Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
Fahad6

Drives: Camaro6 SS A8 Primary Cat deleted
Lightbulb Best intake ?

Hey guys , I would ask you a about the best performance intake ?
I am buying one of these 3 CAI please help.
1-Roto fab
2- Airaid
3 afe

Thanks.
Fahad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
Why not Cold Air Inductions? That should be one of the choices as well, in my opinion.

2010 2SS - Summit White - SOLD
CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Instagram: bravomyles
BravoMyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:19 PM   #3
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahad6 View Post
Hey guys , I would ask you a about the best performance intake ?
I am buying one of these 3 CAI please help.
1-Roto fab
2- Airaid
3 afe

Thanks.
What part of the Middle East are you from. I was looking at pictures of the Qatar Camaro club on FB and IG damn....those guys were rolling deep To answer your question though, Roto fab has been tested by several third parties already and it's the only one where there were actual gains on the dyno. It's also apparently the only one that doesn't skew the MAF readings as well. I'm surprised CAI is not on that list also. BadBowTies just tested that one on the track not too long ago and there was an improvement in quarter mile times with that intake. It looks like the whistle issue with it has been resolved. I had a CAI on my 5th gen and loved it. For the 5th gen JRE tested it and it was one of the best if not the best if you paired it with the racing scoop. Unfortunately, other than the runs at the track by BadBowTies, no other third party has verified that there was any improvement over stock or that it doesn't skew the MAF readings. Not sure about the other ones you mentioned. Kropscamaro has the AFE intake and he seems to like it. I don't know anyone that has airaid.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:27 PM   #4
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
CAI or Roto-Fab.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:02 AM   #5
Fahad6

Drives: Camaro6 SS A8 Primary Cat deleted
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
What part of the Middle East are you from. I was looking at pictures of the Qatar Camaro club on FB and IG damn....those guys were rolling deep To answer your question though, Roto fab has been tested by several third parties already and it's the only one where there were actual gains on the dyno. It's also apparently the only one that doesn't skew the MAF readings as well. I'm surprised CAI is not on that list also. BadBowTies just tested that one on the track not too long ago and there was an improvement in quarter mile times with that intake. It looks like the whistle issue with it has been resolved. I had a CAI on my 5th gen and loved it. For the 5th gen JRE tested it and it was one of the best if not the best if you paired it with the racing scoop. Unfortunately, other than the runs at the track by BadBowTies, no other third party has verified that there was any improvement over stock or that it doesn't skew the MAF readings. Not sure about the other ones you mentioned. Kropscamaro has the AFE intake and he seems to like it. I don't know anyone that has airaid.
I am from Saudi Arabia and going to attend with Qatar Camaro club, I know thay CAI is a great intake system but I like the look of the roto fab and the pthers I mentioned, Roto fab is the best choise for now because ordering an intake will cost me shipping because of my location so need the verified one.
Fahad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #6
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
CAI or Roto-Fab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahad6 View Post
I am from Saudi Arabia and going to attend with Qatar Camaro club, I know thay CAI is a great intake system but I like the look of the roto fab and the pthers I mentioned, Roto fab is the best choise for now because ordering an intake will cost me shipping because of my location so need the verified one.
Thanks for the info and support guys! Please let me know of you have any questions specific to our CAI.

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #7
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
ROTOFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB, it looks the best.
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #8
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
RotoFab, independently tested by several shops across the nation to be the #1 intake available.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Old 01-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
Rotofab is the only aftermarket I would go with, or just keep it stock with a K&N filter
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Best intake for the money is the stock one that came on the car. I haven't seen anything results that make me want to rush out and buy any of the aftermarket options, unless you are adding others things and changing the tune. If I did something, based on the current available options I would go with the rotofab.
steelheadrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #12
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The stock intake is a restriction once you start deviating from a bone stock setup. We've done back to back testing and RF clearly showed significant gains (10+ RW) with a ported IM/TB. FI shows gains of 30+ RW.

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #13
steelheadrob
Tactical Garage

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I must have missed the thread that showed a 30hp gain on a FI application. Can you point me to it? The thread I read on a maggie, showed 11hp gain at the top of the RPM range with little or negative gains through most of the band.
steelheadrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #14
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467569 - 40 hp gain over stock w/ Heartbeat supercharger

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473257 - 39 hp gain with LT4 supercharger.

I hope these help!
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 6th gen camaro, camaro, intake