Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-25-2022, 03:27 AM   #1
JeffD

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Engine Trouble Codes Driving me Crazy

Hello
Brand new to the forums, thanks for having me.
I have a 2016 2SS that has a P00C7 Engine code. About a week ago I had a P2227 and a P00C7. I replaced the Mass Air flow sensor and the Map sensor. Reset codes and drove the vehicle for a week with no CEL. Tonight the check engine light came on after startup. After scanning the system the P2227 code did not come back, however the only code that was present was the P00C7. The CEL never comes on while driving it only comes on after an initial startup. Has anyone ever had these codes? does anyone have any suggestions on where to look. I was thinking my next move would be to smoke test the system for vacuum leaks. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any insight to this issue.
JeffD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:14 AM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
While those 2 sensors are probable causes, here are other items listed from service manual on page 9-1038.

1) look for loose clamps, cracks and damage to Intake system
2) clogged air cleaner
3) clogged cats
4) vacuum hose with kinks, leaks or improper connection
5) leaking or restricted PCV
6) leak at intake manifold or throttle body
7) leaking, missing, or damaged O-ring on Baro sensor or MAP sensor

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:24 PM   #3
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Did you hook the car up to an actual scan tool and see what the sensors are actually reading? If you are just using a code reader, the sensors are probably fine but something else is telling them to read in correctly
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:28 PM   #4
JeffD

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thank you for the information. I will be having a smoke test done next week to look for potential vacuum leaks. I will have them look at the sensor readings as well.
JeffD is offline   Reply With Quote