Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #85
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
you should always ask which camaro for the trailer...? house comes first.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #86
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I've had my eye's on a trailer for awhile now but I keep bouncing between an enclosed or a open trailer especially for piece of mind on longer trips.

Mike I really like your winch setup on your tilt and look for more feedback on if you need any additional ramps/shoring to clear your ZLE front splitter while loading and to see if you have to remove the winch with the car loaded and secured.

This is one that I looked at locally but it's a 18' Aluma 8218 tilt but I wonder if a 20' would be better.
This is exactly the same one I purchased. I went 18 due to some tight backing turns down my driveway and it works perfectly. You will need race ramps with at least 5" lift since the angle is just a bit too steep at the bottom for a ZLE. 20' will give a slight better angle but ramps are still needed. Aluma does have a brand new version of the tilt that actually has ramps and rear stabilizers with it for low cars.

No need to remove the winch. It stays in place and the battery fits nicely inside the storage box. The tip of the ZLE splitter comes down right where the tilt split is on the trailer. 5k winch is working hard at a couple points which I don't like and due to ZLE tow hook on the right it will wind up on one side if you don't manage it.

It's really easy and fast to drive up on so probably won't use the winch except in case of emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
you should always ask which camaro for the trailer...? house comes first.
I tried this trailer before buying. The best way to do it.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:06 PM   #87
70rsz28

Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Nice trailer , love the lights ...I have been toying with the idea , which trailer to get ....open or closed ..then need a new truck ..will only tow a couple times of the year to a couple of Camaro shows .. enclosed benefit
is that it becomes a garage but has a price for that ...great thread
70rsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #88
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rsz28 View Post
Nice trailer , love the lights ...I have been toying with the idea , which trailer to get ....open or closed ..then need a new truck ..will only tow a couple times of the year to a couple of Camaro shows .. enclosed benefit
I have both. Which one I use depends on how much crap I’m bringing and whether or not I want the AC (sleeping in trailer vs hotel and just nice for hot events). My truck is an 8.1L gasser too. Tows the 12k weight of the enclosed+car+crap just fine but at 6mpg vs 9-10 with the open (5300lbs trailer+car). Truck gets 11 without a trailer....
Attached Images

HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:29 AM   #89
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rsz28 View Post
Thanks,

...and truck is why I didn't get enclosed... would have to upgrade that too.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:50 AM   #90
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
This is exactly the same one I purchased. I went 18 due to some tight backing turns down my driveway and it works perfectly. You will need race ramps with at least 5" lift since the angle is just a bit too steep at the bottom for a ZLE. 20' will give a slight better angle but ramps are still needed. Aluma does have a brand new version of the tilt that actually has ramps and rear stabilizers with it for low cars.

No need to remove the winch. It stays in place and the battery fits nicely inside the storage box. The tip of the ZLE splitter comes down right where the tilt split is on the trailer. 5k winch is working hard at a couple points which I don't like and due to ZLE tow hook on the right it will wind up on one side if you don't manage it.

It's really easy and fast to drive up on so probably won't use the winch except in case of emergency.

I tried this trailer before buying. The best way to do it.
Great feedback... Thanks Mike!!
Old 12-26-2020, 09:42 AM   #91
TBZ06

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Nice trailer.
I am curious if you are close to the Tampa / Clearwater Area. I just sold my Sundowner Aluminum trailer because I could not open the doors when I loaded my ZL1 Camaro. I have looked at the Futura trailers online, but I would like to see one in person sometime.

Thanks,
Tim Blackmon
TBZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:59 AM   #92
m3bs

Drives: '19 ZLE, S54 E36M3
I looked at the Futura but was concerned about durability of the lifting mechanism. I went with the 18’ Aluma tilt with the ramps and rear stands. ZLE drives right on. BMW race car still needs boards to clear the leading edge of the ramp. The 18 is really closer to a 20 foot fixed deck. It’s about 4 ft longer overall than my 17.5 Featherlite.
m3bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #93
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I looked at Futura but the closest dealer was 1000 miles away as there are none in New England. I ended up going with an all aluminum 16’ Cargo Pro and it’s so light you really don’t even know you’re towing it.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2021, 12:19 AM   #94
JerseySS1le

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Old thread, new trailer

I finally got a truck that can tow my Camaro and a trailer, a Ram 1500 V8. I really wanted a Futura but good luck finding one, new or used. It seems that late fall at the earliest and most likely, next year would be the soonest I could get one. I have been searching for something else when I came across a great Futura alternative. It is basically a copy of a Futura made by a company called Timpte. I hadn't heard of them but some of you may know that they specialize in aluminum semi trailers.

It works just like a Futura. I picked it up a few weeks ago and used it for the first time the following week to take my SS 1LE to Watkins Glen.

So for those of you that are looking for a good drop trailer, this might be an option for you.
Attached Images

JerseySS1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:57 PM   #95
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
That's pretty cool. Good looking trailer.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:24 PM   #96
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Ditto... that's a great trailer and doesn't need a super powerful winch either.

I'm guessing the battery is in the storage box. I also like where they put the spare out of the way from strapping the car down.
Old 08-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #97
JerseySS1le

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Ditto... that's a great trailer and doesn't need a super powerful winch either.

I'm guessing the battery is in the storage box. I also like where they put the spare out of the way from strapping the car down.
Yes, the battery is in the front storage compartment. I had them add the winch so the put a larger battery to run both the bed and the winch.

I used the winch to load the car the first time since I was alone, and there is only a spare inch or so on either side of the rear tires when loaded. Not something I want to do without a spotter.
JerseySS1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 06:03 PM   #98
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySS1le View Post
I finally got a truck that can tow my Camaro and a trailer, a Ram 1500 V8. I really wanted a Futura but good luck finding one, new or used. It seems that late fall at the earliest and most likely, next year would be the soonest I could get one. I have been searching for something else when I came across a great Futura alternative. It is basically a copy of a Futura made by a company called Timpte. I hadn't heard of them but some of you may know that they specialize in aluminum semi trailers.

It works just like a Futura. I picked it up a few weeks ago and used it for the first time the following week to take my SS 1LE to Watkins Glen.

So for those of you that are looking for a good drop trailer, this might be an option for you.
Can I ask what you paid?
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote