Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 04-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #15
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Troll?
Maryland speed has been very quick for me.
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #16
jsquad

Drives: 2014 1SS
Ordered intake and headers same day, had the intake the very next day. Headers took 4 weeks, but they were on back order so no big deal there at all. I called at 3 weeks for an update, they were super friendly and kept me fully informed.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #17
yenkostyle

Drives: 2015 1LE
What's the old saying...."fast, cheap,relaible...pick two" that's why I have no issues with the waiting for my coated headers. The price was amazing but with the good price comes a longer wait. Some people just don't think this way.

Last edited by yenkostyle; 04-26-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #18
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
We have 1-3 lines that are bad right now with delays. The rest is shipping very quick.

On all Kooks products, the delay is noted in the shipping/manuf. notes tab of each product description, the order terms you agree to at checkout, and we send you an email. Plus if you call and order over the phone, it discussed and put on your invoices. The only places that have Kooks in stock right now do because they charge a ton.

If you call here wanting to throw money around, and pay the same as everyone else charges, we would be glad to find a way to get your order to you faster. However on the free coating/discounted orders, we have to wait for stock to come in for it to make sense for us.

A lot of these lines are hand made 10-30 units at a time. So when you hit the busy time of the year, more gets sold than can be made and a running backorder happens. Throw in, we are the only place that offers reasonably price coating, and that can double ETAs.

If you watch our marketing, we practically beg people to order in the fall and winter because things are slow then and orders are filled faster. However it is the same every year, people order headers when it is warm, and their tax return hits, and get mad they have to wait.

One thing people don't get, which is super frustrating is the only way to prevent backorders is charge more. I could charge more, make the same money, and sell a bit less. The backorder would go away pretty fast. I don't want to do that because I like bringing people value to my customers....but threads like this are disheartening. It straight makes you want to find out who placed the order, cancel it, and refund them, so they can go pay more to have the same wait elsewhere.

We did recently have scenario where the stepped headers Kooks only makes or us were backordered for a few months. The issue there is we will have 3 sit on the shelf for 3 months, then all the sudden you sell 10. Then we have to order more and that took a while. They are in stock now however and shipping immediatly.

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 04-26-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #19
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
My SP headers and cats came quick, however my cousins solo performance exhaust for his mustang did take awhile...
Solo had a backorder on Mustang exhausts because they had an unforseen rush pop up in Feb.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #20
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
No complaints what so ever with Maryland Speed. Kooks Long tube 1 7/8 coated. Plus HFC my preference made & coated in America made great package deal. Took 1 day short of 4 weeks just what they quoted me. Keep me up to date every time I called them. And answered all my pm's.

Would buy from them again no hesitation. Thxs again Maryland Speed.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:18 PM   #21
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
We have 1-3 lines that are bad right now with delays. The rest is shipping very quick.

On all Kooks products, the delay is noted in the shipping/manuf. notes tab of each product description, the order terms you agree to at checkout, and we send you an email. Plus if you call and order over the phone, it discussed and put on your invoices. The only places that have Kooks in stock right now do because they charge a ton.

If you call here wanting to throw money around, and pay the same as everyone else charges, we would be glad to find a way to get your order to you faster. However on the free coating/discounted orders, we have to wait for stock to come in for it to make sense for us.

A lot of these lines are hand made 10-30 units at a time. So when you hit the busy time of the year, more gets sold than can be made and a running backorder happens. Throw in, we are the only place that offers reasonably price coating, and that can double ETAs.

If you watch our marketing, we practically beg people to order in the fall and winter because things are slow then and orders are filled faster. However it is the same every year, people order headers when it is warm, and their tax return hits, and get made they have to wait.

One thing people don't get, which is super frustrating is the only way to prevent backorders is charge more. I could charge more, make the same money, and sell a bit less. The backorder would go away pretty fast. I don't want to do that because I like bringing people value to my customers....but threads like this are disheartening. It straight makes you want to find out who placed the order, cancel it, and refund them, so they can go pay more to have the same wait elsewhere.

We did recently have scenario where the stepped headers Kooks only makes or us were backordered for a few months. The issue there is we will have 3 sit on the shelf for 3 months, then all the sudden you sell 10. Then we have to order more and that took a while. They are in stock now however and shipping immediatly.
You tell them!! I'll keep ordering from you guys because like you said, you like to bring value to the customers. Everything shy of a Bo White throttle body, which I ordered from Bo direct, and my cold air intake on this car, which I bought used from the forums, I've ordered from you and I will continue to order from you. Keep up the awesome prices and service!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 04-29-2016, 05:47 AM   #22
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:

If you watch our marketing, we practically beg people to order in the fall and winter because things are slow then and orders are filled faster. However it is the same every year, people order headers when it is warm, and their tax return hits, and get mad they have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You tell them!! I'll keep ordering from you guys because like you said, you like to bring value to the customers. Everything shy of a Bo White throttle body, which I ordered from Bo direct, and my cold air intake on this car, which I bought used from the forums, I've ordered from you and I will continue to order from you. Keep up the awesome prices and service!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 04-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #23
lou36

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
i ordered a CAI recharge kit March 25th and never received it after 4 phone calls and no results i finally got them to cancel my order yesterday April 29 over a month later. i will never use them again.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:11 PM   #24
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I feel for you guys that aren't getting your parts in a timely manner. I absolutely HATE when I order a part from someone who claims to have it in stock, but then it turns out they are just an order taker and the parts drop ship from somewhere else.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:11 PM   #25
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou36 View Post
i ordered a CAI recharge kit March 25th and never received it after 4 phone calls and no results i finally got them to cancel my order yesterday April 29 over a month later. i will never use them again.
CAI cleaning kits are on national backorder. CAI does not have them. We ordered over a dozen a month ago. They claimed they were shipping last week, but they did not.

It's not like we are holding things up or playing games over a $20 cleaning kit. If it were a large brand like K&N we could get it from a wholesaler as a stoppage. CAI only comes from CAI.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:33 PM   #26
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
I feel for you guys that aren't getting your parts in a timely manner. I absolutely HATE when I order a part from someone who claims to have it in stock, but then it turns out they are just an order taker and the parts drop ship from somewhere else.
You are not ordering many aftermarket parts then. Even Amazon dropships a ton of parts. I doubt any vendor here has a dropship rate less than 80% of their orders. I always laugh because people are so quick to bash something that helps them normally the second it does not go their way. Dropshipping works FOR them in most cases. For instance, I can ship a brand like Borla from my warehouse, Borla's warehouse, or 8 wholesalers. Backorders are much lower than if it can only come from my warehouse because I have so many sources. That means when it is on backorder, it really is...a lot of people don't have it. Not only that..if we are dealing with a wholesaler, they often have multiple warehouses around the country. I can't tell you how many times we have customers on the west coast get parts in 1-2 days because we used a wholesaler with a warehouse there..where if I were only shipping from my warehouse it will take a week. Dropshipping works until everyone runs out of stock.

The "order taker" thing is funny. Go to your local speed shop and try to order the stuff we sell. You will thumb through some catalogs, pick parts out, pay them, and be told to come back in a week. That is because they stock nothing and have to order it from the same places we do.

One other factor is not everything sells all the time. For instance..I would say 20% of the parts on our site we regularly sell. 30% seldom sell (1-2 a month). The rest seldom or has never sold. So if we are gonna limit what we list on our site to only what is on hand...that would be determined by what parts sell and lead to much smaller selection.

The only places that actually only sell what they have on their shelf is Summit and Jegs. That is because they are actually wholesalers that sell direct to the public. Summit for instance also sells under the name Atech..and pretty much every speed shop out their has an account with them. The downside though is they charge more because they have to protect their wholesale business. No speedshop would want to buy from ATECH if they sold parts cheaper to the public through Summit.

In terms of saying it is "in stock"...our website does not use those words anywhere. I had that custom coded. Most shopping cart software however is in stock (on), or out of stock (off). This does not really account for dropshipping, which 90% of the time
Old 05-01-2016, 09:24 AM   #27
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
You are not ordering many aftermarket parts then. Even Amazon dropships a ton of parts. I doubt any vendor here has a dropship rate less than 80% of their orders. I always laugh because people are so quick to bash something that helps them normally the second it does not go their way. Dropshipping works FOR them in most cases. For instance, I can ship a brand like Borla from my warehouse, Borla's warehouse, or 8 wholesalers. Backorders are much lower than if it can only come from my warehouse because I have so many sources. That means when it is on backorder, it really is...a lot of people don't have it. Not only that..if we are dealing with a wholesaler, they often have multiple warehouses around the country. I can't tell you how many times we have customers on the west coast get parts in 1-2 days because we used a wholesaler with a warehouse there..where if I were only shipping from my warehouse it will take a week. Dropshipping works until everyone runs out of stock.

The "order taker" thing is funny. Go to your local speed shop and try to order the stuff we sell. You will thumb through some catalogs, pick parts out, pay them, and be told to come back in a week. That is because they stock nothing and have to order it from the same places we do.

One other factor is not everything sells all the time. For instance..I would say 20% of the parts on our site we regularly sell. 30% seldom sell (1-2 a month). The rest seldom or has never sold. So if we are gonna limit what we list on our site to only what is on hand...that would be determined by what parts sell and lead to much smaller selection.

The only places that actually only sell what they have on their shelf is Summit and Jegs. That is because they are actually wholesalers that sell direct to the public. Summit for instance also sells under the name Atech..and pretty much every speed shop out their has an account with them. The downside though is they charge more because they have to protect their wholesale business. No speedshop would want to buy from ATECH if they sold parts cheaper to the public through Summit.

In terms of saying it is "in stock"...our website does not use those words anywhere. I had that custom coded. Most shopping cart software however is in stock (on), or out of stock (off). This does not really account for dropshipping, which 90% of the time
:thumbs:

This is so true! If I need a part quickly I usually call the supplier first to find out if the part is in stock. This way there are no surprises down the road. We have turned into a society of instant gratification and if we don't get our way we can go online and complain. Granted, every shop is going to have issues once in a while but shops like Maryland Speed normally communicate with you and explain where the delay is.

I have used vendors who are sponsors here on Camaro5 and have nothing but horrible service but I don't bash them on the forums, I just don't use them again. Rant over....

U.S. Army Retired
Old 05-04-2016, 12:17 PM   #28
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
It probably depends on whether the item is in stock and who is it shipping from. I have full faith in Maryland Speed, always have. Great service when I've ordered from them.

1100 - 3/23/2023
2000 - 3/27/2023
3000 - 3/28/2023
3400 - 4/12/2023 — 4/24 TPW
3800 - 4/28/2023
5000 - 5/30/2023
6000 - 6/03/2023

2020 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L Black

Closed Thread