Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Looking good I will have to check it out
Old 05-11-2017, 07:30 AM   #16
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Looking good I will have to check it out
Yes. I was REALLY impressed......... He said that is the only product he uses on convertible tops...
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:34 PM   #17
trukgirl

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Conv, 2015 Silverado CC
Send a message via Yahoo to trukgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I'm currently using the RaggTopp products. I purchased a kit from Autogeek - Raggtopp Fabric Complete Kit. It's a very good value.

I did stumble on this comparison video after purchasing the Raggtopp products. I will probably give the 303 products a try after I've used up all of the Raggtopp products.
I found the same video and ended up going with 303 ... got a 32oz bottle on amazon of the protectant and found the cleaner at a local store while looking for something else (lol).

Past Camaros:
2012 1LT Silver Ice
1989 RS 305v8 Medium Maui Metallic Blue, T tops
trukgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 AM   #18
VABarn

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS Vert
Maybe a dumb/newb question, but.... How the heck do you guys apply this stuff onto the top and not have it either get on the windows or the paint? The spray just mists all over the place, and when it dries on the windows, it takes some elbow grease to remove it.

I've thought about using a very thin tarp to lay over my interior and close the top covering the tarp, but I haven't actually done that yet.
VABarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABarn View Post
Maybe a dumb/newb question, but.... How the heck do you guys apply this stuff onto the top and not have it either get on the windows or the paint? The spray just mists all over the place, and when it dries on the windows, it takes some elbow grease to remove it.

I've thought about using a very thin tarp to lay over my interior and close the top covering the tarp, but I haven't actually done that yet.
You need a more directed sprayer. The sprayers at autogeek let you go from a full stream to a real wide or real narrow mist..... get in touch with them and ask them which one to buy.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #20
Barley Pop

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Convertible
VABarn, I used a very thin plastic (kind of like the thickness of the plastic they use at the dry cleaners when you get clothes back) to lay over the windows and back of the car. Just stop the top right before it is closed, lay down or drape the very thin plastic in between, and finish closing. Worked like a champ and did not hurt any pieces or parts when it clamped down. The only window you will have to worry about is the back window and just wipe it down before it dries to cut down on the elbow grease effort. Good luck.
Barley Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #21
Rich Alsip

Drives: 2016 2SS convertible black
What's the rear window made of ? Plexiglass? What's the best thing to clean with?
Rich Alsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #22
sf70h

Drives: 17' 2SS Camaro A8 Vert NPP
I've used 303 Fabric Guard on my new SS convertible based on forum and youtube research. I started with applying a thin coating and letting it dry in the garage overnight. The following week I washed my car and I wasn't happy with the amount of water rejection so that night I applied a 2nd thin coating. It raned the following week on me and I was able to see that a 2nd coating was getting the results I wanted to see.
I think I will apply 1 more thin coating this weekend and that should do it. I've researched that you want many thin coatings to get the best protection - use what you like and use it often approach - like painting, it is suggested to apply many thin coats vs. 1 heavy coat.

Before the 1st application of the Fabric Guard:
1. Used a vacuum cleaner on the top to get up any loose dirt etc.. sitting on the top
2. Used a lint-roller to pickup the other fuzzies sticking to the top
3. Wetted the top down with the hose
4. Used 303 Tonneau Top Cleaner Spray and a Brush and lightly scrubbed the top
5. Rinsed and let dry overnight in the garage
6. Next night, I used a lint roller again to pickup any loose fuzzies
7. Applied the 303 Fabric Guard - Coating 1
8. Week later, hosed the top off, let it dry, lint roller - then applied Coating 2 (really started seeing results after this coating)
9. I'm about to do the same for coating 3 this weekend (rinse, dry, lint roller then Fabric Guard)

Brush: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

303 Tonneau Top Cleaner Spray:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

303 Fabric Guard:

Rich, the rear window is glass btw.
sf70h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #23
diirk

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf70h View Post
I've used 303 Fabric Guard on my new SS convertible based on forum and youtube research. I started with applying a thin coating and letting it dry in the garage overnight. The following week I washed my car and I wasn't happy with the amount of water rejection so that night I applied a 2nd thin coating. It raned the following week on me and I was able to see that a 2nd coating was getting the results I wanted to see.
I think I will apply 1 more thin coating this weekend and that should do it. I've researched that you want many thin coatings to get the best protection - use what you like and use it often approach - like painting, it is suggested to apply many thin coats vs. 1 heavy coat.

Before the 1st application of the Fabric Guard:
1. Used a vacuum cleaner on the top to get up any loose dirt etc.. sitting on the top
2. Used a lint-roller to pickup the other fuzzies sticking to the top
3. Wetted the top down with the hose
4. Used 303 Tonneau Top Cleaner Spray and a Brush and lightly scrubbed the top
5. Rinsed and let dry overnight in the garage
6. Next night, I used a lint roller again to pickup any loose fuzzies
7. Applied the 303 Fabric Guard - Coating 1
8. Week later, hosed the top off, let it dry, lint roller - then applied Coating 2 (really started seeing results after this coating)
9. I'm about to do the same for coating 3 this weekend (rinse, dry, lint roller then Fabric Guard)

Brush: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

303 Tonneau Top Cleaner Spray:

303 Fabric Guard:

Rich, the rear window is glass btw.
Thanks for the detailed instructions. Very helpful!
1morproject
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #24
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Do you need to have the top dry between the cleaner and the sealer? I was about to do both tonight, but then read this. I didn't see anywhere in the instructions that the top should be dry before adding the sealer. . . not sure if I should clean, then put the sealer on tomorrow. . . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:03 AM   #25
TybeeSS

Drives: 2017 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Do you need to have the top dry between the cleaner and the sealer? I was about to do both tonight, but then read this. I didn't see anywhere in the instructions that the top should be dry before adding the sealer. . . not sure if I should clean, then put the sealer on tomorrow. . . .
Yes you should allow time to dry. I parked mine in the sun and it was completely dry in a couple hours.
TybeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:38 AM   #26
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
I purchased the 303 Fabric Guard on Amazon, went to Walmart and picked up a small foam roller kit https://www.walmart.com/ip/7-Piece-M...rior/181592592 (I only used one foam roller to do the whole top) cleaned the top with dish soap/water mix, I made sure to rinse the top with plenty of water to remove all soap, let it dry and just rolled the 303 on the top using the little paint tray that came with the kit. The roller is small so you can get really close to the back glass/trim and body without getting any or very little 303 on them, just take your time. Worked great for me and it was so easy.

PS. Make sure the cheap plastic paint tray is not cracked before you buy it lol! and have a lint free rag in case you do get some on the paint or glass you can quickly wipe it off before it dries.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #27
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Rolling on the protectant is a brilliant idea!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:06 AM   #28
KM_HH6

Drives: 2017 ragtop give-me-a-ticket-red
Glad I found this forum. Your cars are beautiful. I've just ordered the RaggTopp kit for my new 2017 Convertible. This is my first new vehicle in 302K miles. My first non-Mopar. My first non-Truck. My first convertible. I feel like a teen-age girl. Alas, my new baby must be a daily driver, so she is out in the rain a lot (rains 50-60 inches a year), probably will see some bits of snow this winter (not much snow in southern TN), and lots of heat and humidity. She's in a garage at work, and a garage at home, but in between time, she spends about 2 1/2 hours a day on the road during the week. And sometimes I just drive her around on the weekends because I love driving. Given those kinds of brutal conditions, how often do you all think I might need to "clean and protect"? (BTW, I have noticed the top's uncanny ability to attract the tan fur from my German Shepherd...and the dog is not allowed near the car) Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
KM_HH6 is offline   Reply With Quote