Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2021, 08:37 AM   #127
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Put the house and business up for sale so sold the ZL1 earlier in the year to reduce belongings till we resettle. Well 6 months later and I filled the space in the garage with a Honda VFR800 sport tourer, kxf250 dirt bike and a shifter kart. If I was driving the ZL1, I would have kept it. Had 8 Camaros over the years so odds are I will have another or more, just not sure which Gen. Once resettled where ever, that will determine what toys go and what new toys arrive. Not a simple one or the other decision for me, it’s more like all ideally.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:41 PM   #128
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I pretty much only ride dirt any more. It is about 1000 times more interesting than the street. There are so many places to ride in New Mexico, that I'll never ride them all. Dirt is not necessarily safer for me, as I just broke my collar bone a few weeks ago in a get-off. But I have been riding for 46 years, and I'm not stopping now.

My son rides my Suzuki DR 790 Super Motard. I still cruise around Albuquerque on the chopper I built 14 years ago.
That's one fine looking chopper. A Star motor??
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 01:01 PM   #129
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
That's one fine looking chopper. A Star motor??
Thanks. Yes, a 1999 Road Star motor in a 2002 Road Star frame.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #130
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Thanks. Yes, a 1999 Road Star motor in a 2002 Road Star frame.
I'm a sport bike guy, but I've have had many cruisers. I had a Roadliner. Very nice bike with a strong cruiser motor.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #131
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Smile Two more cents worth... Camaro versus motorcycle

My story will read just like a number of others in this thread.

I have owned and ridden motorcycles on and off since I was 14 years old and was only 19 when I bought my first Camaro (a 1969 Z-28 actually).
At the time I moonlighted on weekends from college at the local Honda shop as a mechanic working on and test riding essentially anything with two wheels.

Then when I got married I sold both and bought a Corvette
Big mistake (buying the car, not getting married ), but that is a whole other story...

Much time and a second Camaro passed by.
Then after becoming an empty nester a few years back a couple of basket case bikes more or less fell into my lap.
So I was back at it again like no time at all had passed.
I restored both of them, sold one and kept one.
Later another basket case bike crossed my garage threshold and I restored it too.

So now I have my '17 Camaro (which I dearly love driving) and two bikes that I tinker on.
One, the CBX, I ride quite a bit around deserted back roads for relaxation, rarely getting it over about 50 mph to be honest.
The other, the Shadow, I have sort of lost interest in and I think I have put all of 100 miles on it in the past year and half (I really should sell it).

So for me at least, the Camaro is basically my daily driver and the CBX is my "away from it all" fun ride.
They both co-exist quite nicely, each having their own plusses.
I have no plans to part with either of them for a long time to come.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:00 AM   #132
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
Road my Harley about 8,000 miles this season, the Camaro sure is nice after my bottom took a beating on the last part of the trip.
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:34 AM   #133
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertopdown View Post
Road my Harley about 8,000 miles this season, the Camaro sure is nice after my bottom took a beating on the last part of the trip.
Nice... I don't put very many miles on my Harley anymore, but I still love it and will keep it for the days I feel the itch to ride.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #134
Husker67

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS 1LE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I'm just curious... Do any of you guys/gals also have a motorcycle? I've been finding now that I have the Camaro that my motorcycle sits a LOT more. I have had a bike my entire life. I've had muscle cars on/off my entire life too. I just have never noticed that when wanting to go enjoy some cruising time, that I now almost always choose the Camaro. Don't know if it's just the car, or maybe my age and the risks of riding... etc. Any of you guys know what I'm talking about?

I've actually been giving some thought to selling the bike and just hanging up riding.
I rode dirt bikes in my younger years & Harleys from 50 on until about 70. Reaction time slows down, balance isn't what it was when I was 25. And people
now days just don't give a crap if they take you out. Don't really miss the Harley tho......... Love hot rod cars, Vettes and Camaros.....had both over the years!
Old 12-14-2021, 02:08 PM   #135
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker67 View Post
I rode dirt bikes in my younger years & Harleys from 50 on until about 70. Reaction time slows down, balance isn't what it was when I was 25. And people
now days just don't give a crap if they take you out.
Don't really miss the Harley tho......... Love hot rod cars, Vettes and Camaros.....had both over the years!
That is the biggest reason I ride less and less every year. I almost got taken out twice this year riding. Each time I inch a little closer and a little closer to giving it up. Both times were in town from people just not paying attention and turning left right infront of me. Hence why I don't put many miles on my Harley anymore. The wife and I spend way more time in the Camaro.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #136
s1000rr_jay

Drives: volvo xc90
I have both an LT1 and an S1000rr and also two kids. YOLO
s1000rr_jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:34 PM   #137
Seniorrs

Drives: 21 Camaro RS manual v6.Tyota Tacoma
Yamaha 100, hodaka super rat 100 , kawasaki 500 triple, Suzuki 1000 in that order from 11 to 20 yrs. old. Then 16 yrs ago I got a Honda xr250r. Now at 59 I ride it about an hour every couple months. Never had a tree jump in front of me.
Seniorrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:45 PM   #138
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Well i'll show my age here but started riding in 1969 on dirt bikes and then street bikes (Harley's). Never been without a bike and they have all been street bike cruisers. Currently have a Victory Vision. I have found that the sport bike riders are the ones who have the most accidents because they are fast which gives you less time to react to a situation. Driving like your life depended on it and driving for everyone else on the road will keep you alive. I still love the feel of the openness while riding. I'm still in good shape so the heavy bike is still manageable. My parting comment is just be careful while riding. For those in cars, Look twice, Save a life, Motorcycles are everywhere.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:53 PM   #139
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded

honda transalp. used to love bikes. you kinda lose interest as you age.
Old 06-28-2023, 05:05 AM   #140
walkerheaders

Drives: 2023 1SS Radiant A10 63 427 Impala
I have a few with tags on them and a few more waiting to be assembled. I restore sportsters and tell myself I'll sell them LOL. Yes, I ride every day and at age 64 I do not intend to stop. Riding the Camaro is still a treat as well.
Attached Images

walkerheaders is offline   Reply With Quote