Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #29
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Well...no, I wouldn't say they are all within a couple HP. Look at the CAI sheets that Jannetty racing made up and you'll see what I'm talking about. I went with the R2C because it makes decent power and was only $260ish.
The dyno is a tuning tool..... 6 years later nobody has done a real world test on the most talked about subject on Camaro 5. A stock Camaro with 4 of the most popular cai at a track. Until somebody can show me auctual time differences between a K@N and a CAI or anything else ......something other then internet number crunching ill stay with what I have. Real world performance and dyno numbers are two different things.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #30
FUEGO
BEASST

Drives: Murderd convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The dyno is a tuning tool..... 6 years later nobody has done a real world test on the most talked about subject on Camaro 5. A stock Camaro with 4 of the most popular cai at a track. Until somebody can show me auctual time differences between a K@N and a CAI or anything else ......something other then internet number crunching ill stay with what I have. Real world performance and dyno numbers are two different things.

That's true... nobody is going to have the fastest Camaro on the road with just an intake so i would rather spread the money out across the table and combine mods for the greater purpose rather than go all in on one mod that cost the most.. unless I was rich and obviously were not or we would be on a Bugatti or McLaren website modding our cars but we're not.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:50 PM   #31
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
Fit and finish are perfect you cant really make that call if you havent inspected it in person and I definitely hear where your coming from i dont want to "take away" from the guys who are willing to dish out $300 for a simple filter and pipe bud my objective was to add more air and it does exactly that
You get what you pay for! Your assumption, that everything is all made the same or that it performs just the same is laughable! Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. If you're happy with your purchase, great. Just don't try to justify your cheap ass, by saying "every air intake is the same".
Old 09-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #32
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbroshi View Post
As far as pricing goes, I found my K&N Blackhawk for $230 (shipped) from Autoanything when they had a good sale. Like you, I thought the intakes are all within a couple hp of each other, so the deciding factors for me were looks and price.
At the time that was the lowest price I could find for a well known brand so I grabbed it. If I'd seen yours I probably would've grabbed it since I love red.

Jeez you got a steal my man I would have bought that sucker just to re sale it. My buddy has the BlackHawk it looks nice but i definitely think the red on mine gives my rather stock engine bay some character
Old 09-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #33
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
You get what you pay for! Your assumption, that everything is all made the same or that it performs just the same is laughable! Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. If you're happy with your purchase, great. Just don't try to justify your cheap ass, by saying "every air intake is the same".

Obviously you didn't read the forum I CLEARLY said every intake is gona perform differently on each car but the part itself the design they are all basicly the same dude I dont know why your mad at me for saving $100 its my car and if "you get what you pay for" why don't your "NON - Cheap ass" get off MY thread and go buy a GTR you douche bag the camaro is 30k a GTR is more than double that price but i thought you get what you pay for?????
Old 09-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #34
CreeperRS

Quote:
Obviously you didn't read the forum I CLEARLY said every intake is gona perform differently on each car but the part itself the design they are all basicly the same dude I dont know why your mad at me for saving $100 its my car and if "you get what you pay for" why don't your "NON - Cheap ass" get off MY thread and go buy a GTR you douche bag the camaro is 30k a GTR is more than double that price but i thought you get what you pay for?????
Mad? Don't get all bent out of shape! LOL. The GTR is not the most expensive car there is, for your info, I can afford one, I don't know about you ? My 1LE was $48K. So if you paid $30K, you can afford a better intake CHEAP ASS!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #35
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Mad? Don't get all bent out of shape! LOL. The GTR is not the most expensive car there is, for your info, I can afford one, I don't know about you ? My 1LE was $48K. So if you paid $30K, you can afford a better intake CHEAP ASS!

Even if you bought a z28 its still cheaper than a GTR your contradicting yourself if you get what you pay for and that's your life's motto then you should always buy the most expensive thing and OBVIOUSLY your no where near that bud. Thanks for your input though im gona take my cheap ass and my $100 and go throw it out my car with the top down while I wave to your girlfriend. Wait your from San Diego you probly have a boyfriend. Who drives a mustang.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:09 PM   #36
CreeperRS

What? Now you're just talking out your ass. 1LE, is not an entry level Camaro, so your wannabe reverse psychology doesn't apply here. You ask for opinions, and everyone gave you theirs. You just got butt hurt because everyone here calls it like it is. Yeah, I doubt your cheap ass can afford to drive all the way down to SD. Talk about being gay, you're from Sacktown, it's ok, you can come out the closet! Apparently I struck a nerve, so, like I said earlier, if you like what you bought, fine. Just don't try to imply every air intake are designed and perform the same.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #37
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Wow, this thread took a turn for the awesome.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #38
RichSS2006

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmr2 View Post
Wow, this thread took a turn for the awesome.
Yeah, right into the gutter.

Alright...everybody lets all go out and buy the most expensive Intake that we can find...

Let this thread die already!
Old 09-22-2016, 05:28 PM   #39
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSS2006 View Post
Oh and the extra cost is for the plexiglass window with quick release fasteners that really don't fit that well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but it does look nice! The quick release fasteners DO fit well after they have been in place for several days.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #40
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSS2006 View Post
Yeah, right into the gutter.

Alright...everybody lets all go out and buy the most expensive Intake that we can find...

Let this thread die already!

Lol right? Ill be on the lookout for a gold plated cold air intake
Old 09-22-2016, 06:12 PM   #41
CreeperRS

Quote:
Lol right? Ill be on the lookout for a gold plated cold air intake
Who are you kidding? You won't be able to afford one!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:14 PM   #42
FUEGO
BEASST

Im also on the hunt for a "strong" MAF sensor.. Any vendors? Or if you guys bought one let me know who's got them!

Tags
af dynamic, intake