Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 09-26-2022, 09:43 AM   #1
ALMN

Drives: 2SS 1LE M6, Palisade Calligraphy
Borla 3 inch Atak Catback for SS 1LE versus 2.75 inch Catback

Hi Camaro6 community. I have a quick question. I am interested in the Borla Atak Catback, however, the SS version, which is a 2.75 inch diameter has a higher price than the ZL1 3 inch diameter version. I do know that the Factory Exhaust for the ZL1 and SS with NPP is the same with 2.75 inch diameter except the 4 inch Tips on the ZL1. I believe 4 inch Tips look better overall. Most of the aftermarket catback options, including Corsa seems to be 3 inch diameter.

I would like to go with the 3 inch ZL1 Version of the Borla Atak Catback on my Camaro SS 1LE and wondering if there will be a fitment issue and/or another reason to pay the premium and keep it 2.75 inch. I will be coupling the exhaust with a Roto Fab dry and most likely flex fuel tune in the near future. On the long run, I am planning on building a fbo head/cam setup, ZL1 fuel system, atomic intake manifold and 95 mm throttle body.

Thanks.
ALMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:24 AM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
If you have solid plans for all those mods I think you should go 3", I can't see why SS/ZL1 is gonna be otherwise different than the pipe diameter. With those planned mods, otherwise you're no better off than an axle back of any type.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:43 AM   #3
ALMN

Drives: 2SS 1LE M6, Palisade Calligraphy
Especially if it is a direct fit, I will go with the 3 inch. Thank you for the advise.
ALMN is offline   Reply With Quote