Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 09-20-2019, 05:33 AM   #29
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Latest report from GM Customer Service is that the engine arrived Monday at the dealership but they had not installed it yet.

I requested that they pay another car payment, due tomorrow. My Sr Adviser said she would make the request.

It looks like the warranty on the new engine will be 1 year, 12,000 miles.
I might suggest a couple of things. First, inquire about an extended powertrain warranty. Would be cool if the dealer threw it in because of the six or seven weeks of jacking around, and delay created with management change.

Also, if read correctly, your car is manual. Might be a good idea to come out of pocket for a new clutch. You may not need it now, but you have almost 50K miles. It may be a lot cheaper to come out of pocket since the engine is already out. A "while you're in there situation" which would take several hours off labor time for the R/R of the clutch.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #30
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I might suggest a couple of things. First, inquire about an extended powertrain warranty. Would be cool if the dealer threw it in because of the six or seven weeks of jacking around, and delay created with management change.

Also, if read correctly, your car is manual. Might be a good idea to come out of pocket for a new clutch. You may not need it now, but you have almost 50K miles. It may be a lot cheaper to come out of pocket since the engine is already out. A "while you're in there situation" which would take several hours off labor time for the R/R of the clutch.
Not a bad suggestion on the clutch, the bad is the stock clutch is something like $1500 or more plus I am sure they will charge some labor to R&R the clutch and pressure plate.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:55 AM   #31
KYVOM1LE

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Kirk, this is like a Soap Opera. Have my hot tea and reading through all the drama. Glad you are getting a new engine and hope they install without major issues.
KYVOM1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #32
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13DuskKY View Post
Kirk, this is like a Soap Opera. Have my hot tea and reading through all the drama. Glad you are getting a new engine and hope they install without major issues.
No doubt!

I have kept updating this thread because I had never had anything like this happen before. I had no clue how to handle this. Hopefully the next person with this type of problem will find this thread.

Big thanks to Glen E. Calling GM and getting the field supervisor in seemed to get the ball rolling finally.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #33
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Not a bad suggestion on the clutch, the bad is the stock clutch is something like $1500 or more plus I am sure they will charge some labor to R&R the clutch and pressure plate.
Of course there will be that cost involved. However, my point is that while there will be a little extra labor involved, it wouldn't be nearly as much as it would be if he had to go back in a couple of years when the clutch does wear out. Given the circumstances, the dealership might even work with him on some if it as well, not free, but cheaper.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #34
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Of course there will be that cost involved. However, my point is that while there will be a little extra labor involved, it wouldn't be nearly as much as it would be if he had to go back in a couple of years when the clutch does wear out. Given the circumstances, the dealership might even work with him on some if it as well, not free, but cheaper.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably ride out whatever warranty that I get with this dealership, then when that is expired, I will hook up with WeaponX or Vengeance Racing and let them build from there.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #35
KirkH

GM just called and said my car should be ready tomorrow or Wednesday.

They also said there will be NO additional warranty, just the original power train warranty. SO I have about 7,000 miles left on that warranty.

I am in the market for a new truck for my business. I know one company I will not be choosing.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #36
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
1st thing 1st, the dealer was required to put you into a loaner the moment the repairs required the vehicle to be held over night. not 3.5 weeks later.
This is false.

It would be nice, in a dream world... but no it isn't the case.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #37
TJay74

Quote:
GM just called and said my car should be ready tomorrow or Wednesday.

They also said there will be NO additional warranty, just the original power train warranty. SO I have about 7,000 miles left on that warranty.

I am in the market for a new truck for my business. I know one company I will not be choosing.

That isnt fully correct. The repairs the dealer is doing and the parts will be covered for 2yrs and 24k miles.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
Old 09-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #38
KirkH

Quote:
That isnt fully correct. The repairs the dealer is doing and the parts will be covered for 2yrs and 24k miles.
I thought it was 1 year, 12,000 miles for dealer work, but the district manager for GM said no. I will see what happens when I pick it up.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #39
TJay74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
This is false.

It would be nice, in a dream world... but no it isn't the case.
Actually it isnt false, coming from a life long GM owner, someone who has worked for GM and who's father retired from GM.

It says right in the GM warranty system, if the vehicle repairs are to expected to take overnight the dealer is to put the owner into a dealership loaner vehicle or a rental that is covered by GM.

Been doing this a long time, I have never went any longer than 1 day to get a loaner if i need one with any dealer I have ever worked with on repairs with my vehicle.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #40
TJay74

Quote:
I thought it was 1 year, 12,000 miles for dealer work, but the district manager for GM said no. I will see what happens when I pick it up.

GM has updated their parts warranty now, I just got done dealing with them on this.

If you only buy the parts it is 24 months or 24k miles coverage on the part, if the dealer installs the parts it also covers the labor as well now.

https://www.chevrolet.com/certified-...parts-warranty

Old 09-23-2019, 07:38 PM   #41
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Actually it isnt false, coming from a life long GM owner, someone who has worked for GM and who's father retired from GM.

It says right in the GM warranty system, if the vehicle repairs are to expected to take overnight the dealer is to put the owner into a dealership loaner vehicle or a rental that is covered by GM.

Been doing this a long time, I have never went any longer than 1 day to get a loaner if i need one with any dealer I have ever worked with on repairs with my vehicle.
Actually it IS false, and no matter how many anecdotes you throw at it you cannot make it true. GM's warranty policy DOES NOT provide for a loaner vehicle, that is up to the discretion of the dealership.

Here is the Chevrolet warranty document, you should be able to show me where it says a loaner is provided for overnight service if you still believe I'm wrong:

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...9_CHEV_WM_.pdf

Try a CTRL+F and search "loaner" or "loan" in the .pdf to get the quickest results. good luck!
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:58 PM   #42
TJay74

I will conceed to you on this then, it seems thatGM has changed the policy. My last new GM truck from 2014 had the language in the owners manual where GM explained how the loaner policy works.

I had also seen it in my 2009 G8 GXP, 2008 C6 Corvette and my 2006 GTO. All of them had the language in the manual telling how the vehicle loaner program worked.