Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2020, 11:57 AM   #71
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Very sad to hear this...prayers.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:07 PM   #72
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Very sad news indeed. I had the pleasure of meeting her many times on my trips to MI and KY. My condolences to Joe and the family.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.

Last edited by sscamaro; 07-01-2020 at 12:19 PM.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:33 PM   #73
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum

While I only worked with her and met her for a short time she made me a fan. She was a pro with a heart and a hard worker and smarter than most.

Becky, you are and will be missed. So glad I got a chance to meet you.

Becky, most of all And sorry I forgot to tell you "Nice boots"

And while I tried I cannot match the way you had with emojis.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #74
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
I didn't know Becky either, but she did send me a nice pin one time, and from what i read on here she was well liked by a great many.

Perhaps start a new thread, with pictures of all the Camaros that Becky has touched in some way. Maybe the mods can sticky it as a permanent "memorial" to Becky here on Camaro6?
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:03 PM   #75
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
I didn't know Becky either, but she did send me a nice pin one time, and from what i read on here she was well liked by a great many.

Perhaps start a new thread, with pictures of all the Camaros that Becky has touched in some way. Maybe the mods can sticky it as a permanent "memorial" to Becky here on Camaro6?
Good idea
Old 06-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #76
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Still at a loss for words trying to wrap my head around this. As others some have know about her battle I was and am still in shock over the news, and then the call yesterday morning left me speechless, angry, sad, and honestly just still in shock it has not hit me yet.

You know it’s once in a life time someone special comes into people’s lives and touches thousands and never asks for anything in return. Rebecca Doyle (Becky D) came into many of our lives back in 2009 when the 5th Generation Camaro was coming out. She helped thousands of folks she donated her time to the Camaro community without asking for anything in return. She would send out pins, and other items at no charge to anyone. She help many of us purchase our past and present Camaros and GM vehicles.

My story started in 2009 when she reached out to me about helping me find a 2010 Camaro while I did not purchase it at the time from her we remained friends she would send my girls gifts, and send things in the mail to me she was just that kind of person.

She would help with donations to car shows I put on and a few times Becky and Joe would come down to Florida for our Camaro Rally. They loved to come to the shows and interact with the Camaro owners.

Back in 2017 I was finally able to purchase my Camaro from her it was an awesome experience the hospitality Becky and Joe provided is unmatched.

I traveled up to Michigan a few weeks later to help her with the Rodgers Chevrolet car show, and again or the next 2 years I would travel up and help her and Joe with the show it's something I loved .

Because of Becky and Joe I was able to meet and amazing group of folks in Michigan with the Motor City Camaro Club a great group of Camaro enthusiasts that would come out and support Becky and her show no matter what.

Earlier this year Becky was diagnosed with an illness we all prayed she would overcome and we would see her doing what she loves selling cars, taking her Camaro to the track, and enjoying the company of her friends and family.

Sadly that dream came up short this morning that our friend and family member Becky lost her battle with cancer. We are heart broken and angry that because of what is going on in the world we could not go up and spend time and see her and Joe.

Please keep Joe, her sister, brother, granddaughter,family, and friends in your prayers they are going to need it.

Becky we miss you we love you I hope you are doing burnouts and doing laps up in the big great Chevy showroom.
Attached Images
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #77
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
Wow, never got to deal with Becky, but really nice to see all the heartfelt post about her. It's good to see the good people on this earth and hear a few of the stories people have to tell about her. Prayers up to Becky and her family.
threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #78
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post

That’s an awesome idea!
Old 06-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #79
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Anybody who’s ever met Becky knows that she was authentic. We all know people who know their shit. We all know people who can put a positive spin on just about any situation. A few of us are blessed to know people whose first question is “how can I help?” and actually mean it and do it. Very rare is the person that is all of that. Becky was all of that. Becky will be missed.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #80
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Never had the pleasure of meeting her. Can’t hang here very long and not become familiar with her name. RIP, Becky.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #81
anth331

Drives: 12SS
That’s terrible news. Ms Becky always and I mean always helped me with parts. She always answered my emails as soon as she could. Such a sad loss of a great person that this world needs more of.
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:38 PM   #82
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Well said.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:56 PM   #83
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Bought my first ever brand new car from Becky because of what I read through the years of being here on this forum. I joined this community in 2009 but I didn't get immersed into it until 2011. In the 3 years up until I picked the car up at her former dealership ( August 2014), there was never one complaint about Rogers Chevrolet. I'm constantly hearing complaints about local dealerships from others in my travels, so I needed to experience this. From the first phone call to when I left the dealership, the whole process went smoothly and I felt like I was being taken care of.
Becky just set the tone with her pleasantry, knowledge and her innate ability to care. Joe and Becky go out of their way to make you feel special when you place your trust in them. From my time here on Camaro5 and purchasing my car and seeing them on several occasions since, I'm proud to call them friends.

May you rest in peace Becky, I will miss you and I that your family will find peace and solace from all the love that you spread.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:01 PM   #84
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
I'm so sorry to hear this. I never bought a Camaro but I talked to her at least once and she was very nice. Rest in peace, Becky.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote