Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #15
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Careful what you say, someone could get you for reckless endangerment.

SSOOCH's car started performing only after he had sex with it. We saw the pics
Nah, she's almost 20 now and has driven the beast herself, once. I let her take it down the cul-de-sac and back, she was shaking when she got out.
muahahahahahaha
Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #16
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Why did you go there? You just HAD to go there, didn't you? We're trying to forget that picture, but people just keep bringing it up!!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravirn View Post
Why did you go there? You just HAD to go there, didn't you? We're trying to forget that picture, but people just keep bringing it up!!!!

Yeah, he's screwed if he tries to run for president. Although, I would still vote for him.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #18
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:

Sorry, I just have an evil side that comes out at times.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #19
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
My Wife always yells "G** D***it, tell me when you're going to do that so I can put my head back on the headrest"
My third passenger of the night let out a curse when I popped it into 2nd. I saw, out of the corner of my right eye, her head slam into the headrest. Whoops!

"G** D***it!!! I'm getting WHIPLASH!" *mutter*

My fourth passenger gasped (loudly) when I did the 1-2 shift turning on to the highway. I actually let up on the gas and glanced over, "Hey, are you okay?" "Hmmm? Yeah", she purred, "I think I had an orgasm. Good thing you have leather seats!"

Seriously, she made me get on, then off, the Trans-Canada Highway repeatedly until I got a phone call from the "next" passenger saying "Where are you?"

Old 03-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #20
superdave99

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
get in...sit back...shut up...and hold on !
That's hilarious, I think I just found my new signature.
superdave99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #21
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Quote:
My third passenger of the night let out a curse when I popped it into 2nd. I saw, out of the corner of my right eye, her head slam into the headrest. Whoops!

"G** D***it!!! I'm getting WHIPLASH!" *mutter*

My fourth passenger gasped (loudly) when I did the 1-2 shift turning on to the highway. I actually let up on the gas and glanced over, "Hey, are you okay?" "Hmmm? Yeah", she purred, "I think I had an orgasm. Good thing you have leather seats!"

Seriously, she made me get on, then off, the Trans-Canada Highway repeatedly until I got a phone call from the "next" passenger saying "Where are you?"

......................................... .................................................. ........

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #22
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
It does have good power. I guess the hardest thing for me is coming from a 4th gen with a stroker motor and some happy go go juice So needless to say its not as torqy but it still feels great
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #23
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
Rav

I see you commented in my similar thread, quick question for ya

How many times in a day did you hard drive it? Or did you just drive it hard non stop

My car is on it's way shortly, damn thing is still sitting at the plant

I was thinking of doing this for mine

Before I attempt ANY hard driving I will want to put at least 15-20 miles on her then start the hard break in process

Basically I will drive the car normally with the occasional hard drive. When Im ready to put the car away for the day, I will head out on the highway and do a couple of Darin's hard break in methods. Now how many times would be best for it? Im not sure if Darin means drive it like that for 500 miles. I was thinking maybe do 15 hard drives on the highway and then head home and park it for the night. Repeat daily until I reach 500 miles and then just drive it normally.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
mine seemed to wake up some at 500 miles, but it wasn't anything super dramatic or shocking, like it was a totally different car or anything like that. At 800 miles I put a supercharger and headers on and it really woke up. Passengers that are use to normal cars are in for a shock because it's so different than say driving around in a honda/toyota. I feel really strange now driving our minivan which has 235HP and used to feel quite peppy but now seems very weak, so it's all relative to what you are used to driving.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #25
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerox View Post
I was thinking maybe do 15 hard drives on the highway and then head home and park it for the night. Repeat daily until I reach 500 miles and then just drive it normally.
This sounds good! I strongly recommend you do what you typed. From what I personally experienced, and from what Darin posted, the first 200 miles are very important. I went out on two separate occasions to "break in" my engine. The day I drove it home I immediately did around 10 hard "break-ins" on the highway. It added up to around 40 miles. Had there been no traffic on the highway, I would have done a LOT more. The second day I went nuts and did repeated hard "break-ins" for approx. 150 miles. Thank God I didn't have a passenger, 'cause they probably would have puked from all the accelerating and braking. I should note that I headed out at 1am and did this. No traffic in front or behind, so I turned the high beams on and went at it. You'll be VERY surprise how quickly 100 miles goes by even with all the braking! If you've got some remote highways, like I have, you can do this during the day without any problems.

If you follow the hard break-in method... don't be delicate. Don't redline it, but if you hit 6500 rpm the limiter will kick in anyway. Trust me, you'll freak when you hit above 5000 rpm but grin and bear it! It will become second nature to you before you know it. Even driving through city traffic you'll use the gears to get up to speed, then pop it into neutral and coast to the next stop sign or stoplight.

And, as always, if in doubt... follow the Owner's manual. The engineers didn't write it, but you can't go wrong by it. However, if you wish to try the "hard break-in" method, I wish you good fortune! I think you'll like the results! For me, I followed Darin's method and after around 200 miles I noticed the car "rumbled" more and the torque was stronger. My wife laughs, now, and says my Camaro reflects my personality. Attitude!

I've decided to follow this "style" of break-in until 2000 miles are up. From what Darin posted, the majority of break-in is already done... but I just want to make sure. At least, that's MY excuse!

Summary: Get used to the feel of your Camaro, then open her up. Day 1: as many "hard drives" as you can handle after you get used to her. No more than 50-75 miles at most, I'd say. Day 2: Repeat. but go for another 100 miles. Day 3 and onward: You can relax from all the repetitive "hard drives"... but follow that style. Accelerate, then coast... brake to stop. Take friends for a ride, show them the hard break-in method! All of that goes towards helping your engine break in "under load'. I'm at 1000 miles and I'm much more relaxed in my driving style now. My Camaro's a beast!

Last edited by Ravirn; 03-15-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Ravirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:10 AM   #26
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:

My eyes, my eyes...............as PQ said, "What has been seen cannot be unseen"...
And, what's up with that 'purple stick'...lol......
Sorry SSOOCH, just kiddin' with ya'...we love ya...
Old 03-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #27
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna;1590112And, what's up with that '[B
purple stick[/B]'...lol......
Sorry SSOOCH, just kiddin' with ya'...we love ya...

SSOOCH will never live it down... the purple stick!!! I'd forgotten about that!!

Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #28
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
Thanks Rav that was exactly what I needed to know

Cheers

ARGH I want to drive mine already The wait is killing me