Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I turn my computer on with a button
I turn my tv on with a button
I turn my oven on with a button
I turn my radio on with a button

I turn my car on with a key

From the looks of things, I'm in the minority on this but I don't want my car to be like every other appliance that I own. I want to be reminded that it is a machine, not a device.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #30
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
To me, how the electrical connection is made to turn the starter over is very very low on my list of concerns. Turning a key is fine with me, I've been doing it all my life and really, it is functional and convienient with the various positions.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #31
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
While I am a big fan of keeping it simple, I understand those that want the keyless start, especially if others could be driving the car.

Look around the key entry of door (if not remote unlock) and even around the ignition location you may see a lot of scratches from people that aren't as careful as 99.9999% of the members of this forum.

Since i will be the only person to ever drive my ZL1, I would prefer it if GM goes with the simple/effective/most cost efficient.
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #32
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magent...ech-st800.html

This group makes the push button start and someone on this website has got it on there car already.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #33
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
I think push button was cool 10 years ago when it was rare, now I just don't care. I liked the button on my s2000, that was a true push button like on a motorcycle. I wouldnt mind that one this car, but don't want a keyless one like the vettes and BMW etc
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #34
chewy8

Drives: 96 bonneville
just give me a key next people will want a button to open the front door on the house
chewy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #35
Country

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I Like The Key, Holding Access To All That Power In Your Hand! RAWR!
Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #36
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
When that happened, he had three cars (his a BMW 650, His wife's an Audi Q7 and his son BMW 135). I'm not sure which one, but I guess it was the 135 that he was working on.
His new Jag XK doesn't even start, if the key is more than 3 feet away, but I wonder what would happen if you start the car and take the key away from the car.
I'm not too crazy about keyless!

If you start it and walk away with they key, it won't let you put it in gear and it beeps to all hell. I hear it everytime I put gas in my wife's car cause I keep the keyfob in my pocket.
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #37
Caution

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M
Yeah and true factory made LED tail lights like almost every other new car out there, hell, the new Caravan has LEDs.

My wife's new Venza has push button start and she and I love it, no complaints what so ever. She leaves the keys in her purse, when she walks up on it the dome light comes on and just grab the handle and you are in, push button and go. Get out touch the handle and you are locked. Works flawlessly.
2SS/RS 6M MGW short throw shifter, ADM race cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Kooks 3 inch exhaust, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, Pedders radius arm bushing inserts, Stillen drilled and slotted rotors, "Mike the Powdercoater" yellow powdercoated Brembos, ADV.1 Wheels and Dunlop run flat tires, and VMAX ported throttle body
Caution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #38
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
How about starting the car with your smart phone? There have to be tech junkies out there that want this was well?

again, thats neat and all but I think it just drives up the cost for a car that is in a different genre.

This is a muscle car, I don't really need the gadgets as long as I get my ~570 hp.
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #39
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezerj View Post
How about starting the car with your smart phone?
Lol! You can if you have an auto with remote start and onstar!
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #40
XclusivEric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to XclusivEric
For all those that are hating on Push buttons.... Just want to share a little information.

Race cars are mostly push button starts. There is just something when you get behind the wheel of that car that makes you want to push in a clutch, push a button, mash that shifter in 1st, romp on the gas pedal, dump the clutch and go! For those of you who still want to fiddle faddle around with your massive amounts of keys (that actually also do damage to your ignition switch as the 5 pound wieghts dangle from you steering column over a period of time), stay in the right lane please as you are most likely going to get passed. You might as well carry that hand crank with you as you still live in the dark ages and are afraid of change. A push start is not problematic. The problem lies in the user who must feel the need to carry around a ton of keys they most of which they never use. Honestly I had 3 keys on my key fob. The key to my Camaro, the key to my Harley and my house key. On a separate keychain I carry the rest of my keys to the rest of my junk. Once you get yourself into a routine it really becomes quite natural. Yet then again, routines are also hard to break.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #41
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

I tend to go through life focused on one thing at a time. My mind is like a monorail - only one track. Because of this, I operate all other functions on what most would call auto-pilot.

My wife calls it being absent minded.

I try to tell her that geniuses are often absent minded.

My point is this, I will put my keys down in one of several appropriate places when I'm inside my home. To combat the annoyance of having to search for keys, I keep at least three full sets for myself, so standard keys would be my first choice.

Then again, if voice recognition software was included and I could simply tell the car to start, that would be cool. There would need to be a manual override datapad that could start the car by inputting a passcode. Perhaps the actor who voiced the original KITT could be hired for the car's responses and notifications.

I am only half joking.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #42
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusivEric View Post
For all those that are hating on Push buttons.... Just want to share a little information.

Race cars are mostly push button starts. There is just something when you get behind the wheel of that car that makes you want to push in a clutch, push a button, mash that shifter in 1st, romp on the gas pedal, dump the clutch and go! For those of you who still want to fiddle faddle around with your massive amounts of keys (that actually also do damage to your ignition switch as the 5 pound wieghts dangle from you steering column over a period of time), stay in the right lane please as you are most likely going to get passed. You might as well carry that hand crank with you as you still live in the dark ages and are afraid of change. A push start is not problematic. The problem lies in the user who must feel the need to carry around a ton of keys they most of which they never use. Honestly I had 3 keys on my key fob. The key to my Camaro, the key to my Harley and my house key. On a separate keychain I carry the rest of my keys to the rest of my junk. Once you get yourself into a routine it really becomes quite natural. Yet then again, routines are also hard to break.
You do realize that race cars dont have a key at all dont you. This is not a race car. It's kinda ironic that you talk about technology and staying in the right lane and dark ages and then talk about having a harley.

If I want push button start, I will buy a luxury car. I want this car to have as little in common with most of the cars people are saying they have(toyota, bmw, Nissan).
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, start button, zl1