Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #29
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
I’m not sure you understand what I’m suggesting.

I’m not saying only buy the cars that depreciate the least.

I’m saying buy the car you love based on how much it cost to own and not what it costs to buy.

None of you can tell me if you had all the money in the world the camaro would be your first choice. It’s the car you love the most for the amount of money you were willing to spend. There is nobody here who would take a camaro over a zr1 vette if they cost the same amount of money.

It’s all about how much you love it vs how much it costs. All I’m trying to say is, know what it really cost when you factor that in.

Also I love the mclaren 720s, and I could buy one no problem. And then I couldn’t buy anything else. Just buying what you love and nothing else matters is an absurd statement by itself. It’s buy what you love in relation to what you can afford.
I agree most wouldn't choose the Camaro if money was no consideration, but I wouldn't say none. Some of us are not into "yuppy" euro or luxury vehicles.

I am by no means extremely wealthy but I do ok, enough to able to have had a GS and an SS 1le at the same time. You would have never caught me in a European car with a cost of entry that equaled the GS and SS 1le combined, not due to the money just preferance.

If money was no object I'd have a zr1, zl1 1le, and a gt350r as my sports cars of choice. I'm just a simple hillbilly who likes what he likes lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #30
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I agree most wouldn't choose the Camaro if money was no consideration, but I wouldn't say none. Some of us are not into "yuppy" euro or luxury vehicles.

I am by no means extremely wealthy but I do ok, enough to able to have had a GS and an SS 1le at the same time. You would have never caught me in a European car with a cost of entry that equaled the GS and SS 1le combined, not due to the money just preferance.

If money was no object I'd have a zr1, zl1 1le, and a gt350r as my sports cars of choice. I'm just a simple hillbilly who likes what he likes lol.
Love your choices!
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #31
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:

Lol at only american muscle.

Naive is a better description than simple.

I could care less where a car is made, they all have their attributes.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #32
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:

I've gone to a Porsche dealership 2-3 times in the past 5 years expecting to get a Cayman or a 911. All three times I left feeling a bit underwhelmed. They are obviously very capable beautiful cars. The best way I can describe it is that they are too nice and too smooth etc for me. They seem to have taken a lot of the drama out of the driving experience is the only thing I can think why I left feeling disappointed after numerous/longish test drives in both types of cars. That being said, I'd love to drive a GT3 or GT4 and I'm guessing my opinion would change on that. For less money/cheaper monthly payments than the 911 GTS I want, I can have a ZLE and a nice boat for the family so I haven't crossed that it is worth a 130k plus for one toy barrier.

I will say both local Porsche dealers I've been to were very cool to me. They let me drive whatever I wanted for longish drives without any snobbery/pretense. This is in stark contrast to some Cadillac and Chevy dealers I've been to. One refused to let me drive an ATS V of all cars going on and on about how special it was (so special it had been sitting there for months on end) and another refused to let me drive a CTS V. Chevy stores were better, but still were very hesitant on letting me drive a ZL1, but eventually did. I've never had that issue with BMW, MB, Porsche or Audi.

The ZLE is a near perfect car for me right now since it has such overall astounding performance/fun to drive factor on a relative budget. While still having usable back seats for my nine year old daughter and her occasional friend that comes with on occasion. This combo is going to be very hard for me to replace in the future.

Edit: Last, I usually don't give a sh%! what people think of what I drive etc. But, I have to admit it is easier picking my daughter up from school in a "hopped up Camaro" as one teacher put it than rolling up in a very pretentious looking 911/Cayman.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:23 PM   #33
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I've gone to a Porsche dealership 2-3 times in the past 5 years expecting to get a Cayman or a 911. All three times I left feeling a bit underwhelmed. They are obviously very capable beautiful cars. The best way I can describe it is that they are too nice and too smooth etc for me. They seem to have taken a lot of the drama out of the driving experience is the only thing I can think why I left feeling disappointed after numerous/longish test drives in both types of cars. That being said, I'd love to drive a GT3 or GT4 and I'm guessing my opinion would change on that. For less money/cheaper monthly payments than the 911 GTS I want, I can have a ZLE and a nice boat for the family so I haven't crossed that it is worth a 130k plus for one toy barrier.

I will say both local Porsche dealers I've been to were very cool to me. They let me drive whatever I wanted for longish drives without any snobbery/pretense. This is in stark contrast to some Cadillac and Chevy dealers I've been to. One refused to let me drive an ATS V of all cars going on and on about how special it was (so special it had been sitting there for months on end) and another refused to let me drive a CTS V. Chevy stores were better, but still were very hesitant on letting me drive a ZL1, but eventually did. I've never had that issue with BMW, MB, Porsche or Audi.

The ZLE is a near perfect car for me right now since it has such overall astounding performance/fun to drive factor on a relative budget. While still having usable back seats for my nine year old daughter and her occasional friend that comes with on occasion. This combo is going to be very hard for me to replace in the future.

Edit: Last, I usually don't give a sh%! what people think of what I drive etc. But, I have to admit it is easier picking my daughter up from school in a "hopped up Camaro" as one teacher put it than rolling up in a very pretentious looking 911/Cayman.
For me, I'm pretty happy with the SS 1LE performance wise, but I have also had several Audi's and Porsche has that Audi feel and quality about them.

Getting the SS 1LE's performance with that Porsche quality, plus in a light weight, mid engine, small package AND PDK!!! would just be perfect. Plus I appreciate great engineering and very few do that as well as Porsche.

But then you look at what the C8 Z06 should be and it really does make it a hard choice.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:42 PM   #34
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
For me, I'm pretty happy with the SS 1LE performance wise, but I have also had several Audi's and Porsche has that Audi feel and quality about them.

Getting the SS 1LE's performance with that Porsche quality, plus in a light weight, mid engine, small package AND PDK!!! would just be perfect. Plus I appreciate great engineering and very few do that as well as Porsche.

But then you look at what the C8 Z06 should be and it really does make it a hard choice.
Porsche's PDK is crazy good, but thankfully I'm a manual guy so that holds no sway over me. Their MTs are crazy good though also.

I forgot to if you want to do anything mod wise to them it has got to be M tax on roids.

I definitely get the appeal as a car guy and I'm sure I'll cave one day and get a P car of some kind.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:36 PM   #35
TRZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Porsche's PDK is crazy good, but thankfully I'm a manual guy so that holds no sway over me. Their MTs are crazy good though also.

I forgot to if you want to do anything mod wise to them it has got to be M tax on roids.

I definitely get the appeal as a car guy and I'm sure I'll cave one day and get a P car of some kind.
Yeah, no modding for me if I get one, with the exception of an exhaust.

Yeah, that is the other point I left out, it would be my first P-Car as well and it is on my bucket list.

But again, if GM nails the C8 Z06, it is going to be hard to say no to that. I expect the 3LT version (without the Z07 package) to be right around the same cost as a GT4 optioned the way I want it.

Anyways, I am just researching now. I won't be doing anything for 12 -18 mths probably, but the planning stages are in place for sure.

Previous:
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
03' C5 Z06
Old 08-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #36
ZRacerLE

Praying the C8 Z06 Z07 package is as hardcore as the ZLE. I'm all in if so. $100K+ is going to hurt though.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:55 PM   #37
TRZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Praying the C8 Z06 Z07 package is as hardcore as the ZLE. I'm all in if so. $100K+ is going to hurt though.
Minus the DSSV shocks. I would definitely go GT4 if they put the DSSV on the Z06. I doubt it though, they always go MRC on the Vette's.

Now if they went all out and put Ohlin coilovers on it, I would be all over it. But I doubt they would go that route.

Previous:
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
03' C5 Z06
Old 08-11-2020, 06:18 AM   #38
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Minus the DSSV shocks. I would definitely go GT4 if they put the DSSV on the Z06. I doubt it though, they always go MRC on the Vette's.

Now if they went all out and put Ohlin coilovers on it, I would be all over it. But I doubt they would go that route.
I love the DSSVs, but ohlins would be fine too. I just want a suspension i don't need to mod. They always go with MRC, but I'm hoping they finally create a true, hardcore track version. I'm even more hopeful with the 8th gen given there will be even more models: stingray, gs, z06, zr1, and Zora (and maybe even that electric eRay). There's even more room now for a Z06 "1LE" (should still be called the Z07 package). They would still have an MRC version no doubt for the normal/sane people.

I believe they'll do it and finally have something that runs with a GT2RS.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:26 AM   #39
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

Naive or maybe you're just talking out of your ass.

I don't care where a vehicle is made, I currently own two Miatas a long with my American muscle.

What the cars that I mentioned offer on top of the classic American muscle badges is a front engine rwd manual transmission setup which I am partial to and a great performance per dollar value. You won't find that anywhere else, and definately not in a European vehicle. Porsches are amazing machines, just not my cup of tea.

I'm naive but yet you've stated your preferances for cars that can't handle and spinout all over the place plenty of times lol. Different strokes for different folks, we all have our preferances.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.

Last edited by RobbyBeefcake87; 08-11-2020 at 09:42 AM.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:03 AM   #40
ZRacerLE

Quote:

What do you mean by naive?
Old 08-11-2020, 08:30 AM   #41
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
What do you mean by naive?
I apologize on his behalf, not everyone in NJ is like that.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:43 AM   #42
minn19

Quote:
Quote:

My C8 dream died with no manual being offered. Looks like I will have to go Porsche or somewhere else to get my MT coupled with a rear/mid engine layout fix someday.