Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-17-2022, 06:18 AM   #1
activeSS

Drives: Radiant Red SS 1LE & ZL1
James Martin Chevy is the worst

As many know we had a legend in the community with Becky and Joe. And as many know Becky passed and then her soul mate passed from a broken heart. The Chevy community lost two great enthusiasts.

I ordered a 2022 ZL-1 from Joe last August and then waited. We chatted quite a bit by email and phone about cars and boats and Becky. Even though I am in Florida I have a boat on Lake St. Claire and a place in West Bloomfield. So I was getting the car to keep there.

Then in May I received a phone call that Joe was no longer with us and Jeff was taking over for him. As it turned out Jeff became ill as well. So now Josh has taken over.

A year later my car was built and waiting transport. Suppose to be at the dealer on the 21st, this Tuesday. I have emailed and texted numerous times in the last month I can't get updates. I can't get a written Buyer's Order with the OTD price. Nothing. Crickets.

My gut tells me they are going to jack the price even though I have a 2022 and a 2023 Buyer's Order with MSRP. Both from Joe.

As excited as I was for a year to get this ZL-1, the thrill is over.

$50 says my ZL-1 I waited for ends up available at a premium at that dealer. If you are looking for a radiant red 6 speed it should be there soon.

Personally I am done.

The BeckyD@JamesMartincChevy should be taken off this site out of respect for Becky. They are using her name and integrity to sell cars they can't get with customer service that no longer exists.
Old 09-17-2022, 06:55 AM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I really hope you're wrong and get your car @ MSRP. That said, I think you're probably absolutely right.

Sorry for the bad luck man. You did everything right, and it still looks like you're going to get screwed.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:07 AM   #3
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by activeSS View Post
As many know we had a legend in the community with Becky and Joe. And as many know Becky passed and then her soul mate passed from a broken heart. The Chevy community lost two great enthusiasts.

I ordered a 2022 ZL-1 from Joe last August and then waited. We chatted quite a bit by email and phone about cars and boats and Becky. Even though I am in Florida I have a boat on Lake St. Claire and a place in West Bloomfield. So I was getting the car to keep there.

Then in May I received a phone call that Joe was no longer with us and Jeff was taking over for him. As it turned out Jeff became ill as well. So now Josh has taken over.

A year later my car was built and waiting transport. Suppose to be at the dealer on the 21st, this Tuesday. I have emailed and texted numerous times in the last month I can't get updates. I can't get a written Buyer's Order with the OTD price. Nothing. Crickets.

My gut tells me they are going to jack the price even though I have a 2022 and a 2023 Buyer's Order with MSRP. Both from Joe.

As excited as I was for a year to get this ZL-1, the thrill is over.

$50 says my ZL-1 I waited for ends up available at a premium at that dealer. If you are looking for a radiant red 6 speed it should be there soon.

Personally I am done.

The BeckyD@JamesMartincChevy should be taken off this site out of respect for Becky. They are using her name and integrity to sell cars they can't get with customer service that no longer exists.
I'd suggest you talk to Phil Long, the owner and a very nice & friendly person. He's also a supporter of the Motor City Camaro Club.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 08:24 AM   #4
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
They claim they have allocations, but they’re insisting on $2 grand ADM for sold order.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:55 AM   #5
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I hope you guys commented on the FTC proposal to regulate dealers, comment period ended September 12th. The dealers were having employees leave comments on regulations.gov against this, which is pretty low.

Specifically, the proposal is to regulate:

Selling Products with No Benefit to the Customer

Advertising the Real Price of the Car Online

Non-Discriminatory Practices for Cash Buyers

Enhanced Consent for F&I Products

https://youtu.be/YAOKSY5ZbYg

Also, you never order a car unless you have signed a document agreeing to the price of said car.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 11:37 AM   #6
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
No, Emich is the worst ever.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 12:21 PM   #7
Steve65

Drives: 2013
Steve Rayman in Marietta is just as bad. Service might b the worst ever delta with. My camaro was there. I had to have it removed I asked to speak to the General Manager. Turns out I had a salesman speak to me saying he was the GM. Lied to several ties by him. Used profanity and had problem getting my car back. Very unprofessional. Told me I wouldn't get their survey.
Steve65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 12:27 PM   #8
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I agree that the moderators need to remove the Becky Ds name from the James Martin ad.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:05 PM   #9
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I hope you guys commented on the FTC proposal to regulate dealers, comment period ended September 12th. The dealers were having employees leave comments on regulations.gov against this, which is pretty low.

Specifically, the proposal is to regulate:

Selling Products with No Benefit to the Customer

Advertising the Real Price of the Car Online

Non-Discriminatory Practices for Cash Buyers

Enhanced Consent for F&I Products

https://youtu.be/YAOKSY5ZbYg

Also, you never order a car unless you have signed a document agreeing to the price of said car.
I disagree with the scope of this proposed regulation. These are symptoms and not the root cause, and dealerships will find other ways around them if implemented, so this becomes yet another expensive government mandated "arms race".

Instead, what needs to be regulated out of existence is the mandatory dealership model, customers should be able to order directly from the factory, track their orders using 21st century methods (so not by asking kindhearted sales folks in an enthusiast forum to help), and take direct delivery.

Good dealerships with actual value adds and high quality, reliable service departments will survive and thrive, crooks and thieves will go elsewhere to try and fleece people.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM   #10
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
Well, we can only hope the GM dealership model dies a fitting death. If they’re going full EV, Tesla will destroy them. Same goes for Dodge unless they can put their cars on a diet and accomplish something fun with that new Hurricane I-6 T…

Ford is going to benefit in a big way. If they produce enough cars to keep the supply/ demand somewhat balanced, it alleviates some of the crappy dealership problems.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:43 PM   #11
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I disagree with the scope of this proposed regulation. These are symptoms and not the root cause, and dealerships will find other ways around them if implemented, so this becomes yet another expensive government mandated "arms race".

Instead, what needs to be regulated out of existence is the mandatory dealership model, customers should be able to order directly from the factory, track their orders using 21st century methods (so not by asking kindhearted sales folks in an enthusiast forum to help), and take direct delivery.

Good dealerships with actual value adds and high quality, reliable service departments will survive and thrive, crooks and thieves will go elsewhere to try and fleece people.
This would be a step in that direction IMO. Yes, something needs to be done.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 09-17-2022, 07:40 PM   #12
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I agree that the moderators need to remove the Becky Ds name from the James Martin ad.

There's Mods on this forum?
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:07 AM   #13
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
My 2021 was a dealer ordered unit from James Martin according to the paperwork.
Wished Joe and Becky were around to fill me in on its story.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #14
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeSS View Post
After quite a bit of thought I am going to talk to the owner, as suggested by HDRDTD, and see if he has a clue what is going on at his dealership. Perhaps he doesn't.

As an owner of several businesses I try to stay on top of my staff and how my businesses run and I attribute my success to that. So I assume other principles do the same thing.

I have been messaging with another member that ordered his about when I did and took delivery a few weeks ago from James Martin and had the same experience with Josh, the salesman. He started out with Joe as well.

I will update as soon as I know more. Perhaps I over reacted but to date my experience has not been 'fun' or 'enjoyable' as spending $70K on a toy as it should be.
They typically don't, they use the all-or-nothing employee/service surveys, rather than do their own investigative work. They also tend to blame the employee, rather than fix the culture/corporate issues that lead them down that path. Replacing management controls with surveys has lead to huge issues across business. In effect, they are trying to replace their own QC and use consumers to do all of that work.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD