Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-18-2021, 11:53 AM   #1
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Does anyone follow F1?

Interesting British Grand Prix today. Hamilton crashes out Verstappen and still gets the win. I don’t hate Hamilton, but that was dirty driving. I’ll agree with Horner on that. I’m still hopeful Max can win the title. It’s always nice to see someone different. F1 needs a real challenge as it’s been so boring the last few years.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
I've been absorbing all of the memes and commentary for the last few days. I'm stuck. I definitely think Hamilton is at fault but I don't think it was intentional. Maybe just negligent.

As an aside, the aero components are super cool. They created enough lift when Verstappen slid backwards that he glided over the gravel. Also, the Mercedes is FAST in clean air, and Perez sacrificed his top-10 points to put the softs on and rob Hamilton of the fastest lap point.
kevint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:37 PM   #3
redrum_maro
Runs on caffeine

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
This will be interesting debate, I believe it was racing incident. It was a mix of both drivers being aggressive in each of their attacking and defending strategies. I do understand that Hamilton should've known better and been able to predict that he was going to understeer going into that corner with all of the weight, cold tires and rubbish on the inside of that corner. Verstappen should've also seen that coming as he made an aggressive defensive strategy to stay closer to the inside to in a sense disrupt Hamilton's line and keep himself ahead. If Verstappen would have given more room then Hamilton would've passed him easily but he didn't want that to happen so he decided to be aggressive on the outside. In my opinion it was racing incident from aggressive driving from both drivers as each wanted the lead in that first lap as it would've controlled the outcome for the rest of the race.

At the end of the day, we all should agree that Hamilton should not have received all the negative criticism and comments that he received. Whether one believes Hamilton is at fault that shouldn't be enough for him to have received racist abuse online. He already received enough racism growing up he shouldn't have to endure more of this.
redrum_maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #4
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
This is racing. One person wins and one person looses. How many times has VER pushed someone else out of the circuit or even the race? Good riddance from my side. Racing incident at best. They both tried to be in the same spot at the same time.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 05:39 AM   #5
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
In the past no one tried to pass at Kopps corner. because of the speeds and lack of room

In one race Hamilton did it 3 times once to a back marker who slowed and moved off line to avoid contact.

Once to Max with almost deadly results.

Then to Leclerc in the Ferrari sending him way wide off the track when he decided the smart thing was to avoid contact.

Hamilton seems to be driving more reckless lately...I hope he doesn't kill someone.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #6
redrum_maro
Runs on caffeine

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
In the past no one tried to pass at Kopps corner. because of the speeds and lack of room

In one race Hamilton did it 3 times once to a back marker who slowed and moved off line to avoid contact.

Once to Max with almost deadly results.

Then to Leclerc in the Ferrari sending him way wide off the track when he decided the smart thing was to avoid contact.

Hamilton seems to be driving more reckless lately...I hope he doesn't kill someone.
Copse corner has been used several times to overtake other drivers, Hamilton is not the only one that has used it. I can recall Kimi has done it successfully several times. So have other drivers, there was a good YouTube video I had found that showed several drivers successfully passing on Copse corner.
redrum_maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:29 AM   #7
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum_maro View Post
Copse corner has been used several times to overtake other drivers, Hamilton is not the only one that has used it. I can recall Kimi has done it successfully several times. So have other drivers, there was a good YouTube video I had found that showed several drivers successfully passing on Copse corner.
The ex drivers on the Sky Sports broadcast said that its not recommended to overtake at that corner.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:35 PM   #8
tmaleck

Drives: Replacement 2SS 'Vert 67 Cutlass
I say bring back Team Tyrell and the V12's
tmaleck is offline   Reply With Quote