Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 09-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #71
TimsZ28

Drives: '16 2SS, '14 Z71
Okay. Update.

I had a good conversation with Brandon @ Marylandspeed.
I was okay with the wait as 'I did read and agree to his disclaimer(he hid nothing from me), I received a discount worthy of a wait, I knew he was going to wait on a group order. I had emailed him last week and was told we should see some movement in a week. Then I emailed him again this week. About the same time I found this thread and It filled my head with a lot of worry that my product will never show up and I just blew my money. Being who I am started reacting and adding to this thread rather than waiting like I was.

After talking to him I do feel more comfortable with my initial decision. I can understand what he is trying to do and I deal with similar situation's daily at my work. It is not an easy task to compete in the world we live in today. I am and have always been a sucker for a nice discount. I wasn't in a big hurry or I would have backed out after he told me there would be a delay in shipping.

Where he and I differed initially was what a 'comfortable delay' was in my mind vs his mind. For me month(s) is not comfortable delay. (we are not at month(S) now but 1 month this week and stated to make me wonder if I made the right call) Weeks, I am and I was cool with, shoot I didn't even bother emailing him for three weeks and sent a calm email asking for an update initially...

After another week past and then finding this thread, honesty I got a little worried and let my reactive side take over. As you can see in my post from yesterday I was still cool with receiving notice of shipment soon and I would be a happy camper in the end.

I can see his side of trying to compete with huge retailers and pull in customers he would have never been able to pull without his disclaimer and discount.

In the end of the conversation I was promised verbally that I will see shipment on some of my order next week and he will be working on another part very shortly. If there is a need for me to go back to that reactive person, believe me I will update you all.

Till then I am back to my comfortable mindset that I agreed I was not in a rush (I did) and was rewarded with a discount for it. I am a man of my word and I really was more interested in the $$ off than the speedy shipment. That I never denied. I just let this thread change my thought process to a worry that my products may never show. Hopefully this post will be my last about this and my parts will be on the way in short order. =)

Last edited by TimsZ28; 09-22-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #72
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
I don't think you guys will have any issue filing a dispute.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
Old 09-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #73
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
When it comes down to it, Maryland Speed has been offering great parts at even better prices for years. Everyone has a hick up now and again and if stuff is taking a little bit longer than originally quoted be understanding. I can't speak for the supposed months and months of waiting that some have quoted here, but I've bought a number of items from Maryland Speed over the years and don't see a real reason to stop now. My headers took an extra week to get here, big deal. I got free ceramic coating so it was worth the extra wait IMO. In the end some of this BBB and MD attorney general crap is a little extreme. These guys do a good job, cut them a little slack and if something isn't to your 100% satisfaction leave the torches and pitchforks at home unless they REALLY ripped you off which a little bit of extra waiting isn't that. Just my $0.02.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #74
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsZ28 View Post
Okay. Update.

I had a good conversation with Brandon @ Marylandspeed.
I was okay with the wait as 'I did read and agree to his disclaimer(he hid nothing from me), I received a discount worthy of a wait, I knew he was going to wait on a group order. I had emailed him last week and was told we should see some movement in a week. Then I emailed him again this week. About the same time I found this thread and It filled my head with a lot of worry that my product will never show up and I just blew my money. Being who I am started reacting and adding to this thread rather than waiting like I was.

After talking to him I do feel more comfortable with my initial decision. I can understand what he is trying to do and I deal with similar situation's daily at my work. It is not an easy task to compete in the world we live in today. I am and have always been a sucker for a nice discount. I wasn't in a big hurry or I would have backed out after he told me there would be a delay in shipping.

Where he and I differed initially was what a 'comfortable delay' was in my mind vs his mind. For me month(s) is not comfortable delay. (we are not at month(S) now but 1 month this week and stated to make me wonder if I made the right call) Weeks, I am and I was cool with, shoot I didn't even bother emailing him for three weeks and sent a calm email asking for an update initially...

After another week past and then finding this thread, honesty I got a little worried and let my reactive side take over. As you can see in my post from yesterday I was still cool with receiving notice of shipment soon and I would be a happy camper in the end.

I can see his side of trying to compete with huge retailers and pull in customers he would have never been able to pull without his disclaimer and discount.

In the end of the conversation I was promised verbally that I will see shipment on some of my order next week and he will be working on another part very shortly. If there is a need for me to go back to that reactive person, believe me I will update you all.

Till then I am back to my comfortable mindset that I agreed I was not in a rush (I did) and was rewarded with a discount for it. I am a man of my word and I really was more interested in the $$ off than the speedy shipment. That I never denied. I just let this thread change my thought process to a worry that my products may never show. Hopefully this post will be my last about this and my parts will be on the way in short order. =)
Yeah, that's the conversation that he and I had on July 19th, two months after my initial order and two months before I filed a dispute with my credit card company (and he refuses to issue a refund if I have a pending dispute). I never did get verification of any movement. After 17 weeks, I refused to wait any longer and ordered from someone who had a set in stock.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #75
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Yeah, that's the conversation that he and I had on July 19th, two months after my initial order and two months before I filed a dispute with my credit card company (and he refuses to issue a refund if I have a pending dispute). I never did get verification of any movement. After 17 weeks, I refused to wait any longer and ordered from someone who had a set in stock.
I don't blame him for not using a refund with a pending dispute. If he issued the refund and the cc company refunded you, he'd be out double.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #76
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I don't blame him for not using a refund with a pending dispute. If he issued the refund and the cc company refunded you, he'd be out double.
This is an example of what we go off of.

https://chargebacks911.com/knowledge...ouble-refunds/

Basically once you say “I have filed a dispute” it puts things in no mans land and we put the pencil down. People think they can just say “I contacted my bank” and that means we immediately refund to avoid it. Generally I would rather issue a refund than end up with a chargeback. However if there is evidence a chargeback is coming through no matter what (I.e. you say you disputed the charge already), I would rather pay whatever fee than be out double a multi thousand dollar chargeback for several weeks till I get the paperwork and refund. Especially when we currently win 80% of chargebacks. Basically if you want to threaten a chargeback I will likely refund to avoid it. However go nuclear and do a chargeback then ask for a refund after the fact, I will respond through the process you started.

We don’t get many chargebacks....but I will say anyone who is following the just “dispute the charge” to solve the issue would be surprised actual outcomes.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #77
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Also I strongly encourage anyone who has questions about how we do business to contact me. If you want Parts immediately we can do that, but there is basically no discounting..like many competitors. If you want the best price by far and have some patience we can really help. I am the first to admit however severe price cutting does limit what tools we have to make an unhappy customer happy. Our discounting and how we discount is NOT for everyone.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:12 PM   #78
reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
When it comes down to it, Maryland Speed has been offering great parts at even better prices for years. Everyone has a hick up now and again and if stuff is taking a little bit longer than originally quoted be understanding. I can't speak for the supposed months and months of waiting that some have quoted here, but I've bought a number of items from Maryland Speed over the years and don't see a real reason to stop now. My headers took an extra week to get here, big deal. I got free ceramic coating so it was worth the extra wait IMO. In the end some of this BBB and MD attorney general crap is a little extreme. These guys do a good job, cut them a little slack and if something isn't to your 100% satisfaction leave the torches and pitchforks at home unless they REALLY ripped you off which a little bit of extra waiting isn't that. Just my $0.02.
Wait a 'little longer? Try months....

When your our $1800 for many months and have been lied to repeatedly about delivery times or getting a refund you might think differently.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 09-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #79
reeper

Bla bla bla.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
This is an example of what we go off of.

https://chargebacks911.com/knowledge...ouble-refunds/

Basically once you say “I have filed a dispute” it puts things in no mans land and we put the pencil down. People think they can just say “I contacted my bank” and that means we immediately refund to avoid it. Generally I would rather issue a refund than end up with a chargeback. However if there is evidence a chargeback is coming through no matter what (I.e. you say you disputed the charge already), I would rather pay whatever fee than be out double a multi thousand dollar chargeback for several weeks till I get the paperwork and refund. Especially when we currently win 80% of chargebacks. Basically if you want to threaten a chargeback I will likely refund to avoid it. However go nuclear and do a chargeback then ask for a refund after the fact, I will respond through the process you started.

We don’t get many chargebacks....but I will say anyone who is following the just “dispute the charge” to solve the issue would be surprised actual outcomes.
How can you say 'we don't get many chargeback'? This whole thread as well as others on other forums tell a much different story. Based on my experience with your company I'm used to half truths and lies so that comment doesn't surprise me.

I asked for a refund and played games with you for a couple weeks after a date you promised to refund by -
A date you had in writing btw. You appear to lie about giving refunds even when threatened with customers calling their cc company and seem perfectly fine sucking up the chargeback fees. Seems to me this is more your business model - stick it to whoever and make them call their their cc company to dispute. I'm sure your hope is the customer decides to wait vs. go through the hassle of dispute.

Your right, your way of doing business isn't for everyone, probably for most.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 09-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #80
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Wait a 'little longer? Try months....

When your our $1800 for many months and have been lied to repeatedly about delivery times or getting a refund you might think differently.
It takes a 5 minute search on the forums to figure out that Borla has had issues with their valved systems and repeatedly delayed them. No one has lied to you. They have been in and out of production on and off all year.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:02 AM   #81
reeper

Quote:
It takes a 5 minute search on the forums to figure out that Borla has had issues with their valved systems and repeatedly delayed them. No one has lied to you. They have been in and out of production on and off all year.
Give it up man, your just digging a deeper hole. If it was that easy to figure out you sure didn't mention it when I wanted to cancel mid-August. You told me you thought 'any day'

I actually called Borla to find out what was going on.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Old 09-23-2017, 06:52 AM   #82
Pete C7

Drives: 2015 Corvette C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
How can you say 'we don't get many chargeback'? This whole thread as well as others on other forums tell a much different story. Based on my experience with your company I'm used to half truths and lies so that comment doesn't surprise me.

I asked for a refund and played games with you for a couple weeks after a date you promised to refund by -
A date you had in writing btw. You appear to lie about giving refunds even when threatened with customers calling their cc company and seem perfectly fine sucking up the chargeback fees. Seems to me this is more your business model - stick it to whoever and make them call their their cc company to dispute. I'm sure your hope is the customer decides to wait vs. go through the hassle of dispute.

Your right, your way of doing business isn't for everyone, probably for most.
Reeper, you are 100% correct. This is exactly the way Maryland Speed does business.

Branden's posts in this thread urging customers to contact him, when they've already done that countless times to no effect, and then complaining about chargebacks as he ignores their requests for a refund, are laughable.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #83
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Also I strongly encourage anyone who has questions about how we do business to contact me. If you want Parts immediately we can do that, but there is basically no discounting..like many competitors. If you want the best price by far and have some patience we can really help. I am the first to admit however severe price cutting does limit what tools we have to make an unhappy customer happy. Our discounting and how we discount is NOT for everyone.
Everybody... read this ^^^. It's not complicated.

If you want huge discounts... who doesn't?... you'll get them but the trade off is you may have to wait. Sometimes the wait is long. I waited three months for Kooks headers and, given the price, I was OK with that.

If you are the kind of person who doesn't like to wait, or gets upset when the wait is longer than you were told, then pay full price and you'll get it quickly.

Simple.

Quality parts / Fast delivery / Low price - You generally only get to pick two.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:23 AM   #84
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
I'm ok with waiting, to a point. But when you're constantly told, "another two weeks", "they should be on the shipment this Friday", "there's no way it'll be another two months", it becomes a bit much. In my case, I pulled the plug at 17 weeks, at which point I still had ZERO movement.

Closed Thread