Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 06-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #1
Jarek

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
[SOLVED] Heated/ventilated seats, driver seat memory not working, door triple unlock

Hello,

I have just just made my 1st drive after my car was repaired from rear-end.
Everything seems to work fine except for heated/ventilated seats (power seats work just fine).
When trying to turn on heating or cooling - no reaction to buttons (they stay dark), this goes for both driver and passenger seat.
Since both seats are not working in the same way I assume that problem should be a disconnected plug or blown fuse (and not the fans or heating mat).
I checked both fuses (heated seat in the engine box and ventilated in the trunk) but they seem to be fine.
Suspecting some plug that got disconnected when seat-belts were fixed.
Any ideas where I should look?

Best regards,
Jarek

Last edited by Jarek; 08-04-2022 at 02:27 PM. Reason: topic solved
Jarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:33 AM   #2
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
find out what was taken apart by whoever fixed the front end
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:23 PM   #3
Jarek

Good point however the only thing that was taken apart (around the seats as the rest of it was rear bumper with all of it's electronics, rear quarters trunk lid, rear lamps etc) were Pyrotechnic Belt Tensioners replacement and passenger seat plastic cover that got destroyed by mentioned tensioner as this seat was empty.
Is that pointing us in any direction?

BR,
Jarek

Last edited by Jarek; 06-12-2021 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #4
Jarek

Any ideas what should I check before going with the car to the service station?
Old 06-16-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
If you were to add the Recaro seats to a 2SS car, the seat will still adjust, but you have to get a reflash in order to get the heaters and coolers to work. So if your seats were replaced, then that is the problem. If they weren't replaced, maybe they can just update the cal and get them working again.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:56 PM   #6
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I would just look under the seats for any loose or unplugged wires.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:13 PM   #7
Katech_Zach

Drives: 14 Camaro SS 1LE
I had this happen to my ZL1 1LE (previous owner had racing seats and I swapped back to stock, the heated/cool function didnt work). The large seat connector underneath the seat wasnt connected right (it was crooked). Disconnect the seat connector, make sure the latch isnt damaged, and then reconnect it. Use some force when connecting it to make sure everything seats nicely
Katech_Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:24 AM   #8
Jarek

Thank you for your input

@SomeGeoffGuy
Sorry but no can do - Being in Poland, Europe cost of getting such seats (shipment/custom/taxes) is twice or trice the cost of the seats :/

@Spaceme1117
Did that but everything seemed connected.

@Katech_Zach
Here we may get something - will un-plug/re-plug - nice advice
Was it connected crookedly in both seats or just one? If in one only - one seat did not work or both?
[18.06 update] Connectors checked, re-plugged but no change...

I am wondering , in case that connectors are not an issue, if is it possible that this function may be disabled by programming/diagnostic tool (by not selecting this option when programming the car)?

BR,
Jarek

Last edited by Jarek; 06-18-2021 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:58 AM   #9
Jarek

More info gathered.
Is it possible that heating/ventilation is disabled by computer as the result of the rear-end collision and pyrotechnical seat-belt tensioners replacement?

BR,
Jarek
Old 07-01-2021, 08:35 AM   #10
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
If you were rear-ended, and the back end of the car was worked on, you should go through the various fuses. F19 is for the ventilated seats and there are other fuses that relate to other components in the cabin (heated steering wheel, memory seats, etc.). Make sure that there isn't a problem in that box that was missed during the repairs.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:03 AM   #11
Jarek

Thank you for your suggestion Ember1205.
Funny thing is that fuse for ventilated seats is in the trunk and for heated seats in the engine compartment. However I have checked both and they looked fine.
Steering wheel heating works however.
Taking that into consideration and as heating/ventilating is not working in both seats I suspect some software issue simply denying to turn it on (errors from seatbelts controller or sth - it was mentioned to be related).

BR,
Jarek

Last edited by Jarek; 07-01-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:08 AM   #12
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek View Post
Thank you for your suggestion Ember1205.
Funny thing is that fuse for ventilated seats is in the trunk and for heated seats in the engine compartment. However I have checked both and they looked fine.
Steering wheel heating works however.
Taking that into consideration and as both heating/ventilating is not working in both seats I suspect some software issue simply denying to turn it on (errors from seatbelts controller or sth - it was mentioned to be related).

BR,
Jarek
If the fuses are fine, and other items that are fused in the trunk are working, that would -seem- to say that things are ok. But, there could still have been some damage to wiring so it's worth a close inspection just to be sure.

I know from past experience, being struck from behind can cause issues in many areas of the car. A long time ago, my father was hit like that by a larger vehicle and it actually caused issues with the engine because it dislodged the carburetor!

I would try and follow this up through insurance as the cause of the problem is very likely something that was missed in the repair process. File a supplemental claim and get it repaired instead of chasing gremlins on your own.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:55 PM   #13
Jarek

It will not work in my case Ember1205 - (like many owners in Europe) I bought it in US on an auction as a salvage, transported it across the Atlantic, got it repaired... but seems that mechanics just missed sth.
So I have no other options than to chase those gremlins, good for me, right?

Good thing that it is the only major issue - it comes along with power locks issue after the pyrotechnic tensioner use:
https://gm-techlink.com/?p=12326
I have heard that these 2 issues may be related - wanted to confirm it here as maybe someone had the similar issue.

Right now I am just trying to narrow down what it may be before mechanics (other team) will take the whole car apart
So first I will ask them to check the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) - and just maybe fixing this will unblock the ventilated/heated seats.

BR,
Jarek

Last edited by Jarek; 07-03-2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:36 PM   #14
Jarek

I had the car checked today... but diagnostic tool returned nothing.
No erros reported, diag tool is reporting that buttons are pressed (can even light up the LED diodes) but there is no reaction from the seats. Also no circuit shorts or breaks were found.
Right now the prime suspect is the climate control panel (maybe it is broken in some way that is not passing the info to the seats), second guess are the modules in the seats (however it's unlikely that both are broken, also they have no control function just passing the signal, on the other hand both seats were taken out to fix seatbelt tensioners so maybe they were damaged in the process).
Any thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited by Jarek; 07-20-2021 at 04:21 PM.