and they'll blame you for getting in this accident and up goes your rates. Even the cops are not going to care about who lied and who didn't. Maybe if it was a homicide or something, but not a little fender bender due to road rage..

That's how the "system" works and I agree, it sucks sometimes. The other driver obviously played a game on you and even though you were morally in the right, you're still going to lose under the "letter" of the law.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's how it's going to come out. Goodluck!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #41
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
All your insurance company is concerned about is the claim they will have to pay out for the damages done to your car. In their greedy little eyes, they're going to say "Well, you still hit him when he got in front of you so now we're gonna have to pay to fix your car. $$$ Cha Ching! $$$ Cha Ching! There goes your insurance rates up even higher.

The insurance company doesn't really care about all the little details or who was the road rager. You hit him and they'll blame you for getting in this accident and up goes your rates. Even the cops are not going to care about who lied and who didn't. Maybe if it was a homicide or something, but not a little fender bender due to road rage..

That's how the "system" works and I agree, it sucks sometimes. The other driver obviously played a game on you and even though you were morally in the right, you're still going to lose under the "letter" of the law.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's how it's going to come out. Goodluck!
Sounds about right. I should have used the bat.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #42
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
You hit him and are complaining? You could have gone a different direction. Not gotten out of the car....

Hey, someone had to be the asshole.