Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-22-2022, 10:05 AM   #15
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
ive gotten some stuff from forum members and facebook and lucky me never had any problems
Old 07-22-2022, 10:35 AM   #16
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i have gotten lots of stuff from forum members. sold a few things, too. 0 issues.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:44 AM   #17
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
That is only true if you do not pay someone from PayPal via "Friends And Family" as the OP did. You have zero recourse if you pay with Friends And Family

Understood. Never pay any business with friends and family is the lesson here.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:17 PM   #18
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
So I thought it might be beneficial to start a thread on all the scamming going on social media platforms and how best to avoid it while also bringing attention to potential bad sites.

Recently I purchased an intake from an instagram seller camero_warehouse (yes I know it's spelled wrong) in which I sent a paypal payment via friends and family. What tipped off the scam is the shipper was through TNT shipping and tracking information was through a blatantly fake tracking information page. The second scam is the package (which never shipped) was stuck in St. Louis with a note: "Immediate payment of a $120 refundable insurance fee". This is just to see what sucker out there is willing to pay the scammer a second time. Other oddity is that he asked me to send a screen shot of the payment page on paypal as soon as the payment was sent. Have not figured that one out yet. Lastly, whenever you click on the link to get your tracking information, it tries to download a program to whatever device your using and since then I've had multiple failed attempts to get into my Venmo account. I'd be happy to hear any additional comments on what happened here and still trying to wrap my mind about the whole ordeal. Everything seemed on the up and up until the transaction was made but by that time it was too late. Be safe and stay alert out there guys.

-1st mistake learned, never send via friends and family to an untested seller.
-2nd mistake learned, never pay via paypal with a linked bank account. Always use a credit card because a credit card company is better suited to get some of your money back.
I hope your Venmo account isn't tied to your bank account, that link that you clicked on very likely loaded a virus or trojan on your device, the "Venmo" page you were probably trying to log into is likely a fake Venmo page they created so that you would enter your Venmo Username & Password for them to also steal and to hijack your Venmo account.
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:26 PM   #19
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I hope your Venmo account isn't tied to your bank account, that link that you clicked on very likely loaded a virus or trojan on your device, the "Venmo" page you were probably trying to log into is likely a fake Venmo page they created so that you would enter your Venmo Username & Password for them to also steal and to hijack your Venmo account.
Fortunately they are not linked and I dodged a bullet. Only thing Venmo is used for is to pay for lunch occasionally.

I think these scammers are getting really good because he seems really legit and even has another online store you can go into. Red flag shoulda been that none of the IG items matched up to his site and it had a fake search feature. Another note is I was unfollowed on his IG page so I can't report it and the scam can continue with the same account. Still trying to find the right person to talk to on paypal but it seems all their polices don't cover scamming and only cover unauthorized use and transactions on your account.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:24 PM   #20
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
. . Still trying to find the right person to talk to on paypal but it seems all their polices don't cover scamming and only cover unauthorized use and transactions on your account.
There is no "right person" to talk with at Paypal. The entire transaction violates Paypal's user service agreement. Not only will they not help, they will likely suspend both user accounts based on the admission of fraud by a transacting party.

On the other hand, if a "goods and service" Paypal transaction had been chosen, the buyer would have been eligible for "buyer protection." And the most prevalent form of buyer refund follows an item never being received from a seller. This also holds true for traditional credit card transactions.

Last edited by LT1gen6; 07-22-2022 at 09:07 PM.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:32 PM   #21
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I went to the IG page that OP ordered from and got scammed it looks very similar to several other pages that I follow on IG that look legit. I bet they are the same person or group have we all went on this page and blasted it as fake?

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #22
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I commend you for admitting you got scammed and sharing that info with others (such as me), that aren’t all that savvy with regard to online d-bags.

You’ve reaffirmed my overall paranoia…I don’t trust anyone (unless I know you), nor software / security settings . I don’t use PayPal (or the like). I don’t have my bank account linked to anything and use credit cards and cash for everything. I tend to keep things simple, fewer roads to travel to get $ back, if need be.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:43 AM   #23
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
I went to the IG page that OP ordered from and got scammed it looks very similar to several other pages that I follow on IG that look legit. I bet they are the same person or group have we all went on this page and blasted it as fake?

I can confirm, I did some more digging and several of them all have the same sketch website in their IG bio. I went through several of the for sale pictures and they look legit. They have a scam farm going.

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:03 PM   #24
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
I didn't know instagram sellers was a thing... I just stay as far away as I can from social media cancer's like that.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote