Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #1
Sieg

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2016
Underchassis air deflector part number?

Hey guys,

I was cruising around the highway loop a few weeks ago when something that appears to be like a block of wood or brick came flying out of nowhere, (probably came from the truck hauling stuff in front of me). Fortunately it went under the car and not through my windshield or through the radiator. I still heard a loud thump and a cracking sound right after it went under so I pulled over to do a quick check just to make sure it didn't rip a hole on the radiator or anything that would cause important fluids/oil to leak.

Now there was no leak and it was kinda hard to tell but it didn't seem like it did a lot of damage so I drove home and on the way I noticed this whooshing sound which I've never heard before and was kinda annoying so I jacked up the car right after I got home to check underneath and for sure it did break this plastic air deflector/splash shield under the chassis exposing a gaping hole on the aluminum frame which was probably the cause of the continuous whooshing sound while traveling at highway speed.

I've scoured different part sites (gmpartsdirect, 7zap etc.) and it doesn't seem to be listed on any of the parts diagram I found, so
I was wondering if anyone knows or could maybe help me find the part number for this because I do a lot of highway driving and the whooshing sound really annoys me.

Sorry for the very long post. Here's the picture of the part I was referring to.
Attached Images

Sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:14 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Welcome to the forum!

This should be what you’re looking to buy.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545631

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
Sieg

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Welcome to the forum!

This should be what you’re looking to buy.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=545631
Wow! You guys are awesome! I didn't expect to get an answer so soon given how many hours I spent trying to look for it online (or I guess my googling skill is just terrible haha).

I was planning on taking that plastic part off of the vehicle to see if I could get a part number from whatever was remaining but you just saved me the trouble coz it clearly shows on the pictures from your link that it was stamped on the part that broke off and I would have ended up removing the other side to get the part number and then I would still need to google for the correct part number for the left side using the part number I got from the right side which sound like a lot of work for an 8 digit number (I had far less trouble acquiring my significant other's 10 digit number )

I'm extremely glad I tried asking this awesome community first. Thank you so much.
Sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:13 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Wow! You guys are awesome! I didn't expect to get an answer so soon given how many hours I spent trying to look for it online (or I guess my googling skill is just terrible haha).

I was planning on taking that plastic part off of the vehicle to see if I could get a part number from whatever was remaining but you just saved me the trouble coz it clearly shows on the pictures from your link that it was stamped on the part that broke off and I would have ended up removing the other side to get the part number and then I would still need to google for the correct part number for the left side using the part number I got from the right side which sound like a lot of work for an 8 digit number (I had far less trouble acquiring my significant other's 10 digit number )

I'm extremely glad I tried asking this awesome community first. Thank you so much.
Hey you’re welcome! The only reason I found it was because I remember when the OP posted and all of the headache it was causing.

That’s what this community does for each other. Glad this saved you the time from pulling parts.

If you really want some attention, ask about catch cans!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air deflector, plastic, splash shield