Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 02-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
RandRZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Front bumper protection

Has anyone ever seen this product? https://store.proxel.com/en/products...nt-detail.html
Looks good to me!
RandRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Mcardenal

Drives: 2018 Nightfall Gray Metalic ZL1 A10
I just ordered something similar after reading your post.
I need something to help my resident front splitter destroyer (AKA my wife) LOL!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332318012698
I like that this appears to be a no drilling, splicing or cutting solution. This one has its own independent visual and audio sensor that I think I can integrate into the dash. If it doesn't work out it was only $17.
Mcardenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:57 PM   #3
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Thanks for the link Mcardenal! I am thinking the same way, but with this unit, https://www.ebay.com/itm/182974354816. If this unit will work with say 3 of the 4 sensors, 1 for the center and 1 for left and 1 for the right about 3 feet across mounted under the front spoiler to pick up curbs and cement blocks.

But I am not sure if this unit will work on just 3 or then 4 and space them closer in the 3 feet.

But maybe the 1 you ordered could be better as with the tape strip could it be attached below the Camaro spoiler and not in the bumper as I don't want to remove the front bumper, what do you think?

Thanks
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:12 AM   #4
Mcardenal

Drives: 2018 Nightfall Gray Metalic ZL1 A10
I think the sensors you are looking at are more accurate but I don’t want to cut holes on my bumper. I agree that I don’t want to take off the bumper for the tape sensor either. Once it arrives I will see if there is a way to get it done without removal.
I was thinking maybe below the front splitter as well.? I’ll let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Martin
Mcardenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:24 PM   #5
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Martin, did you get that unit or installed it? I ordered that 1 with the 4 sensors and I was told that it will work with 1 or 2 sensors so my plan is to connect 1 or 2 and place them under the front grill, and would like them to be out of site as well.

Thanks
Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcardenal View Post
I think the sensors you are looking at are more accurate but I don’t want to cut holes on my bumper. I agree that I don’t want to take off the bumper for the tape sensor either. Once it arrives I will see if there is a way to get it done without removal.
I was thinking maybe below the front splitter as well.? I’ll let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Martin
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote