Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #15
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I’ve heard some mixed things about the oil-less turbos. Anybody have experience with them ?
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #16
Huron Speed

Drives: 2012 45th SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
I’ve heard some mixed things about the oil-less turbos. Anybody have experience with them ?
I run them on all of my personal vehicles and absolutely love them! Installation is much easier, no tapping into the engines oil system, no worries of leaking oil, smokey turbos, etc. No scavenge pumps, no electrical harness for the pumps, etc etc.

I have ran them on my personal daily driver silverado, previous 5th gen Camaro, now our 6th gen ZL1 that is making 1258 rwhp, as well as some previous 4th gen Trans Am projects. These are all personal use and I continue going back to using them on each project! Comp is also excellent to work with!
Huron Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #17
Huron Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbrentx View Post
I'm interested 2016 Camaro 2ss convertible stock bottom end.gm performance intake and tune though.kaltech ported stock throttle body.in Canada
No problem shipping to Canada, kits in stock!

Jon@HuronSpeed.com
Old 01-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #18
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
I think Comp had some issues when they first released them years ago but from what I have read they have worked all of the bugs out them now. I'll know shortly when my car is back up and running with one of these kits on it.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:14 AM   #19
Huron Speed

Bump!
Old 01-22-2020, 09:59 AM   #20
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
We need more turbos around here!

I love the idea of Oil-Less turbos. At first I was thinking why bother if you have to run coolant lines instead but coolant lines really are easier to run than oil lines. No return pump, no wiring, no timer, no check valves, no risk of a failed return pump...
Old 01-23-2020, 07:24 AM   #21
Huron Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
We need more turbos around here!

I love the idea of Oil-Less turbos. At first I was thinking why bother if you have to run coolant lines instead but coolant lines really are easier to run than oil lines. No return pump, no wiring, no timer, no check valves, no risk of a failed return pump...
You got it, so much easier! Tap into (2) rubber heater coolant hoses with our supplied Tee fittings. Don't even have to worry about slopes or uphill runs as it all stays pressurized, very easy!

Now they have the air cooled version which also eliminates the coolant hoses!
Old 01-23-2020, 08:42 AM   #22
Umbriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huron Speed View Post
You got it, so much easier! Tap into (2) rubber heater coolant hoses with our supplied Tee fittings. Don't even have to worry about slopes or uphill runs as it all stays pressurized, very easy!

Now they have the air cooled version which also eliminates the coolant hoses!
How often do the oil less and/or the air cooled turbos need to be serviced or rebuilt?
Old 01-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #23
Huron Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
How often do the oil less and/or the air cooled turbos need to be serviced or rebuilt?
2-3 pumps of their grease every 2-3k miles. Easy just to do that with your oil changes and keep it simple
Old 01-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #24
Umbriel

Quote:
2-3 pumps of their grease every 2-3k miles. Easy just to do that with your oil changes and keep it simple
Is that on the oil less AND air cooled or just the air cooled? I am trying to get all of the info I need for this build so I don't destroy anything, never used oil less turbos before.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #25
Huron Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
Is that on the oil less AND air cooled or just the air cooled? I am trying to get all of the info I need for this build so I don't destroy anything, never used oil less turbos before.
Its for both.

Oil-less and Air-cooled both use the same center grease set-up, they just go about cooling it in different methods. The standard Oil-less set-up uses coolant to cool the center where as the air-cooled uses air from the back side of the compressor wheel to cool the center (air temp off the back side on the compressor is roughly half the front side)
Old 01-23-2020, 02:47 PM   #26
Umbriel

Quote:
Its for both.

Oil-less and Air-cooled both use the same center grease set-up, they just go about cooling it in different methods. The standard Oil-less set-up uses coolant to cool the center where as the air-cooled uses air from the back side of the compressor wheel to cool the center (air temp off the back side on the compressor is roughly half the front side)
Awesome thanks for the info. I guess I can purchase the grease through you? Or do I need to contact Comp for it?
Old 01-23-2020, 06:19 PM   #27
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I have some additional questions:
1) Can I get a system with cats or do I have to fab this portion myself?
2) I do not want the gates dumping to atmosphere, can I get the kit with them plumbed back into the down pipe.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #28
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
Interested!! as I have a Itch to build something with a turbo.