Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #15
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
January. It is built, I have a VIN! But waiting for shipping can take weeks.
You can add your VIN number in Onstar or the Chevy app. When they start up the engine to move/load and track every move.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:32 AM   #16
ryan01

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
We agree, the LT1 is a fun Camaro option and the least expensive V8. You can get the Bose but it is expensive. So it will be hard to find on a lot. I did pick the Bose on my LT1 along with Recaros. I fell in car love with these seats in my ZL1. Car and Driver agrees the ZL1 has the best seats among the ZL1, Hellcat, and the new GT500.

Get your girl to help maintain and Mod your LT1. Fun! When I let my oldest daughter drive my ZL1 A10 she got it a little sideways. She is still giggling. Your LT1 is a safer choice.

Pics?
Here's the progress so far. BMR springs, Borla Atak axle back, aFe CAI, Soler TB. Oh and my ZL1 wheels were just delivered yesterday.
Attached Images

ryan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:42 AM   #17
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan01 View Post
Here's the progress so far. BMR springs, Borla Atak axle back, aFe CAI, Soler TB. Oh and my ZL1 wheels were just delivered yesterday.
Wow Nice color! Those wheels will look great on your car! Show us later once they are on.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:45 AM   #18
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
You can add your VIN number in Onstar or the Chevy app. When they start up the engine to move/load and track every move.
Cool idea!! edit: OnStar took the VIN but won't goive any info. Oh well in afew weeks it will be warning me my TP is too low.

Last edited by Fraxum; 02-19-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:40 PM   #19
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Cool idea!! edit: OnStar took the VIN but won't goive any info. Oh well in afew weeks it will be warning me my TP is too low.
I will look for the link and how they did it on Streetspeed 717, his salesman did it on one of his videos for his 2020 Corvette and the Chevy Dude guy did it too. So it does work.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #20
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Dang, that Riverside Blue LT1 sure looks good and the optional wheels do too!��
Old 02-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #21
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I will look for the link and how they did it on Streetspeed 717, his salesman did it on one of his videos for his 2020 Corvette and the Chevy Dude guy did it too. So it does work.
No Need, the Camaro has landed in Detroit!

Becky is amazing! Ordered 1/8/2020.

Old 02-20-2020, 01:17 PM   #22
Pro-2A

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1 MM6, NPP
I love my 20 LT1! I can live without all the nanny BS, and the 245's on 8.5's, but I do feel it should have heated side view mirrors, the threaded bung for the tow hook, the SS MPH limiter but I guess Chevrolet had to take some things away to differentiate the models.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:23 PM   #23
Pro-2A

Quote:
No Need, the Camaro has landed in Detroit!

Becky is amazing! Ordered 1/8/2020.

That's looking good dude! Are those split spoke wheels still 8.5's all around or are they staggered?
Old 02-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #24
Pro-2A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan01 View Post
Hey buddy, love the color! Tell me more about the Soler TB, I ordered one the other day and can't wait!
Old 02-20-2020, 05:58 PM   #25
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-2A View Post
That's looking good dude! Are those split spoke wheels still 8.5's all around or are they staggered?
Thanks, Still 8.5s. My Winter setup. But I have a pair of 17" DragStars with MTs ready to go. Next I plan to add some bling and MRR 1LE 20" Replicas.

Old 02-20-2020, 06:13 PM   #26
Pro-2A

Quote:
Thanks, Still 8.5s. My Winter setup. But I have a pair of 17" DragStars with MTs ready to go. Next I plan to add some bling and MRR 1LE 20" Replicas.

Sounds good! I do like the red accents on the build renderings.

I did the fuel cap and stainless pedals. I have the MRR650 ZL1 replicas ready for spring along with the painted, molded splash guards. Gonna do the 275/295/35 setup.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #27
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
I like the LT1, I just hate how GM names things nowadays. Flashback 7-8 years and it's like, "LT1? WTF, GM's going back to using a GEN2, 350 SBC?" You still got to get specific when looking up mods or whatnot. Now it's like, "LT1? You mean the GEN2 motor, GEN5 motor, or Camaro model?" Come on GM you can do a little better than that.

But that aside the Camaro LT1 is to GEN6 Camaros what the Mustang LX was to the Foxbody Mustangs. A cheap way to get into a V8 and not just some lowend V8 but the SS/GT drivetrain. Also in it's base forum there is a noticeable weight savings even though not as extreme as the LX weight saving was to the GT. Another good comparison for the LT1 is the old GEN4 1SC optioned cars. (Your Stripper Z28's) The LT1 has the same principle, but not as extreme as the Stripper Fcars or Mustang LX. Those 1SC cars had no power windows/mirrors/seats/rear defost/cruise control/keyless entry/trunk release button, etc, but you could opinion them up some much like you could with the Mustang LX and the LT1.

I think the LT1 will appeal greatly to the tuner crowd looking for a good platform to mod without paying for a bunch of fluff. For example the smaller rear brake. The front is where most your braking comes from, and a smaller rear brake will allow for a smaller diameter wheel. IDK what the smallest diameter wheel you can fit on the rear of an SS, but lets just assume it's a 17" wheel. The LT1 may accept a 15" or 16" rear wheel. This will be popular for Camaro owners who frequently drag race.

While I think the LT1 is cool some more options would be awesome. You can option Recaros, and 6 piston Brembos, but no Magnaride or wider/sticker tires? (again, tuner car) Magnaride is awesome especially for people like me get close to their 40's who want nice handling, but a comfortable ride. How cool would a LT1 1LE be? Member when you could get a Formula Firehawk? Don't get me wrong the T/A Firehawks looked better, but the fact that you could get a Formula Firehawk was still cool, and rare. (can't remember if you could get a non-SS Z28 SLP car) IDK maybe some of the coolers and whatnot on the 1LE wouldn't fit the LT1 frontend? Sure these options would jack up the $ of a cars who's intent is to be a cheaper way to get the SS drivetrain, but the LT1's look, and options might just suit some people more than a SS does.

Still props to GM for introducing the LT1.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:49 PM   #28
ryan01

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-2A View Post
Hey buddy, love the color! Tell me more about the Soler TB, I ordered one the other day and can't wait!
I just had him do his work on my stock one so it would look the stock. It really helped eliminate the surging. It’s much smoother and crisper now. Definitely money well spent.
ryan01 is offline   Reply With Quote