Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-02-2016, 01:22 AM   #1
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Lightbulb ADMIN, CAN WE GET A STICKY???

There has got to be some way for all of us to see when there are new updates or recalls for our Camaro's. Why do we have to only be able to find out when bringing it in? What if we choose to never bring it in?

So I guess where I'm going with this is (and this wouldn't be the cleanest way to do this considering it is just a forum, not Chevy's website although they should notify us about this stuff like Ford would do): we need one sticky thread that owners can share what updates they get installed and what they address or whatever other issues Chevrolet decides to fix automatically.

I currently have 4,000 miles and it says I have 46% oil life, but why do I have to wait until the oil change to see what's new and improved that I can now benefit from? It would be nice to check on here to see what's going on regarding this and then I could choose to bring my car in early.

I think this would benefit the whole community
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Did that on Camaro5 and it was removed for technical reasons.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #3
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
There has got to be some way for all of us to see when there are new updates or recalls for our Camaro's. Why do we have to only be able to find out when bringing it in? What if we choose to never bring it in?

So I guess where I'm going with this is (and this wouldn't be the cleanest way to do this considering it is just a forum, not Chevy's website although they should notify us about this stuff like Ford would do): we need one sticky thread that owners can share what updates they get installed and what they address or whatever other issues Chevrolet decides to fix automatically.

I currently have 4,000 miles and it says I have 46% oil life, but why do I have to wait until the oil change to see what's new and improved that I can now benefit from? It would be nice to check on here to see what's going on regarding this and then I could choose to bring my car in early.

I think this would benefit the whole community

Great idea!
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #4
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
You're kidding.. "Technical reasons"? Like data technical reasons or behind the scenes webpage technical reasons? If Chevrolet wants to stay competitive with the competition they need to step their game up. Ford would notify you via email AND provide you a download link to download the software updates on to a USB then install them in the car yourself. Chevrolet doesn't have a system even close to this yet. I'd like to say I hope they're working on something, but we'll never know. Until then we should be able to keep each other informed.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #5
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
I wonder who sponsors this forum. Anyone know? Someone's paying for it...

Tags
admin, recall, sticky, tsb, update