Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
Socal_Camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro LS 2.0T
potential misfire when riding clutch 2017 2.0 Turbo??

There's a long strip of road nearby that's great for safely checking out 0-60 times. Today, I was pushing to see if I could improve on my 5.8 record time. Headed down the road accelerating from probably 45-60 and riding the clutch in 3rd (or maybe 4th?) the engine revs more than expected for a moment, the car lurches, the engine whines due to the revving, and a loss of power is felt.

No dash lights come on. The car still drives when this happens. I can still shift to the next gear and get back in my power band.

Other times this has happened I have let it stay in gear and let the engine rev down - and then continued to accelerate/drive as expected.

This only happens when I'm trying to haul ass as fast as I can in a straight line while riding the clutch to get some extra acceleration.

Is there something wrong?? Or should I just not be riding the clutch in a car like this? I used to do this all time without any trouble in my 2011 Jetta...

What do you guys think?
Socal_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
Cechk01

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal_Camaro View Post
There's a long strip of road nearby that's great for safely checking out 0-60 times. Today, I was pushing to see if I could improve on my 5.8 record time. Headed down the road accelerating from probably 45-60 and riding the clutch in 3rd (or maybe 4th?) the engine revs more than expected for a moment, the car lurches, the engine whines due to the revving, and a loss of power is felt.

No dash lights come on. The car still drives when this happens. I can still shift to the next gear and get back in my power band.

Other times this has happened I have let it stay in gear and let the engine rev down - and then continued to accelerate/drive as expected.

This only happens when I'm trying to haul ass as fast as I can in a straight line while riding the clutch to get some extra acceleration.

Is there something wrong?? Or should I just not be riding the clutch in a car like this? I used to do this all time without any trouble in my 2011 Jetta...

What do you guys think?
yea, you shouldn't be riding the clutch. The SS has some form of torque management that will kick in if it thinks the clutch is slipping too much. not sure if this is a "feature" on the 2.0L cars too.
Cechk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:48 PM   #3
Socal_Camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro LS 2.0T
Thanks, I'm hoping it's just a matter of riding the clutch causing too much slip. I'll try to ease off a bit on the next go
Socal_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:52 PM   #4
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
this is a built in safety, it sounds like normal operation.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote